[Game Update] - Heart of the Ruins Preview (BETA 206679)

2 minutes ago, Battal said:

It's that thing next to the skull in the poster.

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

(in color, the New reign thread is gone so yeah)

I wanted the way it looks in the game. Sorry for not specifying since I do like the poster's look but this is just for a piece I'm doing. :wilson_dorky:

Thanks @Zeklo, my mind was thinking that there was red to the design for some reason. Now I have a better idea with my piece.

Edited by minespatch

Clean pic -

J8q4qLO.png

Anyway, observations:

• While remarkably similar to the Odd Skeleton the "bones" appear to be more rock-like
  • The horns are in fact different, perhaps curved as a side-effect to the shadow atrium
  • The chest area has a faint purple glow, presumably where the shadow atrium will lie
  • The main body is "shadow", shadows are important
  • The shadow hands on the poster have three fingers, unlike normal shadow hands, and in correlation to the creature's three fingered hands

I'd pick at it more but I need sleep. I'm starting to see more shadows than there really are o-o

Edited by Zeklo
  • Like 12

22 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Everytime I hear Ludwig's theme I remember how much I NEED a PS4 sometime, to actually play Bloodborne.

I got to play a bit at my sister's house since she and her hubby own both. It's a delightful challenge! 

Don't Starve and Bloodborne do fall into the Lovecraftian horror (Bloodborne is more of a love letter) genre.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

I got to play a bit at my sister's house since she and her hubby own both. It's a delightful challenge! 

Don't Starve and Bloodborne do fall into the Lovecraftian horror (Bloodborne is more of a love letter) genre.  

I got a more gothic witch hunt vibe from the game but the bosses and the influnce stat could be lovecraftian I wouldn't hold my breath though

cause then i'll die

22 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

I got a more gothic witch hunt vibe from the game but the bosses and the influnce stat could be lovecraftian I wouldn't hold my breath though

cause then i'll die

Oh trust me, the further you go the more cosmic horror you get.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, V2C said:

Hey guys, this is our final preview poster for A New Reign Beta updates, Heart of the Ruins!  Some of the changes in this update are quite extensive, such as additions to Caves generation, so it may require a little more time for us to complete.  Don't worry, there will still be an update next week!  But you may notice parts of the new content will appear to be "under construction", and we will continue to patch them in as soon as they are ready, rather than waiting for another three weeks.

I'm really happy to hear this. Tbh the last update didnt got me to excited, but this one is all i've been wanting. I was long wanting for huge cave and specially RUINS content. It will be a hard 7 days to wait for this, but it will allow us to do preparations for it. It's time to polish the weapons, gather armor, collect more hearts... It will be Ruins Time!

Bring it on Klei... Bring it ON!

Edited by Glhrmzz
  • Like 9