Headcanon name for the island?

8 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Realm of Them, Don't Starve World, Shadow Creature realm, etc.

Oh sit, I should have chosen Realm and not Island.

4 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

Australia I've always just called it "The Don't Starve World", or " The World of Don't Starve", sometimes just "The DS World" for when I'm lazy.

Creative, I know.

I call it the DS World, but official name is what I already said.

4 hours ago, Scoobie101 said:

I always thought that it wasn't just 1 island, I thought it was 5,000,000 mini islands all near one another, and they had different seas and stuff. Like "Disappointment Island", "Hatred Island", and "Why Bother Island" all in "Depression Sea of Ugh Whatever". It just made sense every world was a new island since every world is different, rather than every world being the same island, but I guess in a slightly different timeline in which Maxwell made the island look slightly different? Anyway, let's call the island/s Bob cause WHY NOT in this mad world.

Same about the whole multiple islands thing.

3 hours ago, Bebbit said:

You know, speaking of headcanons, I think a headcanon megathread would be neat to have. I think it would be necessary, but I'd rather not make one if nobody agrees.

DO IT

DO IT

DO IT(And link me! link me! link me!)

I always hear my worlds referred to as... ugh, not wishing to be too visceral, FEWMETS.

Truly, the realm of DST is a parasitic blob on the fabric of the multiverse strongly reliant on the Pants of Time theory. Time flows differently there, the same people can exist in several instances (the horde of Wilsons), they unlearn all the recipes (even the stupid RABBIT-ON-A-STICK earmuffs).

25 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

I just call it The Don't Starve World. Sometimes I refer to it as The Wilderness.

Hellhole and Maxwell's Playground have also been used by others :p

Charlie's Playground? Is that a thing now? Can we make that a thing?

1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

I just call it The Don't Starve World. Sometimes I refer to it as The Wilderness.

Hellhole and Maxwell's Playground have also been used by others :p

42 minutes ago, Scoobie101 said:

Charlie's Playground? Is that a thing now? Can we make that a thing?

Maxwell's Playground is actually a name of a Roleplay I'm apart of on these forums :p

Yeah I guess you could use Charlie's playground/realm if you want to :)

On 6/21/2016 at 8:14 AM, Mobbstar said:

Huh, I always thought it's a clever reference to the Cthulhu mythos.

I hate using the word, but... "headcanon" for me. So sure, thulecite could be connected to both Ultima Thule and Cthulu but perhaps Lovecraft borrowed the word etymology from the mythical island.

https://books.google.com/books?id=5kQ4CgAAQBAJ&pg=PT212&lpg=PT212&dq=ultima+thule+cthulhu&source=bl&ots=Hut65uxBoS&sig=-cAYPYAyJnETp5lmcha-7PZAtVg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwisxrW2oL7NAhXBPz4KHTcNAL8Q6AEIVjAM

Then again, this is a thing....

Well, part of my shadow-creature headcanon DOES involve there possibly being a Cthulu-like creature deep underground...

As for my name for the place, though, it's still The Don't Starve World or possibly The Wilderness.  If I want to distinguish between different parts of the planet, "The Mainland" is the DS/RoG/Together landmass, and "The Islands" is where Shipwrecked takes place.

...Notorious

I just call it "The Stage" cause how the worlds things match those of the stage props from the animation of where Charlie and Maxwell get sucked into the boox

Plus It's time to set "The Stage" for the DAPPER MAXWELL!!!!! and others

also for me it would make sense because sandbox mode could be like the rehearsal but the true play is Adventure mode this would explain the look of don't starve while the world in adventure modes are called Acts

What if the entire game just tells the store of maxwell charlie and the suvivors and don't starve together is the sequal  to the play

33 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

"The Stage" cause how the worlds things match those of the stage props from the animation of where Charlie and Maxwell get sucked into the boox

Fits the emulated-shoddy look to to environments(like "resumpterus" cinematic). Suddenly thinking to the artistic performance pieces by Robert... Wilson. Huh.

Just now, minespatch said:

Fits the emulated-shoddy look to to environments(like "resumpterus" cinematic). Suddenly thinking to the artistic performance pieces by Robert... Wilson. Huh.

his artwork looks like it would fit the don't starve world all those dark lines it really looks like he loved using white and black for contrast 
EOB+Storyboard_7_6.jpg?format=300w

47 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

also for me it would make sense because sandbox mode could be like the rehearsal but the true play is Adventure mode this would explain the look of don't starve while the world in adventure modes are called Acts

What if the entire game just tells the store of maxwell charlie and the suvivors and don't starve together is the sequal  to the play

Oho, THIS part I like!  I never thought of it that way, but the "acts" thing makes total sense...

...Notorious

Archived