Klei DST skin spam

8 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

As I understand, Don't Starve was never meant to have multiplayer to begin with. Later on, Klei started working on Don't Starve Together, due to popular demand (and why not, since Don't Starve had gained popularity). Don't Starve Together turned out very good, atleast if you ask me. However, I understand some of the more frequent technical concerns here on the forum.

The problem with trying to implement a multiplayer mode in Don't Starve, way after it was released, is that it would have certainly resulted in a very unpolished experience for the original game. As mentioned, multiplayer was never planned from the beginning.

I think that the system with skins is working well. We're still getting a good amount of content for the initial price of the game (make a timeline of all the patched and their content which has been released). If we want to buy optional skins it only serves as an incitament for further development. I would hardly say that the main focus has shifted to creating skins. We all know that more content is incoming.

I think what @_Q_ is saying here is that there was no reason to release DST as a standalone game. Rather, when it was completed it would have made more sense to add it to the then current version of DS, thus making 1 game with both MP and SP modes.

It would have definitely made more sense because now if you want to play both MP and SP you have to buy 2 games, instead of just being able to buy 1 game with the option to play MP+SP. Think about Minecraft, it has the option to play online MP, but also the option to play solo. It works out better because nobody wants basically 2 versions of the same game with only 1 small functionality change.

I don't know if there was a technical reason for Klei to separate the games, but I wish they would have been able to add the MP option to DS rather than separate the games.

46 minutes ago, Ashkain said:

Define "Proper SP mode". You can literally play DST on your own without logging in. It even disables those god forsaken skins you hate so much!

The only multiplayer exclusive change i can think of are the monster health changes and teleportato. Which are both fixed with mods! And you don't care about SW since you said the new DST content has more value than them, so whats the harm?

Oh but you surely aint talking about "Adventure mode", that doesn't even use caves and wont use any DST content.

The world is changed, and the food is everywhere, new berry bushes are way to OP for solo play, and bosses are way to hard to kill solo, I think world will reset if you die and don't get to the touchstone in time.

So there are some changes that would need to be eliminated first.

4 minutes ago, VictiM said:

I don't know if there was a technical reason for Klei to separate the games, but I wish they would have been able to add the MP option to DS rather than separate the games.

They had to rewrite a lot of the code to adapt the game to multiplayer, so it was basically rebuilded from the ground up.

5 minutes ago, Mudley said:

They had to rewrite a lot of the code to adapt the game to multiplayer, so it was basically rebuilded from the ground up.

And they could just add SP mode on top of it and remove DS afterwards, since DST is improved version of DS in many aspects, also technical wise. And its nothing strange for games to have MP and SP modes at the same time. Adding SP mode to DST is just a matter of loading different config file with values for HP of bosses and item stats and so on, but we stick to the 2 games for no good reason. Even more we move every version of the same game in the different direction.

2 hours ago, _Q_ said:

The world is changed, and the food is everywhere, new berry bushes are way to OP for solo play, and bosses are way to hard to kill solo, I think world will reset if you die and don't get to the touchstone in time.

So there are some changes that would need to be eliminated first.

You can change all of those in world settings. And boss HP with mods.

3 hours ago, _Q_ said:

And they could just add SP mode on top of it and remove DS afterwards, since DST is improved version of DS in many aspects, also technical wise. And its nothing strange for games to have MP and SP modes at the same time. Adding SP mode to DST is just a matter of loading different config file with values for HP of bosses and item stats and so on, but we stick to the 2 games for no good reason. Even more we move every version of the same game in the different direction.

No, because then it would be over-engineered with useless network inter-process communication and client/server architecture that add complications, waste resources, and serve no purpose in a single-player game.

5 hours ago, _Q_ said:

Its sold for people that didn't own DS at the time, you can buy just DST or DS.

Case 1) Already own DS before the release of DST: You get a free copy from klei.

Case 2) You dont own DS before the release of DST: You get to buy the game if you so desired.

Can't see how either case can be describe as:

How to turn your players away? Make 2 versions of the same game, and then start selling both of them.

Because in case 1, they never sell you the so called "2nd version of the same game". And while in case 2, since you dont own DS the first place, you aren't really "klei's players" to begin with. 

We have 2 versions of the same game, one old and outdated and the other that is updated with new things but overtaken by cosmetic crap spam.

DS and DST are two different games. You won't call The Sim 1 2 3 and 4 the same games but the first 3 of The Sims game are outdated and all those game has been overtaken by cosmetic crap spam, don't you?

I also wana point out that, even if they bundle up DST and DS together, we will still have "2 versions of the same game".

The reason is simple: Balance.

Take the old bell for example. Lets say DST and DS is now bundled together. Now, how are you gona treat old bell? If you aren't gona remove if from the game, then it is too OP in multiplayer. If you keep it in single player mode, but remove it in multiplayer mode, then effectively you still have the same old so called "2 versions of the same game" issue happening here.

13 hours ago, Ashkain said:

You can change all of those in world settings. And boss HP with mods.

Or adjust to it. that really good player which i can never remember the name of but also solo-es dst bosses in fun to watch ways, uploaded a bee queen speedrun solo a few days ago. So yes, not going Wolfgang means it takes longer. The method(which mind you isn't too hard, but also isn't dirt cheap) is reliable. Solo-ing toadstool is harder than 2 or more players on him, but again, not impossible or that ludicrous. Solo-ing dragonfly is also about as rough as fighting her with a friend(Which isn't rough. Her fight is basically tanking on both sides, only one of you gets to heal and prepare so it's obvious who's the winner).

16 hours ago, _Q_ said:

There actually is a good reason for DS and DST being different games. Lore. Sure. It doesn't look right in the steam library but they made it separate for the sake of expanding upon the story.

Also.

Don't Starve To-Get-Her

14 minutes ago, Mikeadatrix said:

There actually is a good reason for DS and DST being different games. Lore. Sure. It doesn't look right in the steam library but they made it separate for the sake of expanding upon the story.

Also.

Don't Starve To-Get-Her

End with this lore crap already, there is no lore whatsoever in this game, everything is outside of it on forums in puzzles and one video that includes only Wilson, and Maxwell, other characters don't even exist in it.

This game has no lore or story.

2 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

End with this lore crap already, there is no lore whatsoever in this game, everything is outside of it on forums in puzzles and one video that includes only Wilson, and Maxwell, other characters don't even exist in it.

are you ok

pretty sure this is ****posting. wait has he been ****posting the enitre time? oooooo

Just now, Ashkain said:

are you ok

pretty sure this is ****posting. wait has he been ****posting the enitre time? oooooo

Pretty sure you just tell yourself the whole story from puzzles and then think its in the game, while there is no story whatsoever.

Its just game of randomness like terraria, you get dropped into the world and your task is to survive, the whole forum meltdown over some crappy bits of story about charlie is just funny.

There is no story for 99% of the players of this game, the only ones that know a bit more about Willson are the forum users, for the people that didn't take part in puzzles and upadtes there is no story or lore, cause there is nothing in game.

Deal with it.

1 minute ago, _Q_ said:

Pretty sure you just tell yourself the whole story from puzzles and then think its in the game, while there is no story whatsoever.

Its just game of randomness like terraria, you get dropped into the world and your task is to survive, the whole forum meltdown over some crappy bits of story about charlie is just funny.

There is no story for 99% of the players of this game, the only ones that know a bit more about Willson are the forum users, for the people that didn't take part in puzzles and upadtes there is no story or lore, cause there is nothing in game.

Deal with it.

but theres still lore, you said there is "no lore whatsoever". You don't need the story for a game handed to you on a silver platter. And you don't even need to check the forums and stuff to get a idea of what the plot for DST is about.

Through in-game character quotes and the in-game cinematic, plus all the **** you find down in the caves, its not hard to piece together the story in this game without a big wall of text at the start and "journal entries" found throughout.

Just now, Ashkain said:

but theres still lore, you said there is "no lore whatsoever". You don't need the story for a game handed to you on a silver platter. And you don't even need to check the forums and stuff to get a idea of what the plot for DST is about.

Through in-game character quotes and the in-game cinematic, plus all the **** you find down in the caves, its not hard to piece together the story in this game without a big wall of text at the start and "journal entries" found throughout.

There is a story and lore in League of Legends to, but guess what no one gives a damn about it.

Character quotes, please, this is like the weakest story tellin ever created.

This is just random survival game with it set of rules and nothing more, 100% of so called lore was just made up to make the world more belivalble, like the shadows and charlie. Charlie will just kill you during the night, they could not get away with saying that lack of light kills you so they made up this charlie shadow that kills you, simple as that. 

No one is even playing this damn game for a story.

Just now, _Q_ said:

There is a story and lore in League of Legends to, but guess what no one gives a damn about it.

This is just random survival game with it set of rules and nothing more, 100% of so called lore was just made up to make the world more belivalble, like the shadows and charlie. Charlie will just kill you during the night, they could not get away with saying that lack of light kills you so they made up this charlie shadow that kills you, simple as that. 

Still a story.

Just now, Ashkain said:

Still a story.

Get out.

I can write and read better stories.

This is just a random survival game with specific set of rules and some bits of info to make those rules have more sense, real story not found at all. More bits and pieces is in puzzles but that is not part of the damn game, and 99% of the players has no idea about it anyway.

15 minutes ago, b1b3r0n said:

Go on, do your own game! I would love to see since you are so exigent.

you're wrong, I will not develop because it has already been done.

Hahaha.

Good one, go and make your own game bla bla bla.

Most stupid argument ever, I don't need to make games to see something is wrong with one.

2 hours ago, _Q_ said:

This...

This made me giggle more than it should have.

2 hours ago, _Q_ said:

Deal with it.

Oh my god.

2 hours ago, _Q_ said:

Oh.... my.... what?

2 hours ago, _Q_ said:

Get out.

I can write and read better stories.

This is just a random survival game with specific set of rules and some bits of info to make those rules have more sense, real story not found at all. More bits and pieces is in puzzles but that is not part of the damn game, and 99% of the players has no idea about it anyway.

wut

48 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

Hahaha.

Good one, go and make your own game bla bla bla.

Most stupid argument ever, I don't need to make games to see something is wrong with one.

WUTTTTTTT.....

Someone please tell me how this guy got a title.

Am I dreaming?

This guy had to be hacked right?

Why would he start **** posting like this?

"No story."

"No one cares for the story." 

Over 3000 posts, my friend.

I guess no one cares, eh?

Rant over.

51 minutes ago, Mikeadatrix said:

This...

This made me giggle more than it should have.

Oh my god.

Oh.... my.... what?

wut

WUTTTTTTT.....

Someone please tell me how this guy got a title.

Am I dreaming?

This guy had to be hacked right?

Why would he start **** posting like this?

"No story."

"No one cares for the story." 

Over 3000 posts, my friend.

I guess no one cares, eh?

Rant over.

DST current owners:

Owners: 3,908,033 ± 52,191

So yea NO ONE CARES about the story.

7 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

According to that logic over half of the content is something no one cares about, because there are so many players who can't even survive winter. 

Even not 1% of players ever saw thsoe hidden bits and pieces of so called story tat lives only on the forums and some hidden links on Klei site.

No one CARES, story never was a thing that people play this game for.

Archived