Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

2 hours ago, Bizzum22 said:

why does the small plant have an animation then, but not now?

507297736635449344.png?v=1

1 minute ago, zergologist said:

How?!?!? How that that work!?!? Can you bring back the old pacu, back before like occupational/ranching? The pacu that worked in agricultural and below?

507297736635449344.png?v=1

Spoiler

You mean like the one that constantly pooped out fertilizer? Or the normal pacu that reproduced like mad?

I can't code, believe me. I tried for ages to get certain people to teach me their ways so that I could get the animations...the only reason I'm able to do it now is because someone else made a tool. (and I love them for it. :wilson_love:)

Well, i guess tools are better than nothing, and the old pacu (Did it reproduce like crazy and fart out fertilizer) is still out there, in earlier builds of the game, while the shockworm for instance is A) still being developed on B) scrapped or C) Still remains one of the far out features from the future.

Finally updated my lore txt file. Added Dupe personality descriptions and SEARCH.LORE messages. Other than that, there shouldn't be anything new (that hasn't already been posted here.)

Has anybody found out whether the NOTETOJODI entry has already been implemented? I expected a unique 'new database entry discovered'-message for this, but haven't found anything.

lore_entries.txt

1 minute ago, Lepeightl said:

Finally updated my lore txt file. Added Dupe personality descriptions and SEARCH.LORE messages. Other than that, there shouldn't be anything new (that hasn't already been posted here.)

Has anybody found out whether the NOTETOJODI entry has already been implemented? I expected a unique 'new database entry discovered'-message for this, but haven't found anything.

lore_entries.txt

The Note to Jodi has been implemented.

Also...maybe do the dupe personality descriptions for all of the lost dupes?

8 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Also...maybe do the dupe personality descriptions for all of the lost dupes?

Never have found any of these.

Just searched for keywords from the gamepedia page in the strings file, still nothing. The old entries seem to be gone for good, sorry.  :/

I mean, I could copy them from the gamepedia entry... if you still would have some use for these... However, I doubt that they are still relevant for the game's lore.

13 minutes ago, Lepeightl said:

Never have found any of these.

Just searched for keywords from the gamepedia page in the strings file, still nothing. The old entries seem to be gone for good, sorry.  :/

I mean, I could copy them from the gamepedia entry... if you still would have some use for these... However, I doubt that they are still relevant for the game's lore.

I mean I have them...just too lazy to actually compile them.

Old Dupes.txt

Edited by watermelen671
HECKIN'...HECK!

8 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Can someone make a list of duplicants that look like don't starve characters?

Asking the wrong group of individuals here m8.

We're not artists. :wilson_ecstatic:

Spoiler

Well except for MF99K, but she's not an artist in this neck of the woods. 

gossipp.png.2953c2def0d5015173585bf9e1e72fdc.png

Edit: Also 'spatch...my brain's a bit melted atm.

Edited by watermelen671
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I am asking for a list that includes the red haired duplicant with hair going into two sides ( wigfrid ) and so on...

...I don't follow. What are you asking for? For people to make the Don't Starve character models into duplicant models? Or the other way around? 

Because that's probably not going to work. Duplicants have more angles of rotation than DS character models, if it's the latter.

Spoiler

Either way I'm just going to post this.

unknown.png

Edited by watermelen671

4 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Has anybody else ever noticed that 3 dupes have hairstyles that no other dupe has?

Ellie, Lindsay, and Otto all have unique hairstyles. 

also Catalina.

those styles used to belong to other dupes that got scrapped

100px-ONI_Eleanor.png?version=53dd83f083100px-ONI_Gabriel.png?version=90563c9910

(couldn't find any others)

If they do ever add more dupes, they should probably use one of the lesser-used hairstyles

18 hours ago, MF99K said:

100px-ONI_Eleanor.png?version=53dd83f083100px-ONI_Gabriel.png?version=90563c9910

That's Elanor and Gabriel IIRC.

18 hours ago, MF99K said:

If they do ever add more dupes, they should probably use one of the lesser-used hairstyles

Or the palette swapped versions that lurk in the files...which oddly enough Catalina's hair doesn't have.

So I guess Lindsay's and Catalina's hair are the only unique ones. :wilson_curious:

This is literally just a sample...there's SO many dupes missing here.

Spoiler

5c1d3b0d093f1_Pre-ThermalDupes.thumb.png.0e6d7191f6e0e36df183aa6585960e77.png

If you'd like to aid me in my quest of slowly sinking into the depths of insanity, please capture pre-thermal dupes in a pose that clearly shows their round eyes like this:

Spoiler

bertie.png.f824ba4cccb508fc65bfd2abe7843310.png

Not like this:

Spoiler

Archibald.png.659064ac85c9ef84c5c7176a9790888a.png

Trim the area to the black border surrounding the bio, and please remove personal information so that it looks like this:

Spoiler

final.png.9998a817f81dd69e8333a966ea4e6798.png

You can use the example/template posted here, and please pack up all of your dupes into a RAR file, and DM it to me so that I can preserve my sanity. :wilson_goodjob:

Spoiler

GIMP

Spoiler

Photoshop

Spoiler

Edited by watermelen671
*Screams*
  • Like 2