[Game Update] - 526348

• Developer

Bug Fixes and Changes

• Fixed the disappearing beefalo when dismounting.
  • Fixed a few blocking issues while performing some acts. 
  • Lucy will talk on the stage even if equipped.
  • Renamed the world setting “Take Less Damage” to “Damage Taken” and provided an option for More (+35% damage taken).
  • Adjusted the Ancient Stonework recipe to use Moon Rock instead of Marble to better match the theme and art.
  • Changed the materials required for building all stages of the Hermit Home. 
  • It no longer requires seasonal items.
  • Fixed the compass’s hud animation.

Notes for modders:

• The health component’s externalabsorbmodifiers now allows for players to take more than 100% damage by providing negative values.

View full update

• Like 41
  • Thanks 5
  • Big Ups 1

3 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Renamed the world setting “Take Less Damage” to “Damage Taken” and provided an option for More (+35% damage taken).

Woo! Thanks fellas :) 

Does that mean we can expect some increased difficulty sliders for some of the other new settings?

• Like 13
  • Big Ups 1

7 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Renamed the world setting “Take Less Damage” to “Damage Taken” and provided an option for More (+35% damage taken).

This is HUGE! Hoping for more stuff like, this, would kill to make my world as grim and harsh as physically possible.

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Huh, interesting! I didn’t expect the damage setting to actually add an increased damage setting.

Bit of a silly suggestion, but since it is open to being increased, would it be possible to add another option to double the damage you take instead? I feel like it would be an interesting challenge/novelty concept, as it would essentially “downgrade” all armor tiers by 1 (log suits/football helms downgrade to grass suit-like protection, thule armor to log suit protection, etc.). It would also make any damage taken without any armor be significantly more punishing, as well.

• Like 3

Hey I just wanna get in a reply early here and say that while the removal of cactus flowers from the recipe is super good for players wanting to rush the celestial champion, the other changes to stage 1 and 2 are SUPER unnecessary and don't really feel good. My early game is gonna need to be significantly more complicated just to get the same rewards of buying good lures early, and I might have to start playing with caves enabled JUST for the lightbulbs even though I never go down there otherwise :(

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sylvia wander o said:

Hey I just wanna get in a reply early here and say that while the removal of cactus flowers from the recipe is super good for players wanting to rush the celestial champion, the other changes to stage 1 and 2 are SUPER unnecessary and don't really feel good. My early game is gonna need to be significantly more complicated just to get the same rewards of buying good lures early, and I might have to start playing with caves enabled JUST for the lightbulbs even though I never go down there otherwise :(

To be honest, a game without caves is missing out on like 75% of the game, your not just missing out on caves, but also ruins, archives, several bosses, Lunar Grotto.

Mushgnomes (great source for Living Logs) and Lightbulb Bugs (great source for Lightbulb) are down in the caves, why would anyone play in a world without them enabled at this point??

Several Character Specific crafts now require Ingredients you can only get in Caves.

Klei shouldn’t have to try to design content around not having the caves enabled either, I believe that’s only a “PC” Thing, because on Xbox there’s no option to disable caves.

If it’s a performance issue that limits you from having caves on, it may be about time to upgrade your PC hardware.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Changed the materials required for building all stages of the Hermit Home. 
  • It no longer requires seasonal items.

Can you at least add petals to final upgrade of the Hermit Home? It's sprite has some flowers...

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, sylvia wander o said:

and I might have to start playing with caves enabled JUST for the lightbulbs even though I never go down there otherwise :(

Skittersquids can drop lightbulbs so should be a way for you to get them if that can help. Think the changes were to give a bit of logic to the light added to the house, but I would prefer that only if the squids lightbulb drop rate gets changed to 100% as, despite they can be found easily, there aren't that many and RNG for such a simple thing shouldn't that low.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, sylvia wander o said:

Also that crabs on monkey Island drops light bulbs. Its isn't necessary to have a caves 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

At least the house building is more viable to be done early for speedrunners. Or anyone in particular that wants to finish it quickly to do CK in first year.

(Or for someone who afraid of summer and don't even show his nose outside the caves while screen have yellow colour gamut)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

To be honest, a game without caves is missing out on like 75% of the game, your not just missing out on caves, but also ruins, archives, several bosses, Lunar Grotto.

I don't care about any of these things I've experienced it all before and it's not fun for me, I'm simply saying that the flow of early game ocean things is sorta disrupted, which is valid feedback. I'm considering trying crustashines for lightbulbs but the 25% drop chance might not feel too good.

• Like 2

YES! There was absolutely no point in restricting crab king to a minimum of 8 hours on default settings and I am so glad it is over. Now I can finally get it out of the way and enjoy perma-full moons ASAP!

(For those of you concerned about pubs, most pubs I've seen that got to that point typically keep it on anyway. It saves more base-sitting enthusiasts from charlie than it inconviniences anyone. It's usually no worse than oasis.)

• Like 3
  • GL Happy 1

1 hour ago, sylvia wander o said:

players wanting to rush the celestial champion

1 hour ago, sylvia wander o said:

I might have to start playing with caves enabled JUST for the lightbulbs even though I never go down there otherwise :(

I wonder how can you summon the celestial champion at all without the Astral Detector from the caves.

2 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Bezka has a point. An overly receptive developer is no better than one who doesn't listen.

Balancing the games around the rushers/speedrunners is weird in general. They should adapt to the game, not the other way around. I don't see Dark Souls speedrunners incessantly asking FromSoftware to remove a mechanic because it doesn't let them get a pb. 

• Like 2