Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

3 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

I was starting to question my sanity about doing that, because I was cataloging a bunch of duplicants that no longer even exist.

I asked earlier this page if you wanted ice cream to sooth that insanity

Spoiler

And if this is a new page, earlier last page

4 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

because I was cataloging a bunch of duplicants that no longer even exist.

Hopefully Klei can be convinced to bring them back. 
Even though there are tons of things much more important to the game functioning and improving, bringing these dupes back would be the best thing in my opinion. Biased it may be. 

3 hours ago, goboking said:

The next preview branch should go live tomorrow.  That makes today Christmas Eve and @watermelen671 Santa Clause.  I've no cookies or milk to leave by the fireplace, so some Berry Sludge will have to suffice.

...oh heck.

crysipp.png.4caf634354beeebdcd43ffbfae41f2c4.png

Spoiler

I'm both hyped, and dreading how much stuff I'm going to have to sift through.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So uh, is there anyway to achieve the sprites for ONI's creatures? I took the smallest glance and noticed it's not the same process as Don't Starve, or maybe you could toss them up here? (Or if you already have, quote them to me? I might've missed them...)

6 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

So uh, is there anyway to achieve the sprites for ONI's creatures? I took the smallest glance and noticed it's not the same process as Don't Starve, or maybe you could toss them up here? (Or if you already have, quote them to me? I might've missed them...)

by achieve do you mean decompile?

11 minutes ago, MF99K said:

by achieve do you mean decompile?

I mean, I think? Not fully sure, sorry,  I just recently dove into decompiling all of DST's stuff to view animations and whatnot, but then I've got n bloody idea where to start with ONI, and really, I don't need much, so it's 50/50, I could learn, or if anyone has them on hand, that'd be swell too.

21 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

I mean, I think? Not fully sure, sorry,  I just recently dove into decompiling all of DST's stuff to view animations and whatnot, but then I've got n bloody idea where to start with ONI, and really, I don't need much, so it's 50/50, I could learn, or if anyone has them on hand, that'd be swell too.

Watermelen has been doing most of it so you'll have to ask them but I do think it still uses spriter

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2019 at 2:24 AM, Angel_Octoling said:

On 1/20/2019 at 2:46 AM, MF99K said:

Watermelen has been doing most of it so you'll have to ask them but I do think it still uses spriter

It does use spriter, and someone else made a hecking magnificent program to decompile ONI animations.

I use:

https://github.com/Perfare/AssetStudio/releases

Spoiler

Even though it appears to be abandoned.

crysipp.png.4caf634354beeebdcd43ffbfae41f2c4.png

Here's a RAR file with a bunch of examples...and by that I mean it's really just all of the Anim_Interacts.

TextAsset.rar

I believe that everything should be on the up and up, I just haven't run the program for all of the folders/animations. 

1f4a6.png.e0f19cf8daf9ef005764b5a95c420a4e.png

• Thanks 1

This thread is pretty silent before the update so i thought i post some lore theories i came up with instead of making a new thread for it:

1. Mining guns

Spoiler

Dis.png.ae9ec00d4588bce643d312527e5430e7.png

The lore mentions a possibility of an "all purpose disintegration ray" that could be pretty compact. It`s possible that the technology Gravitas used to break down neutronium found a use in the mining guns. It would explain the mass lost when mining. If the Temporal Bow was the first completed porject the mining gun might have been a logical next step. It also provides a possibility of a disintigration station for removing unwanted stuff to be added later.

2. "Hourglass"

Spoiler

Hourglass.png.e0814e639209805a5b9919e245b8d334.pngNote.png.876f3e3072e1562c772e1af8adcf022a.png

Given another theory that it`s Jodie controlling the colony this leads me to a new assumption that after something(everything) went wrong Jackie left the note for her so that she tries to fix it. It`s all time travel. Maybe the goal of the game is to rebuild the Temporal Bow, turn back time and prevent the disaster. Now you just need to teach the dupes how to build that. What would happen then? You start a new game? Go to some sort of adventure mode to calibrate the machine? I`m sure we`ll get to see that sooner rather than later.

3. Refined minerals - bricks

Spoiler

Brick.png.d55cd79991275931c7baed6c87b43aca.png

I keep talking about refining raw minerals and there is a a few refined minerals in the codex. one is especially interesting. The brick has the same description and properties ceramic has with the exception of being listed as "refined" instead of "raw". Why have 2 things that do the same? My theory on that is that later the kiln will produce bricks that will be considered a higher tier material and used for advanced buildings like the smelter or glass forge while ceramic will be a filler material appearing when clay gets hot enough from magma or something (probably usable as well).
You can find other refined materials in the codex including sand cement, carbon fibre and crushed rock. I think those might be used for insulated tiles (down to 100kg/tile but only refined mineral) or for bunker tiles (steel + refined mineral required).
Might be also an abandoned feature but i like to be positive about it.

That`s all i got for now. Enjoy.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Maybe the goal of the game is to rebuild the Temporal Bow, turn back time and prevent the disaster. Now you just need to teach the dupes how to build that. What would happen then?  You start a new game?

If sci-fi has taught me anything, there are three possibilities.

1. The timeline is fixed and the universe will adjust to account for our dupes' meddling, meaning the catastrophe will happen anyway.  This means the attempt to save the planet fail, we'll unlock an achievement, and the will game pick up where it left off before playing the end-game cutscene.
  2. There are multiple universes and our dupes will successfully save the planet for another space-time continuum, but they themselves are returned to their own timeline in which the planet is and will always be destroyed.  We'll unlock an achievement and the game will pick up where it left off before playing the end-game cutscene.
  3. Skynet will send a terminator back in time to stop our dupes from saving the planet.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1