[Game Update] - Heart of the Ruins (BETA 207966)

• Developer
8 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

To add this new stuff to my old world do i need to go into the caves then restart the world?

If you are playing a locally hosted world (not a dedicated server) then simplest way is to: enter the world, exit back to the main menu, then go into the world again. Done. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Quick question: Does the Antlion drop anything when it dies? Or does it just stop it's rampage? Also, is the sandstorm still going after it's killed?

When AntLion dies he drops meat, desert stones and the Teleport Blueprint. Sandstorm still continues i just think he can no longer destroy the world. So this makes it less grindy and a tiny bit more challenging. Also the fight is fun and solable, and really easy with 2/3 people. 

I really like this new AntLion. Good Luck for you.

Edited by Glhrmzz
  • Like 8

@V2C and/or @ScottHansen, almost perfect so far. Nice things seem to come out from this update and I'm amazed you're still working on things. May I suggest that the antlion to have more of a dynamic fight? As in, it burrying into the ground, jumping in and out of the ground, perhaps using those crates as attacks on occasion as well? Simply because it seems like it needs to be dynamic, kind of like how Quacken moved around every now and then!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

@V2C and/or @ScottHansen, almost perfect so far. Nice things seem to come out from this update and I'm amazed you're still working on things. May I suggest that the antlion to have more of a dynamic fight? As in, it burrying into the ground, jumping in and out of the ground, perhaps using those crates as attacks on occasion as well? Simply because it seems like it needs to be dynamic, kind of like how Quacken moved around every now and then!

It'd be kind of cute and horrifying to see what the lower half would look like as it lunges out to jump.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, V2C said:

Antlion now accepts Cut Stones and Thermal Stones as tribute.  Make sure they’re not ice cold or burning hot though, unless of course you’re looking for a fight!

I guess feeding it hot thermal is a way to get those cool glass decorations (ice one gives sand decorations)?
There is one small problem tho. You can't heat up thermal stone during summer in DST.
klei plz

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Maslak said:

You can't heat up thermal stone during summer in DST.

3 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

You can use a fridge or ice Chester.

Sorry, I don't understand :S
You can cool down the stone using ice Chester, fridge or endothermic fire or even Northern Light or how was that thing called.
I said about heating up stone. To heat it up you can use fire, scaled furnace and so on. The problem is you can't do this in DST.

In winter stones can't get cold, in summer stones can't get hot. It's a buff to thermals, in DS they do and in fact they cool you quicker in winter and heat you quicker in summer, so they suck.

• Like 2

Just now, Maslak said:

Sorry, I don't understand :S
You can cool down the stone using ice Chester, fridge or endothermic fire or even Northern Light or how was that thing called.
I said about heating up stone. To heat it up you can use fire, scaled furnace and so on. The problem is you can't do this in DST.

In winter stones can't get cold, in summer stones can't get hot. It's a buff to thermals, in DS they do and in fact they cool you quicker in winter and heat you quicker in summer, so they suck.

Ah, my bad, still sleepy and utterly screwed up. You're most likely right, though I'd try going into the caves and using the scaled furnace. And I'm uncertain about no freezing of heatrocks in winter, because I swear I recall pictures of people needing to heat them up from blue after wandering too much. Either way apologies for the confusion.

As far as I know thermal stones can get only 'beneficial' temperatures in certain seasons, which means they can go from regular to warm and hot during winter and from regular to cold and icy during summer. But that may be not true since I don't use thermal stones and have this information from other players. Maybe they still can get 'non-beneficial' temeprature when heated/cooled up on purpouse. 
 I believe this mechanic was introduced to DST to make thermal stones viable. In DS experienced players use them only to heat up/cool down and leave them - you can have backpack full of stones at the fire pit, equip it, start overheating, drop it and put on insulation clothing. If you're not quick you will lose some hp, but not much. It can keep you warm for two days or even more. Same with cooling down.
 To make it clear - imagine summer in DS. You have eyebrella, chilled thermal stone and luxury fan. At some point you are about to start overheating, so you use luxury fan. You get cooled down, but your stone is still hot (!), so you will start overheating again in a matter of seconds. You either use only thermal stone + endofires/fridge or use insulation clothing + endofires/fans in DS.

Edited by Maslak
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Maslak said:

To make it clear - imagine summer in DS. You have eyebrella, chilled thermal stone and luxury fan. At some point you are about to start overheating, so you use luxury fan. You get cooled down, but your stone is still hot (!), so you will start overheating again in a matter of seconds. You either use only thermal stone + endofires/fridge or use insulation clothing + endofires/fans in DS.

This happens in DST, at least for Winter. Not tried in Summer. 

Damn this update , I just read most of this topic the update is pretty good ! Looks like we will get some answers  at the end of it ! :p

But the main reason I'm here are the sound files and there are alot of new ones ...to tell the truth at this point I feel like im going to spoil some stuff so I don't know if I should ...

But oh well here goes nothing ...

Spoilers ... don't read if you want to be surprised by what comes next ...

Spoiler

I'm not going to list all of them just the general ... you can go check the sounds yourself if you want to hear/see all of them
From the names of the new sound files =

There is a brrrd (fire and ice variations)  with a nest (it has nest/attack/run/flop/icecube) and alot more sounds - probably a new bird creature that changes from ICE to fire forms depending on something . .

The fumigator that had only a few sounds last update got a full treat now it has all the sounds needed for a proper creature .

The most interesting to me -
Alot of vines sounds like DST_vine_strike_pre DST_vine_strike DST_vine_expand DST_vine_extinguish DST_vine_idle DST_vine_mighty_idle DST_vine_mother_loop DST_vine_pick DST_water_vine_loop_4

Also thorn_bush_bloom_dst and thorn_bush_unbloom_dst
Now this will be interesting !!!

Thouse are just sound files with names that are still not used ingame and came out with this upadte . Apart from the names all other is only speculations .

I suppose those should be coming in this update when the update gets updateted (yea I know I said update alot)
So it won't be that far off .

Edited by 1v0
  • Like 3

@V2C You may want to look at this. Antilion ate a cold thermal stone and crashed the server. :S

Spoiler

[09:56:29]: [string "scripts/entityscript.lua"]:63: module 'stategraphs/SGAntlion_angry' not found:
    no file 'scripts/stategraphs/SGAntlion_angry.lua' (checked with custom loader)
    no file 'scriptlibs/stategraphs/SGAntlion_angry.lua' (checked with custom loader)
    no field package.preload['stategraphs/SGAntlion_angry']
    no file 'scripts\stategraphs/SGAntlion_angry.lua'
    no file 'scriptlibs\stategraphs/SGAntlion_angry.lua'
    no file 'scripts/stategraphs/SGAntlion_angry.lua'
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
=[C]:-1 in (global) require (C) <-1--1>
scripts/entityscript.lua:63 in (upvalue) LoadStateGraph (Lua) <60-72>
   name = SGAntlion_angry
scripts/entityscript.lua:835 in (method) SetStateGraph (Lua) <831-843>
   self (valid:true) =
      GUID = 182446
      inlimbo = false
      AnimState = AnimState (0x216bc6b8)
      Network = Network (0x1c2b89f0)
      pendingtasks = table: 0x22008ad8
      StartCombat = function - scripts/prefabs/antlion.lua:261
      sg = sg="antlion", state="fighttribute", time=1.30, tags = "nofreeze,busy,nosleep,"
      _isfighting = net_bool (0x24f05898)
      Transform = Transform (0x147f6700)
      actionreplica = table: 0x16165ab8
      event_listening = table: 0x1810bf28
      actioncomponents = table: 0x23f4f480
      lower_components_shadow = table: 0x16780298
      maxragetime = 2016
      HasRewardToGive = function - scripts/prefabs/antlion.lua:160
      entity = Entity (0x260a52f8)
      prefab = antlion
      StopCombat = function - scripts/prefabs/antlion.lua:329
      name = Antlion
      Physics = Physics (0xb1d7258)
      OnLoad = function - scripts/prefabs/antlion.lua:374
      MiniMapEntity = MiniMapEntity (0x1be89538)
      SoundEmitter = SoundEmitter (0x1b313470)
      GetRageLevel = function - scripts/prefabs/antlion.lua:170
      OnPreLoad = function - scripts/prefabs/antlion.lua:368
      GiveReward = function - scripts/prefabs/antlion.lua:164
      persists = true
      event_listeners = table: 0x187c0de8
      _playingmusic = false
      spawntime = 12378.167312238
      components = table: 0x161c6710
      replica = table: 0x1d9cd9d8
   name = SGAntlion_angry
scripts/prefabs/antlion.lua:290 in (method) StartCombat (Lua) <261-327>
   inst = 182446 - antlion (valid:true)
   target = 176814 - willow (valid:true)
   trigger = freeze
scripts/stategraphs/SGantlion.lua:337 in () ? (Lua) <334-338>
=(tail call):-1 in ()  (tail) <-1--1>
scripts/stategraph.lua:397 in (method) HandleEvents (Lua) <391-411>
   self =
      tags = table: 0x1def4798
      mem = table: 0x1ed43d68
      statemem = table: 0x1def4770
      currentstate = table: 0x109f2fb0
      timeinstate = 0.70000003650784
      sg = Stategraph : antlion
      bufferedevents = table: 0x10fb3e98
      lastupdatetime = 12594.167323504
      statestarttime = 12593.467323467
      laststate = table: 0x26546c98
      prevstate = table: 0x26546c98
   buff_events = table: 0x1def48e0
   k = 1
   event = table: 0x25cb86f8
scripts/stategraph.lua:145 in (method) Update (Lua) <109-148>
   self =
      updaters = table: 0x253ff9a0
      OnEnterNewState = function - scripts/stategraph.lua:27
      tickwaiters = table: 0xace05a0
      haveEvents = table: 0x253ff9c8
      hibernaters = table: 0xace05c8
      instances = table: 0xb0f6fb8
   current_tick = 377843
   waiters = table: 0x26131098
   updaters = table: 0x25cb84e8
   evs = table: 0x25cb8640
   k = sg="antlion", state="fighttribute", time=1.30, tags = "nofreeze,busy,nosleep,"
   v = true
scripts/update.lua:218 in () ? (Lua) <149-228>
   dt = 0.033333335071802
   tick = 377843
   i = 377843

[09:56:29]: [string "scripts/entityscript.lua"]:63: module 'stategraphs/SGAntlion_angry' not found:
    no file 'scriptlibs/stategraphs/SGAntlion_angry.lua' (checked with custom loader)
    no field package.preload['stategraphs/SGAntlion_angry']
    no file 'scripts\stategraphs/SGAntlion_angry.lua'
    no file 'scriptlibs\stategraphs/SGAntlion_angry.lua'
    no file 'scripts/stategraphs/SGAntlion_angry.lua'
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
    =[C]:-1 in (global) require (C) <-1--1>
    scripts/entityscript.lua:63 in (upvalue) LoadStateGraph (Lua) <60-72>
    scripts/entityscript.lua:835 in (method) SetStateGraph (Lua) <831-843>
    scripts/prefabs/antlion.lua:290 in (method) StartCombat (Lua) <261-327>
    scripts/stategraphs/SGantlion.lua:337 in () ? (Lua) <334-338>
    =(tail call):-1 in ()  (tail) <-1--1>
    scripts/stategraph.lua:397 in (method) HandleEvents (Lua) <391-411>
    scripts/stategraph.lua:145 in (method) Update (Lua) <109-148>
    scripts/update.lua:218 in () ? (Lua) <149-228>

[09:56:30]: CURL ERROR: () <url> malformed

Edited by cezarica

14 minutes ago, cezarica said:

@V2C You may want to look at this. Antilion ate a cold thermal stone and crashed the server. :S

Might be case-sensitivity for your OS.

data/scripts/prefabs/antlion.lua::

290: inst:SetStateGraph("SGAntlion_angry")

352: inst:SetStateGraph("SGAntlion")

Both 'A's should be 'a' to match file name.

52 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

Might be case-sensitivity for your OS.

data/scripts/prefabs/antlion.lua::

290: inst:SetStateGraph("SGAntlion_angry")

352: inst:SetStateGraph("SGAntlion")

Both 'A's should be 'a' to match file name.

Linux Mint 18.1 Serena.. it's weird cos I never had this problem in the past updates. Someone crashed it again.. :S

Edit: I did a forced update and validation and then looked inside steamapps/DST/data/scripts/stategraphs and there are no SGAntlion files. :S

Edited by cezarica

11 minutes ago, cezarica said:

Linux Mint 18.1 Serena.. it's weird cos I never had this problem in the past updates. Someone crashed it again.. :S

Edit: I did a forced update and validation and then looked inside steamapps/DST/data/scripts/stategraphs and there are no SGAntlion files. :S

The file names are 'SGantlion' and 'SGantlion_angry' but the code wants 'SGA...' stuff.

Hi. I entered my game and exited back to the menu and then entered again. The ruins wasn't completely reset though, the splumonkey pods, depth worms, and the ancient guardian are back, but no clockwerks, statues, and thulecite walls.

Just wondering if this is the same as using the console reset command? Note: The ancient guardian's large ornate chest from before the update was still there in the area where the new ancient guardian was.

Also, I tried jumping into all of the big tentacles in my caves and never got to the atrium area, is the atrium area only available if I use the ruins reset command for now?

As long as you're patching bugs, here's another one:  The last couple times I've logged on to a server, my most recently obtained skin has wound up re-boxed and had to be opened again.  This does not produce duplicates; believe me, I would notice if I had two shadow spider bodies.

I should probably mention that it's a self-hosted server.  Both times that it's happened, I recieved a new skin shortly afterward, but since I logged out & back in just now, it didn't happen.  Maybe it only happens when the player is eligible for a new skin?

Edited by TemporaryMan

• Developer
28 minutes ago, WiggyWolf said:

Hi. I entered my game and exited back to the menu and then entered again. The ruins wasn't completely reset though, the splumonkey pods, depth worms, and the ancient guardian are back, but no clockwerks, statues, and thulecite walls.

Just wondering if this is the same as using the console reset command? Note: The ancient guardian's large ornate chest from before the update was still there in the area where the new ancient guardian was.

Also, I tried jumping into all of the big tentacles in my caves and never got to the atrium area, is the atrium area only available if I use the ruins reset command for now?

The clockwork should be respawning, but if you killed them all before they will probably be not quite in the right place (they will respawn near Nightmare Lights). Statues and thulecite walls will not respawn.

They should only respawn when using the console command, but that said, i just fixed a bug that caused them to respawn every time the world loads... :? so.. that's why you ended up with everything respawning. 

• Like 2