Maxwell Refresh Beta Open!

• Developer

You can learn how to opt into the beta branch here.

Changes

• Codex Umbra is now a spell book that feeds off of Sanity and Nightmare Fuel only.
  • Added a spell wheel UI for reading the Codex Umbra in your inventory.
  • Maxwell now summons the following shadow minions:
    • Shadow Servant
    • Shadow Duelist
  • Minions automatically aggro or work within their summoned radius for a set duration before expiring.
  • Maxwell now controls up to six minions at a time.
  • Maxwell now summons the following shadow traps:
    • Shadow Sneak
    • Shadow Pillars
  • All shadows can be summoned on the ocean.
  • Maxwell can imbue shadow magic into a Top Hat to create Magician's Top Hat.
  • Maxwell can craft the Magician's Box.
  • Magician's Top Hat, Magician's Box, and Shadow Chester are all connected to one shadow dimensional storage.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug with action destination point on rotated boats.
  • Fixed bug with player save position on rotated boats.
  • An AMD-specific issue for card series RX 5500 XT, RX 5600 XT, RX 5700 XT, and RX 6700 XT has an attempt made to address a minimap rendering issue causing a large band of darkness to appear at the center of the map when the map was explored a large amount.
  • Please report feedback if this does or does not fix it for your setup.

Notes for modders

• The old Maxwell Shadows (Workers/Duelists) are deprecated but all of their TUNING, brains, stategraphs, etc are retained.
  • Mod Release ID will be out in the next hotfix.

View full update

• Like 53
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Health 3
  • Sanity 1
  • Wavey 6
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 4
  • Potato Cup 1

Magician's Top Hat, Magician's Box, and Shadow Chester are all connected to one shadow dimensional storage.

Sounds like Minecraft's ender chest, but public. To prevent other players from stealing the items you put inside, I would've removed Chester from the equation, and having a storage linked to the players who created them, (but still accessible publicly when other players click on them), like Woby's chest

I'm afraid no one playing on public servers is going to use this feature, knowing the items they put inside may disappear at any moment

Edited by b l a n k
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It felt like a millennium of waiting, it's here !

Edit : Guess that'll teach me to be hyped over my old main getting a rework... I'm not quite even happy with it.

Edited by ADM

22 minutes ago, V2C said:

Magician's Top Hat, Magician's Box, and Shadow Chester are all connected to one shadow dimensional storage

Does that mean Maxwell mains can just steal items from whoever owns Chester? If so, that's some griefing potential.

Or I guess, since Hutch wasn't mentioned, it's an extra reason why Hutch is superior to Chester...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, KCDA said:

Does that mean Maxwell mains can just steal items from whoever owns Chester? If so, that's some griefing potential.

Or I guess, since Hutch wasn't mentioned, it's an extra reason why Hutch is superior to Chester...

But also whoever owns Chester can steal items from Maxwell mains.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2