Maxwell Refresh Beta Open!

On 11/3/2022 at 7:14 PM, GodIess said:

just publicity is the main feature, all chests are portable, except for being crafted, it is very convenient for one to collect a bunch of items and the other to take them out of the chest and sort them at the base. If you make it personal, what's the point? You can just take the chesters and move the items to another place and put them there, you can’t do this in the mine, so they use shulkers there

On 11/4/2022 at 7:08 AM, Cheggf said:

Disagree with everyone saying Maxwell's storage shouldn't be linked to Shadow Chester due to fear of stealing. In my experience Chester is almost never upgraded and when he is it's usually the food preserving, summer nullifying, hambat enhancing, critter extending snow Chester instead of shadow Chester. If you're so worried about thieves either take Chester for yourself or upgrade him to snow. Most wouldn't get rid of an upgrade to replace it with a different one.

The ability for Maxwell to teleport items between himself and a teammate is incredibly powerful. Shouldn't go away just because theoretically if someone is super dedicated to stealing they could take from you.

I probably didn't explain myself well enough. When I said "having a storage linked to the players who created them" I didn't mean only the player who created them could open them. I just meant if Maxwell n°1 creates a Magician's Box, and Maxwell n°2 creates another Magician's Box, they would both have their own, different dimension. Every player would still be able to open them. It basically allows for each maxwell to play however they want, wether it's to put Magician's Boxes at different places to teleport items between himself and a teammate, or to just craft a Magician's Top Hat for himself and have extra portable slots

• Like 1

1 minute ago, licet_insanire said:

I know a dear friend of mine would be overjoyed if Maxwell's sprite were to be redone to be taller and thinner than the other survivors, as he seems to be in the "wallpaper" image of the new beta:
image.png.490f440083a8b27e8560499a0f4b59ea.png

I love it!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, licet_insanire said:

I know a dear friend of mine would be overjoyed if Maxwell's sprite were to be redone to be taller and thinner than the other survivors, as he seems to be in the "wallpaper" image of the new beta:
image.png.490f440083a8b27e8560499a0f4b59ea.png

I get why he probably isn't full height, but I always thought they should at least make the shoulders on his suit match and give him a properly pointed chin.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper
  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

4 hours ago, licet_insanire said:

It would be a massive undertaking to make him properly sized in-game.
He was originally going to retain his height when he was going to be playable, but they opted not to. Doing so would require a unique set of every animation and cosmetic item just to fit him.

However I don't think them giving him a better looking suit would be out of the question.

• Like 3
  • Wavey 1
  • Big Ups 4

19 hours ago, -Variant said:

It would be a massive undertaking to make him properly sized in-game.
He was originally going to retain his height when he was going to be playable, but they opted not to. Doing so would require a unique set of every animation and cosmetic item just to fit him.

I’ve never played Wolfgang, so I’ve never checked how he looks in his 3 forms with different kinds of clothing, but wouldn’t what you described apply also to Wolfgang? He has not 2 but 3 forms, so maybe it would not be too hard to adapt maxwell’s size

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, licet_insanire said:

He has not 2 but 3 forms,

Making Maxwell taller would be far more complex than Wolfgangs 3 forms.
Wolfgang, code wise, is simply made bigger. Visually, speaking.
His "forms" are just the default player made slightly larger. The clothes alterations practically don't exist outside of his own, as others are usually just taken off/hidden when he goes Mighty. Not visually altered, just hidden.

Regardless of the form changes, Wolfgang still uses the default player animations.
Making Maxwell "taller", as in his DS size or similar, would require an entirely new set of animations.
Compatibility between the new set and all the existing armors and clothing would be a nightmare.
Also "sizing him up" wouldn't really work either. He'd be squishy and stretched looking. Ew. Stretched old guy. Gross!

• Haha 1

fill old Codex Umbra by 1 nightmare fuel for 25% ~~~> craft new Codex Umbra by 2 payaras, 2 nightmare fuel, 50 hp for 100%

Magic Top-hat = 6 silks + 5% of codex umbra <~~~ Magic Chest = 9 nightmare fuel + 1 silk + 4 boards

Why build a Magic Chest when you can drop cheaper Magic Top-hats instead/Crafting a new Umbra gives you double the amount of uses for fuel

I've been maining Maxwell for all these years, and this day has finally come. I mean, Maxwell was always playable and useful and I absolutely love his gameplay (no boring grinding, full sanity control and so on) but THIS will boost him so, so much.

Also, question: will shadow servants be able to "talk" to plants?

• Health 1