V2C

[Game Update] - Heart of the Ruins Preview (BETA 206679)

Recommended Posts

Alarsin    843

Get ready for an OP raid boss that has to be summoned by killing another OP raid boss. Rly? Arent we gonna have to summon another OP raid boss using the beast's loot?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister_Fang    8,135
28 minutes ago, Alarsin said:

Get ready for an OP raid boss that has to be summoned by killing another OP raid boss. Rly? Arent we gonna have to summon another OP raid boss using the beast's loot?

Who says it's a raid boss? Remember how everyone thought the antlion was gonna be a raid boss?

Honestly though, it'll likely be another raid boss. I just hope that the atrium only needs to be obtained once. It's already a pain in the rear to get one as is, if it's lost by failing another difficult fight then then it's just gonna cause a lot of frustration. Especially in the early days of the update when people aren't sure how to fight it yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xedlord    1,170
5 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

...and whether it's guarding it from you...or YOU from IT. (ominous organ chord!)

As for Adventure Mode...I'm with you, Gigibyte, I'm one of the annoying people whom the other players wish would shut up who very much _does_ want Adventure Mode in Together at some point.  (And Shipwrecked!)  BUT, I never expected that from this update, frankly. 

Why?   It would be much more time-consuming and involved to do than one of the regular, smaller updates we've been getting--even this latest one.  Adventure Mode would take _months_ to fully, properly implement and be presaged by all kinds of evil puzzles, tossing the whole forum into a frenzy of rampant speculation.  AND, they couldn't give us just a hint of it without giving away the whole thing--it'd have to be BOOM, here's the whole thing in one major update, or nothing. 

But for now, Charlie's reign is still new, so let's give her a chance to _be_ queen properly for a while--before we forcibly try to "rescue" her from the throne and end up arguing with each other on the Nightmare Couch.  : P  It _could_ still happen.  Just...not right now.

...Notorious

Couldn't have said it better 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Electroely    3,128
12 hours ago, fimmatek said:

I noticed that too. I believe it has 7 roses (as it was expected) but two times, as this is the grand finale. 7 roses on both sides. Charlie must like symmetry, and it seems she is prepairing something extra kind this time. 

Or maybe this update will have 2 sides to it O_O

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FreyaMaluk    5,002

finally we get some use for the shadow atrium... I hope this update is gonna be more interesting than the last one... cuz the Antlion was pretty meh

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    60,967
32 minutes ago, 1v0 said:

I really hope they don't just leave DST hanging , by far this is Klei more famous title (as far as I know)  ... and there are still alot of things that can be added to it .

I hope Kevin does new posts about the timeline too. There seems to be some questions left in the timeline he listed already.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowDuelist    4,242
10 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Antlion was pretty meh

I agree, the antlion and his babysitting mechanic was to my point of view the less appealing and only real annoying thing I believe was added with the updates.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyJam    1,302
1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I agree, the antlion and his babysitting mechanic was to my point of view the less appealing and only real annoying thing I believe was added with the updates.

SHE the Antloin is a she! Did you just assume her gender? Only joking :) hehe

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister_Fang    8,135
1 hour ago, JimmyJam said:

SHE the Antloin is a she! Did you just assume her gender? Only joking :) hehe

Well, it does have a mane. And just because Wigfrid calls it a "lioness" doesn't really mean it's fact. She could be the one assuming the Antlion's gender. I mean Wigfrid is a little delusional after all. Can't really trust anything she says is fact.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donke60    3,084
3 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Well, it does have a mane. And just because Wigfrid calls it a "lioness" doesn't really mean it's fact. She could be the one assuming the Antlion's gender. I mean Wigfrid is a little delusional after all. Can't really trust anything she says is fact.

Are you saying that my battle screams as I hit my neighbors for being evil and dream a warriors death because wigfrid told me was a lie? :(

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyJam    1,302
31 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Well, it does have a mane. And just because Wigfrid calls it a "lioness" doesn't really mean it's fact. She could be the one assuming the Antlion's gender. I mean Wigfrid is a little delusional after all. Can't really trust anything she says is fact.

Im pretty sure some of the others say she is a girl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FreyaMaluk    5,002
16 hours ago, 1v0 said:

I really hope they don't just leave DST hanging , by far this is Klei more famous title (as far as I know)  ... and there are still alot of things that can be added to it .

I think RoG is by far the most well known Klei's title..

and to be honest with all of you.. I really don't care if the antlion is female or male... it won't change the matter that this new game asset was a complete disappointment to me.

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Electroely    3,128

In a new patch shortly after my video Wigfrid calls the Antlion a "lion" and says "We've incurred it's wrath!" So the whole gender assumption thing is gone >.>

 

Also, klei, I think Wigfrid still says "We pay tribute this day, ö great liöness!"

Edited by Electroely
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1v0    837
31 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I think RoG is by far the most well known Klei's title..

and to be honest with all of you.. I really don't care if the antlion is female or male... it won't change the matter that this new game asset was a complete disappointment to me.

I don't care about the gender at all too when I started with gaming that didn't matter if there are no males or females in a game no one made a big deal out of it , if there were males and females no one cared about it ... so I really don't get all this gender stuff that has been happening lately everywhere in every game ... but that's for another topic ...

The antlion well I hoped that it will be like world wide strom and you will actually need the glasses to see (make your suvival easier) and it comes and goes from time to time not non-stop ... but oh well its only in one desert if you don't go there no big deal - the sink  holes might happen while you are out of the camp and you will lose nothing (not to mention if you are just in caves like I do every summer) the teleporter is nice thou that's the only reason to battle the sand storm but apart from that .... meh ... and when the oasis is very often at the start of the desert (small desert in a huge world (not large I aways play on huge map) the storm is meh ... so I get the disappointment ... But I have to admit that summer is now better than before it's still not worth it staying surface all summer but maybe for some days just to get the teleporter , yea . It just need something more to it ... and not only 1-2 mobs ... more than that ...

Just take for example winter this season is even better not only you have to go to the walruses for walking cane / defend base from deerclops now you also need to search for the deers if you want to have the keys for claus . Best season so far (for me) . I aways play with winter set to long - more time to do everything

Edited by 1v0
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brbrmensch    710
2 hours ago, Deadbyte said:

I hope they update disease. It's killing my berry bushes softly and they are non renewable.

i thought the point of disease is replanting regrown in their homeplace plants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donke60    3,084
10 hours ago, 1v0 said:

I don't care about the gender at all too when I started with gaming that didn't matter if there are no males or females in a game no one made a big deal out of it , if there were males and females no one cared about it ... so I really don't get all this gender stuff that has been happening lately everywhere in every game

But the artists need to know what genitals to put on the antiloin for r34

Spoiler

Well they are going to put whatever they want on it so I guess it really doesn't matter

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now