[Game Update] - Year of the Gobbler Preview (BETA 202894)

2 hours ago, 1v0 said:

Antlion_sandstorm_d2 , antlion_attack_pre1 , antlion_sandblock_v2_1 , antlion_sand_spike_1 , ground_break_A_1 (not sure if this is new but it must be) , sand_short_pre_1

Wait, they will finally release some exclusive content for summer? I mean we have desert, summer, hot as hell. It fits just right. I really hope so because for now the only exlusive thing that you can get during summer is cactus flower. Compare summer and winter content anyway and you will know why my hopes are so high.

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Battal said:

What song is this?

Look into

Spoiler

Don't Starve Together\data\sound\together.fsb     File there are the sounds .

Also I think there are some other sounds that i haven't listed just because im not sure if they are actually new or old ... fumeagator_chomp_A_dst_1 and fumeagator_snort_dst_1

On a side note I hope the sandstorm is like a world mechanic not just a mob attack ... but from the name of it , it will be a mob attack ....

Edited by 1v0
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Erec said:

Wait, they will finally release some exclusive content for summer? I mean we have desert, summer, hot as hell. It fits just right. I really hope so because for now the only exlusive thing that you can get during summer is cactus flower. Compare summer and winter content anyway and you will know why my hopes are so high.

I don't know they are just sounds that are in the files ... We can only speculate (and hope) from the name .

4 hours ago, 1v0 said:

By the way there are some sounds for a creature that is not yet ingame (I suppose it will be out soon enough) .
I'm not going to list them all but the names are like -

Hide contents

Antlion_sandstorm_d2 , antlion_attack_pre1 , antlion_sandblock_v2_1 , antlion_sand_spike_1 , ground_break_A_1 (not sure if this is new but it must be) , sand_short_pre_1

There might be more that I haven't noticed ... Having said that I will wait for this to be Ingame too ...... Can't find the sense to play now only for festival stuff . (cosmetic stuff)

I kinda hope that this will end up as the new summer boss that isn't a raid boss, but that might be wishful thinking.

I really hoped to see some mention of the Slipstor, but alas.

Spoiler

• Like 2

Wow, just now I noticed the menu music got new instruments to fit the new event. I'm....kinda......s-slow

I'm really getting confused with what is counting on ANR and what is now. It's been a while since I saw those fancy posters teasing the update, so that means the Update 7 and 8 either got lower on priority or devs are planning something big enough to take 2 months(And counting) to release. Right, guys?...RiGhT? 

Anxiety Intensifies

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spiderdian said:

Wow, just now I noticed the menu music got new instruments to fit the new event. I'm....kinda......s-slow

I'm really getting confused with what is counting on ANR and what is now. It's been a while since I saw those fancy posters teasing the update, so that means the Update 7 and 8 either got lower on priority or devs are planning something big enough to take 2 months(And counting) to release. Right, guys?...RiGhT? 

Anxiety Intensifies

To be fair, the devs were on a vacation at the end/beginning of the year so it'd make sense if it'd take a bit longer for them to release more content

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, baleyine said:

Wow, super excited about it ! Just a quick question, is it normal that my sweet-tamed beeffalo went ' natural ' again ? like he is not tammed at all anymore ( and last time i checked he was perfectly tamed ) any hint ?

Yeah it happens if you don't keep them happy with salt licks or by riding or feeding them.

Edited by Michi01

2 hours ago, 1v0 said:

Look into

Reveal hidden contents

Don't Starve Together\data\sound\together.fsb     File there are the sounds .

Also I think there are some other sounds that i haven't listed just because im not sure if they are actually new or old ... fumeagator_chomp_A_dst_1 and fumeagator_snort_dst_1

On a side note I hope the sandstorm is like a world mechanic not just a mob attack ... but from the name of it , it will be a mob attack ....

"Fumeagator"

A Pun? A Play on "Fumigation" and "Fume" + "Alligator"?

Methinks could be a new boss?

That level of punage is usually reserved for major enemies and bosses.

Edited by BOSSzombie
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, NathanielJ said:

I was testing it out and it looks like the Red Lantern loses 5 percent durability per day. Which would mean it lasts 20 days; the length of the longest season. Very useful.

Useful? This is flat-out broken. You could get 5 just by spending some time in the Gobbler farm I posted, enough to last you 100 days. Did they just throw this into the game without thinking?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

Useful? This is flat-out broken. You could get 5 just by spending some time in the Gobbler farm I posted, enough to last you 100 days. Did they just throw this into the game without thinking?

This is a preview update in the beta branch...

Edited by Zeklo
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

And I'm giving them feedback, which is the point of the beta branch.

Then maybe I should've just quoted this last part. 

7 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

Did they just throw this into the game without thinking?

The answer is no. This is the beta branch.

Edited by Zeklo
Ninja'd

2 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Yeah but no need to say things like "throw without thinking" for a feedback i think...

I was just saying how I honestly feel about the item, it's a 20 day lantern, and all you have to do is beat up some Gobblers for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1v0 said:

I don't know they are just sounds that are in the files ... We can only speculate (and hope) from the name .

It was a darude sandstorm joke though, or is it not

Edited by Ezaroth
  • Like 1