Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

Spoiler

5c145f993e2f0_ezgif.com-apng-maker101.png.a42a291a3a4f5eca577bd88460675230.png5c145fb235dbc_ezgif.com-apng-maker(100).png.4442b0242a71387c21dab0b72da3a560.png5c145fa90a785_ezgif.com-apng-maker(99).png.eff121e688aaf41020384c9825bf9b6b.png

Spoiler

5c145fa90a785_ezgif.com-apng-maker(99).png.eff121e688aaf41020384c9825bf9b6b.png5c145fa90a785_ezgif.com-apng-maker(99).png.eff121e688aaf41020384c9825bf9b6b.png5c145fa90a785_ezgif.com-apng-maker(99).png.eff121e688aaf41020384c9825bf9b6b.png5c145fa90a785_ezgif.com-apng-maker(99).png.eff121e688aaf41020384c9825bf9b6b.png

Spoiler

Don't worry, I'm already on it.

11 minutes ago, Mariilyn said:

Mind-controlling device?

Funny you should mention that...that's what it's actually called in the files. I assume it would've been like a neat thing that would've played like when you would force moving a dupe somewhere for instance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

literally nothing is loading for me right now but

Example of a masked texture using RGB as masks:

image.png.fb7e1f6a067f495bfacc5f96e13673b0.png

R= color

B= alpha

C= mask for something yet to be implemented

(not directly ONI related, just illustrating how this sort of thing is used and how the resulting image looks)

Edited by MF99K

2 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

5c15bcee9e34d_ezgif.com-apng-maker(1).png.22282721ffe7cbc9ebb79f9cd3c7c453.png

"Mae Loses Her Eyebrows"

also does this make the mask thing I'm trying to say less confusing? image.png.2cdbb7e1a082428d547d71cc58eb3150.png

basically a way to optimize by shoving three images into a single image using RGB so you only need one asset instead of three

image.png.c4d589ea0763a451f4e950ec3dddf431.png

Edited by MF99K
admittedly the shirt isn't as clean as I expected it to be

2 hours ago, zergologist said:

What will it do?

It's a scrapped creature, the shock worm

It basically just attacked and zapped anything close enough.

Only time I ever dealt with one it hung out by my colony's main ladder and damaged everyone before I decided it needed to be exterminated

• Like 1

Spoiler

image.png.804842294b603601fcccca7b53d25905.png

Zereoth law???

...I find it odd that those logs were just straight up removed from the game, like, they're not even in the strings anymore level of removed.

ALSO!

image.png.8500a54fa5893881eebf99dbaf7137dd.png

I DON'T CARE I STILL WANT ONE!! :wilson_cry:

I also still don't understand why Klei doesn't give us the critter plushes we've been crying for already...

I MEAN COME ON!! I'D KILL FOR A SLICKSTERS/SLICKSTER LARVA AND DRECKO PLUSHES!!

Spoiler

Like seriously, whose blood do I have to spill in order to get my hands on some o' dat? :wilson_curious:

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

I also still don't understand why Klei doesn't give us the critter plushes we've been crying for already...

The game's still in beta and probably will be for some time. I mean did Don't Starve have all this merchandise when it was still in beta?

I think Hot Lava and ONI will get plushies/figures after it's release. I mean there's a clear demand for them already, they just need ideas and money.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, goboking said:

He's so cuddly!  I want to adopt him and bring him home and name him Sparky, but Klei has deemed him a threat to dupes.  Like we can't just print more dupes...

I really think they should add him. Players like a challenge (I mean not be personally but I'm only one person).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

I really think they should add him. Players like a challenge (I mean not be personally but I'm only one person).

I think as long as they do some sort of balancing like they did with dont starve (where even hostile creatures have some sort of benefit) and not just like a sentient lightning cloud that likes zapping people and has literally no purpose then yeah.

It could be some sort of optional feature (like an upped difficulty for experienced players) where hostile creatures appear on occasion, and it wouldn't necessarily affect the lore cause it could be due to some sort of genetic malfunction or aliens showing up.

I sometimes question how it would affect the gameplay for dupes to be attacked and/or eaten by hostile creatures since that sounds kinda brutal, but then I remember that people regularly design chlorine gas chambers for dupes so uh....

7 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

But I mean...it doesn't just attack dupes, it attacks EVERYONE.

It'd enrage me SO much if I finally get my Super Mega Awesome Rancher sector all built up and running smoothly, and then suddenly a random Shockworm floats in and kills all of my tamed critters. 

479365445015830538.png?v=1

Spoiler

And it's not like other critters that attack...mainly Hatches. (Do Shove Voles attack back?)

They only attack one dupe at a time. 

Shockworms have a very large AOE, so...yeah. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, watermelen671 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.png.804842294b603601fcccca7b53d25905.png

Zereoth law???

...I find it odd that those logs were just straight up removed from the game, like, they're not even in the strings anymore level of removed.

Was that removed. I found it as a part of an e-mail converstion while playing. It seems to still be there.

Also there is a 0th law of thermodynamics no matter how silly it sounds. I was confused as well wheni heard about it first.

As for other interesting notes i found:
-shinebugs weren`t planned as critter critical to the mission. They were described as interesting but not useful.
-critters are supposed to sustain their population in harsh coditions so you don`t have to rely on the prinitng pod (possibly hint for printing critters via the pod)
-food and oxygen producing plants were considered top priority. Maybe we will get an oxygen producing plant later.
-wheezeworts are considered animals rather than plants.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

But I mean...it doesn't just attack dupes, it attacks EVERYONE.

It'd enrage me SO much if I finally get my Super Mega Awesome Rancher sector all built up and running smoothly, and then suddenly a random Shockworm floats in and kills all of my tamed critters.

Hide contents

And it's not like other critters that attack...mainly Hatches. (Do Shove Voles attack back?)

They only attack one dupe at a time. 

Shockworms have a very large AOE, so...yeah. 

That would suck. Do they attack each other? You may have to have a separate ranch/area for them and suits so they can't kill dupes. Maybe they become more docile when tamed? (Unless provoked ofcourse). Idk just ideas.