QOL Upgrade Mk 2 Delay

• Developer

Sneeze.gif

Hi folks,

For most of January the Oxygen Not Included team has been short several members due to holiday and a seasonal disease outbreak. It's caused our progress on the next update to be slower than normal. The good news is we're pretty much all back to work and feeling better now, so good work is getting done again.

We don't like messing with the schedule when we can avoid it, but we're also not big on releasing things before we feel they're ready.  We've decided to delay the release of the next Quality of Life upgrade for a couple weeks. 

The plan had been to open the testing branch on January 17th, and then to the public release branch on February 7th.
The new plan is to open the testing branch on January 31st, and then public release branch on February 19th.

Thanks for sticking with us, we appreciate your patience.

7 minutes ago, paoweeotter said:

Full release is on the 7th of February already? Excited! I got this game the moment it came out in Steam Early Access :)

Nah, they're talking about this particular update's release date. Not sure how many QoL updates they're gonna do before the full release.

7 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

Sounds like new diseases and the doctor job? :o

I wish, but that sounds like something outside the scope of a QOL upgrade and a bit more substantive than something I'd expect from a game in its polishing phase.  Still, here's hoping you're right.  :)

53 minutes ago, goboking said:

I wish, but that sounds like something outside the scope of a QOL upgrade and a bit more substantive than something I'd expect from a game in its polishing phase.  Still, here's hoping you're right.  :)

Why not? They've already have jobs and diseases implemented, I'd be shocked if the backend isn't there to add more of both with little effort.

12 hours ago, paoweeotter said:

Full release is on the 7th of February already? Excited! I got this game the moment it came out in Steam Early Access :)

I think he meant the "full PREVIEW" release.   Not the "full" release of the actual game, as more early access will continue on through the year most likely.

Archived