Klei DST skin spam

Klei be like:

We used to make games, now we make money!

Why?

DST skin spam is simply insane, there is a skin for almost everything, form heads, clothes to pets furniture and what not.

Some of them even have 50 euro price tags on the market and people are paying, so curretnly Klei is amking more money from market provisons than from the game itself.

More skins coming soon.

Stay Tuned Folks.

20 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

//slowly stares at Hot Lava and Oxygen Not Included.

Anyway, I don't know, you see, who are put the 50 euro price tags are the people playing, those that are buying are the people playing, Klei is not telling anyone to put that price or to buy it, it is being done all by people themselves. All Klei is doing is adding skins which you optionally can buy or not, you don't even need to use your credit card or anything, if you want to, you can just every week get 4 drops, sell them until you get enough money.

I think rather than "Klei DST skin spam" it is more like "DST players blowing their money because they want"

9 minutes ago, Kittydub said:

Another one of these complain topics about the skins? I love skins.You don't want skins, you don't get skins. Seriously. They are working hard on lots of stuff right now, at least inform yourself before complaining. 

Working hard on other skinnable objects to add to DST, that is not making the game any way better.

2 new bosses and 50 new skins, way to go.

Not to mention poor DS that was left behind, and don't gets any of new stuff, and not everything in DST is so multiplayer centered to not add it to DS.

But who cares about DS, its just some leftover anyway.

13 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

How about you go and actually count all the new assets added in ANR? I'm sure all the new art assets in ANR greatly outweigh all the new skins we've gotten recently. And there's a heck of a lot more then just 2 bosses in ANR. You're just cherry picking things to try and make a point instead of looking at everything as a whole.

Klei is clearly NOT putting all their time and effort into skins. Why do people keep thinking this? Klei has ANR for DST, Hot Lava and Oxygen Not Included all in development at the same time. And yet people complain when a handful of new skins get released in DST. Why? Seriously, I want to know why.

1 hour ago, _Q_ said:

Klei be like:

Why?

DST skin spam is simply insane, there is a skin for almost everything, form heads, clothes to pets furniture and what not.

Some of them even have 50 euro price tags on the market and people are paying, so curretnly Klei is amking more money from market provisons than from the game itself.

More skins coming soon.

Stay Tuned Folks.

55 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

Working hard on other skinnable objects to add to DST, that is not making the game any way better.

Not to mention poor DS that was left behind, and don't gets any of new stuff, and not everything in DST is so multiplayer centered to not add it to DS.

Are you sure you wanna defend yourself with these erroneous arguments?

There's literally a list for everything added in ANR, not just "2 bosses and 50 new skins"(Which is also technically wrong, since all Level 3 shadow pieces count as bosses).

I would say more but @halfrose did the dirty job of explaining the obvious

Now seriously, Every month, each company launches new car model that makes the previous outdated, even if it's just a little tweak in the front lights. Every year, Apple launches a new Iphone 1000 that outdates the Iphone 999. Every now and them we're seeing news about a new stupid console that "plays in 4k, 60fps", "runs better than before".

In neither of these occasions, I've seem people complain more than in the one about the simple fact that the first Don't Starve is pretty much done for. Heck, there was a spare time of almost 2 years between DS and DST, and the simple fact it survived this long as a Single Player game is amazing, and it still got another DLC at the end.

Getting to the point. You have both a COMPLETE and rather nostalgic experience and an ongoing and fresh one stored inside of your heart(or the steam library). Of course an update would be great. But you cant expect devs are going to take the time they planned to put on Oxygen Not Included, Hot Lava and yet DST just to please the minor part of the fans that cannot move on.

I kinda understand where you're coming from, but progress is a thing, regardless of how painful it seems to be.

Disculpas por mi mal español, señor.

43 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

DS does get updates, there were quite a lot bug fixes and patches in the last month. DST gets at the moment greater attention, because designing,  implementing and testing (and then fixing...) new stuff requires a lot of time and concentration. But DS is not just a leftover.

Actually I can understand why someone feels "skins are useless, they change the game in no way", however, I think they are quite funny and nice to have.

And (as already mentioned before), Klei makes ANR for free. They must have some kind of incomes, right? Or would you work for a half year for free?

Here's the thing pal...

What is the art team gonna do?

Sure they make bosses and sitch but what after that? They can't just make the art for the new updates. They make skins. 

Next time you plan to hate on something...

Think about who makes it.

How it's made.

And why it's made.

Everything has a reason.

I don't see the problem with them. Gives the art team something to do in their free time(or in their slammed time and the magical man of whoever-the-heck-runs-klei-i-dont-know-anymore commands them to doodle up more tan skirts against their small canadian wills) and generates extra cash bling for the company we all know and love over here. I'm pretty sure there's very few forumers who joined the forum just because they hate Klei, so why exactly are you complaining about them getting money while they are still clearly putting work into lots of things? Let's not forget about SW along with ANR, Hot Lava, ONI and of course the base game of together itself before ANR, they're still doing things, albeit they aren't crotch-chopping out new games every 14 minutes but do you want Klei to become another CoD? I didn't think so.

44 minutes ago, MrDeepDarkmind said:

But how is klei making money off skins, if all these skins are trade ups or drops

Both the trade inn and drops are all luck based, so that's where the steam market comes into play. You can cut out the RNG if you're willing to spend a bit for someone else's good fortune. Steam and Klei both get a small cut out of each skin sold on the market.

4 hours ago, VarsoZergy said:

5*  the shadow pieces are bosses

The way I see it, all 3 of the shadow chess pieces are 1 boss when together. You don't get the actual reward for fighting them unless you've killed all 3. I actually forget about them sometimes. They clearly didn't get the same attention they needed like the toadstool and the bee queen did. And there's still not much of a reason to go after them unless you like a fancy decoration laying on the ground (More nightmare fuel would be nice at the very least. Please Klei? I could see this being a new method to get a lot of fuel at once every new moon).

Is it just me, or do I almost always go on a mini rant whenever the shadow chess pieces are mentioned?

6 hours ago, _Q_ said:

Who cares? Atleast it's giving the artists something to do while other things are being prepared.

8 hours ago, _Q_ said:

Other than the arguments everyone already made, DS is not leftover. It's the previous game. DST is a sequel. It's natural in the industry that once a game gets a sequel, the original may get updated a couple of times with new content, but will usually just get bugfixes until it won't even get that. 

4 hours ago, Weirdobob said:

I don't see the problem with them. Gives the art team something to do in their free time(or in their slammed time and the magical man of whoever-the-heck-runs-klei-i-dont-know-anymore commands them to doodle up more tan skirts against their small canadian wills) and generates extra cash bling for the company we all know and love over here. I'm pretty sure there's very few forumers who joined the forum just because they hate Klei, so why exactly are you complaining about them getting money while they are still clearly putting work into lots of things? Let's not forget about SW along with ANR, Hot Lava, ONI and of course the base game of together itself before ANR, they're still doing things, albeit they aren't crotch-chopping out new games every 14 minutes but do you want Klei to become another CoD? I didn't think so.

SW was a capy project though.

6 hours ago, Weirdobob said:

I'm pretty sure there's very few forumers who joined the forum just because they hate Klei

There is people that hates Klei?

That made my potato cup cry...

(On my lenguage sometimes we comically refer to the heart as potato,thats the joke)

Archived