[Game Update] - Year of the Gobbler Preview (BETA 202894)

• Developer

Welcome to Year of the Gobbler Beta update!

This is a sneak preview of the upcoming special event content before the full update and key features are announced and released to the Live branch.  Stay tuned for more information next week, and a special thanks to everyone participating in the Beta branch testing and bug reporting!

Changes

• Improved UI font to include a wider set of Latin characters for translation mods.

View full update

• Like 26

8 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Did something happen to the main menu music? It's so quiet and I haven't touched my sound settings.

It sounds different. Certain sections now have something that sounds akin to a harp playing, as well what sounds like a gong being hit in the background.

• Like 1

Giblet (Idle / Distress / Eat / Sleep / Walk) - Adopt: With 1 Feather Hat & 1 Trail Mix

Spoiler

critter_perdling_builder.png perdling.gif perdling_distress.gif perdling_eat.gif perdling_sleep.gif perdling_walk.gif

Gobbler Shrine - Cost: 8 Gold Nuggets & 2 Boards to Build (Give Berry Bush to enable crafting)

Spoiler

perdshrine.png perdshrine.gif perdshrine_place.gif

Lucky Beast Head - Cost: 8 Lucky Gold Nuggets at Gobbler Shrine

Spoiler

dragonheadhat.png dragonheadhat.gif

Lucky Beast Body - Cost: 8 Lucky Gold Nuggets at Gobbler Shrine

Spoiler

dragonbodyhat.png dragonbodyhat.gif

Lucky Beast Tail - Cost: 8 Lucky Gold Nuggets at Gobbler Shrine

Spoiler

dragontailhat.png dragontailhat.gif

Red Lantern - Cost: 3 Lucky Gold Nuggets at Gobbler Shrine

Spoiler

redlantern.png redlantern_lit.png redlantern.gif

Red Firecrackers - Cost: 1 Lucky Gold Nugget at Gobbler Shrine

Spoiler

firecrackers.png firecrackers_burn.gif firecrackers_spin.gif firecrackers_spin2.gif firecrackers_spin3.gif

Lucky Fan - Cost: 3 Lucky Gold Nuggets at Gobbler Shrine

Spoiler

perdfan.png perdfan.gif

Lucky Gold Nugget

Spoiler

lucky_goldnugget.png luckygoldnugget.gif

Red Pouch - Contains 1 Lucky Gold Nugget

Spoiler

redpouch.png redpouch.gif redpouch_unwrap.gif

EDIT:  

3 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

@Instant-Noodles Could you get an animation of the new dance for the player character?

Sure thing, here's Wilson dancing!

Spoiler

wilson_hatdance.gif wilson_hatdance2.gif

Edited by Instant-Noodles
  • Like 28

@Instant-Noodles Could you get an animation of the new dance for the player character?

It's played when you have on one of the special costumes from the perd worshipper.

@V2C

redlantern.lua

local function turnon(inst)
    if not inst.components.fueled:IsEmpty() then
        if inst.components.fueled ~= nil then -- It has to be true, else the prior line would have caused a server error!
            inst.components.fueled:StartConsuming()
        end

Edited by CarlZalph
  • Like 1

I'm sure I'm not the only one with enough hatred of these birds in my heart to be completely unmoved by their "cuteness."  They don't even look cute to me; all I see is a sworn enemy that escaped justice too many times.

How ironic, then, that the shrine will set things right at last.  Oh yes it will.

• Like 14

The Red Lantern needs a nerf, it has waaay too much durability. Especially since Gobblers (and, by extension, Lucky Gold Nuggets) can be farmed really easily just by putting the Gobbler Shrine + a Powder Cake surrounded by walls in the center of some berry bushes and picking them during the day, so you'll never run out and can just keep crafting more.

Edited by JellyUltra