Announcing Don't Starve: Hamlet, The Forge and other exciting news!

"In addition to the chance of receiving them as drops, players will have the option to purchase a single character’s Warrior Skin Set for $2.99, or the entire Warrior Skin Set collection for $12.99.
The nature of the skins themselves will not change, they are still purely cosmetic and optional. However, purchase of the Warrior Set will help us fund further content and events like this one.
We hope that with this mechanism, we can both continue creating great free content while also supporting the development team. In addition, this method of funding allows us to provide content to all our players, instead of splitting the player community if we implemented it with a DLC paywall."

works for me, just let us know or remind us when it's a fund raising thing like the skins. knew you guys couldn't keep providing free updates forever without some help, happy to support

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Just now, PandFurr said:

OMG what a joyful day nwn,my question is hoy Many cost Hamlet DLC? D:

I'd assume about the same as the other two. 

Shipwrecked was basically a whole new game and was cheap, I think this DLC is just an add-on to existing Reign of Giants flavored Don't Starve. 

DANGIT, I just realized this means we have to beat Ancient Guardian. I'll have to see if I can join a bigger group. I love my friends, but they aren't very good at the game, and I can't beat anything without a bigger team.

Edit: Shadow Guardian or whatever, sorry I'm so tired right now.

Edited by ExtollerOfTrolls

47 minutes ago, t1morino88eex said:

Holly hell, so this is the norm nowadays. I'll never again buy or touch anything Klei makes. I don't care that it's just a visual thing, but this is one of the lamest and cheapest way to expect to make money out of a game. Awful.

so even if all the content is being given for free when they include event skins for sale to not split the comunity like activision, ea and gearbox do they are suddenly the bad guys? they need money and they are providing us with content without charge and the skins will be what keeps founding them to keep expanding the game and this game is already way to old to be getting all this support. instead of pulling a dlc fest like pay day 2 or bringing don't starve 3 they are expanding dst and giving options for people to support the development of the game. please explain to me how is this a bad thing compared to the really ****ty practices many other corporations do like spiting the player base.

• Like 2

Things that interest me as of this update:

Will the Forge be a hard and accessible underground location post-event that simply doesn't yield prizes so we can still traverse and enjoy it?

Will recipes from the event as far as armor, weapons, tools and et cetera be usable in the standard DST if that area isn't accessible just for the sake of variety (and fun)?

Will Hamlet detail the history on the shadow world and how the pigmen became savages? I'm going to assume the fuelweaver race corrupted the surface world with nightmares- or the nightmares in general just worked their own way from bottom to top while corrupting anything it touched.

Will the main plot involving Charlie's throning and Maxwell's desire to save her (and everyone's escape) be finished even if the DLC gives us nothing pertaining to that? (Unfinished plots are no fun).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow...

I have a practical exam in a few hours to study for and everything I covered has flown out of my mind because of all of this.  And I haven't logged in for a very long time, but I just had to because there's just so much here!

I don't mind the pay for skins.  If it keeps Klei in business it's fine by me.  I can understand the pros and cons for the decision, and to me it works out.  Especially because I don't get to play that often due to school and work.  Depending on what the skins look like and variety, I may just throw in money for some.  It would be interesting to see these new abilities for the characters and figure out your team to go into the arena.  I look forward to The Forge and other planned events!

Your guys' timing on Shipwrecked news is amazing.  It's always around the time I'm either in or going to my mother country.  Love Shipwrecked and i hope someone can clarify if content updates will be released somewhat weekly or monthly just like before?  It looks as if quite a bit will be added and I wonder how long the updates will come in before launch.

Either way it's always nice to see the singleplayer get picked up again.  Very curious on what will come about from the Hamlet DLC.  

Again, thanks Klei for bringing on the hype and content.

And I have talked for too much nonsense, so I apologize for that.  Now, if you will excuse me, I am going to have my pre- in-game panic attack.

(Tar slicks ... that's practically a tar pit! ... why did it have to be a tar pit?!?!)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1