Announcing Don't Starve: Hamlet, The Forge and other exciting news!

2 minutes ago, t1morino88eex said:

Holly hell, so this is the norm nowadays. I'll never again buy or touch anything Klei makes. I don't care that it's just a visual thing, but this is one of the lamest and cheapest way to expect to make money out of a game. Awful.

congratz.. welcome to multiplayers. thats the way you make money for keep up creating new content. 2017 and people still complain about it, lol. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, t1morino88eex said:

Holly hell, so this is the norm nowadays. I'll never again buy or touch anything Klei makes. I don't care that it's just a visual thing, but this is one of the lamest and cheapest way to expect to make money out of a game. Awful.

It's the most acceptable compromise between asking for money to pay the developers as their jobs and them providing playable content for free.

So long as they don't cross the aesthetic boundary then it should be quite fine in a multiplayer environment, should they not want to exclude people from participating together.

Note that this is different than a DLC for singleplayer, as the only one affected is the player of the game in SP.  Versus everyone playing in MP.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, t1morino88eex said:

It's a one-time payment for a cosmetic that is obtainable through other (albeit, more complicated) means. There won't be much of a difference in your play experience whether you pay or not.

Also, obligatory "why is it bad that companies make money from the products they provide to the public in some way without money they can't keep making content we like you get the idea its been said before jeez"

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, t1morino88eex said:

Ah yes because they can keep their team paid with a 15 dollar game that a huge majority of the playerbase got for free. 

• Like 12

Lol just lol so much content for both game I don't even know what to say ... I'm really excited about both news for DST and DS . I will surely get the DLC for DS also time to get back into SW :p .

I just have one question ... If there are not going to be DLC for DST will there be big updates like new biomes for the normal world (content that is not an event but here to stay/game changer) ???

Edited by 1v0
  • Like 1

The forge looks fun as heck, I can't wait to throw down the gauntlet in there. However I'm kinda upset that the forge wont affect much of the normal game... unless we can somehow take those badass weapons and armour (even the enemies) out of the forge somehow, then i'll be 200% down for that.

(people are gonna mod them out of there anyway :>)

• Like 5

It's an experiment, as the original post states. Seems like it might satisfy those players who have been demanding greater challenges, specifically bosses, while not overwhelming newcomers, but who knows yet? I will be buying the full skin set sight unseen out of appreciation for the way they've continued to add to the game(s). I might not love all of it, but I love that it just keeps coming!

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, t1morino88eex said:

I don't care that it's just a visual thing, but this is one of the lamest and cheapest way to expect to make money out of a game. Awful.

Hey, hey hey hey. I don't wanna start drama, but I think you may be misunderstanding the situation here. You can still get the skins as drops, free of charge! You just have the option to buy them instead if you can't wait for them.

1 hour ago, Bigfoot said:
  • In addition to the chance of receiving them as drops, players will have the option to purchase a single character’s Warrior Skin Set for $2.99, or the entire Warrior Skin Set collection for $12.99.
  • The nature of the skins themselves will not change, they are still purely cosmetic and optional. However, purchase of the Warrior Set will help us fund further content and events like this one.

[bolding and italicizing is mine] See? It's not like they're pay-only, technically you don't have to give Klei any money what-so-ever during this. It's just that they're a company, and companies unfortunately need to make money, so people have the option to help them out a little. I promise they're not withholding them from players without the money, you can read it right there. Don't panic. It's all chill. Again, not trying to start a fight, just trying to help out.

Edit: ninja'd by an entire page, thanks guys (not sarcastic, genuinely thankful)

Edited by Nebulaemon
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, t1morino88eex said:

Could you be stupid somewhere else?

1. The skins are cosmetic and thus provide no benefits.

2. Not everyone has time to participate in an event, which as far as cosmetics are concerned is a fair trade off.

3. Purchasing these skins is an OPTION- but it's an option that enables Klei to keep making things for Don't Starve (Together).

4. You can get these for free and they've provided a bonus method to make acquiring event items a lot easier should you choose to earn them.

They gave you a slurry of free content and updates and you're pitching a fit over skins when it's done in the fairest way possible while they remained incredibly upfront about the benefits they gain from purchase. Nothing about their current business practice is shady and they put a lot of time into their game. If you want shady DLC practice go look at Destiny 2.

Please don't let out your stupid until you form a coherent thought with good reasoning to back it up.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7