[Game Update] - Year of the Gobbler Preview (BETA 202894)

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

Are beefalo supposed to be squished up like that?

@Youknowwho tamed a beefalo named Harry. Shortly afterwards, a baby beefalo showed up and thus Harry began flaunting her marvellous femininity. As domesticated beefalos change their appearance, this is what happened. You see Harry and Wilson, with You following.

6 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

Well the front one seems happy enough.

Given the thing burns through hundreds of twigs and grass, forcing us to gather daily, I bet it is the case.

2 hours ago, Cookiemies said:

Am i the only one wondering this... WHY IS THERE A SLEEPING HOUND????

This is Wuffles.

2 hours ago, bubben16 said:

I believe there is a mod that allows you to have different creatures as pets, including hounds. 

Specifically Freki. Weaker than Abigail, requires feeding, is hard to acquire (we always use the hardest recipe setting) and easy to farm nightmare fuel from as every death of the dog deals 100 sanity damage. But hey, Wuffles is there for roleplaying reasons and POOPS!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cookiemies said:

Am i the only one wondering this... WHY IS THERE A SLEEPING HOUND????

Despite the picture using a mod to have a pet hound, you can technically have ice/fire hounds as decor should you find the staff set piece with them in it.

You just need to spend time pushing them to their destination while you slowly lose your sanity in both the game and in life.

Just don't touch that staff~

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mochilo said:

I'm sorry if I switched "its" gender, elfs have always been quite androgynous anyway :)

Elfeminate puns, eh? I was alluding to age, whatever. He's clearly destined to be the most magnificent failure. Regardless I shall ensure this doesn't derail the thread. I've got an actual question: is there any limit on the length of the lucky beast dance chain? In other words can the users of my 22 slots all dance together?

There is also a legit, mod-free way to get hound pet(s). Well, more like forever sleeping hounds for decoration, but still. Remember that Ice/Fire Staff trap? As long as you don't pick up the staff the hounds will stay asleep. But some mobs like pigs or bunnymen can ruin it by attacking those hounds and waking them up, so watch out! Sleeping hounds will still drain your sanity, so you can use it to your advantage, too. You can even push one of the hounds away from staff to your base, but I'm not sure on this one.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2017 at 10:15 PM, Instant-Noodles said:

Giblet (Idle / Distress / Eat / Sleep / Walk) - Adopt: With 1 Feather Hat & 1 Trail Mix

Reveal hidden contents

critter_perdling_builder.png perdling.gif perdling_distress.gif perdling_eat.gif perdling_sleep.gif perdling_walk.gif

Gobbler Shrine - Cost: 8 Gold Nuggets & 2 Boards to Build (Give Berry Bush to enable crafting)

Reveal hidden contents

perdshrine.png perdshrine.gif perdshrine_place.gif

Lucky Beast Head - Cost: 8 Lucky Gold Nuggets at Gobbler Shrine

Reveal hidden contents

dragonheadhat.png dragonheadhat.gif

Lucky Beast Body - Cost: 8 Lucky Gold Nuggets at Gobbler Shrine

Reveal hidden contents

dragonbodyhat.png dragonbodyhat.gif

Lucky Beast Tail - Cost: 8 Lucky Gold Nuggets at Gobbler Shrine

Reveal hidden contents

dragontailhat.png dragontailhat.gif

Red Lantern - Cost: 3 Lucky Gold Nuggets at Gobbler Shrine

Reveal hidden contents

redlantern.png redlantern_lit.png redlantern.gif

Red Firecrackers - Cost: 1 Lucky Gold Nugget at Gobbler Shrine

Reveal hidden contents

firecrackers.png firecrackers_burn.gif firecrackers_spin.gif firecrackers_spin2.gif firecrackers_spin3.gif

Lucky Fan - Cost: 3 Lucky Gold Nuggets at Gobbler Shrine

Reveal hidden contents

perdfan.png perdfan.gif

Lucky Gold Nugget

Reveal hidden contents

lucky_goldnugget.png luckygoldnugget.gif

Red Pouch - Contains 1 Lucky Gold Nugget

Reveal hidden contents

redpouch.png redpouch.gif redpouch_unwrap.gif

EDIT:  

Sure thing, here's Wilson dancing!

Reveal hidden contents

wilson_hatdance.gif wilson_hatdance2.gif

Once again @Instant-Noodles does it again, he is truly, THE Data Miner.

• Like 4

On 1/14/2017 at 6:33 PM, JellyUltra said:

0GocIRd.png

Now that we know Gobblers drop lucky nuggets when they eat berries, I made a little farm concept specifically for that

You open the front gate, drop a berry inside, close it, open the Gobbler gate so it eats the berry, then shut it when the Gobbler goes back into their cage because of the shrine attracting them, repeat for each Gobbler once a day for one lucky nugget each. If you want to be efficient you can fill up all the cages with berries at dusk and keep the Gobbler gates open so they'll eat as soon as it's morning.

Wooden walls are for aesthetic reasons, any kind of walls can be used.

(there's probably a better way to make a farm like this but this is what I came up with after 15 minutes)

This is amazing!! A really creative idea.

• Like 1