Jump to content

Forgotten Lore


Recommended Posts

What pieces of lore do you think will never get addressed?

For me, it's these two:

  • During the gorge, Mumsy says another survivor passed through their dimension before. I think we'll never know who that was.
  • Why do the salt stacks look like people?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not sure we'll ever know who wrote the Codex Umbra in the first place. The object that kickstarted this whole story! I dont see anyone talk about it either which surprises me, surely someone wrote the Codex Umbra, and I wonder who they are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I'm not sure we'll ever know who wrote the Codex Umbra in the first place. The object that kickstarted this whole story! I dont see anyone talk about it either which surprises me, surely someone wrote the Codex Umbra, and I wonder who they are.

The first person who's name started with W. He thought he was special, but when he saw someone else with a name starting with W he got so mad he made an entire realm to trap them in. I know this because I snuck into Klei's headquarters and read a book with a label marker on it saying "SECRET LORE, DO NOT LEAK".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, lakhnish said:
  • During the gorge, Mumsy says another survivor passed through their dimension before. I think we'll never know who that was.
  • Why do the salt stacks look like people?

This Rose Appraiser shall add/revise these lore tidbits to the timeline for future correction and speculation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

The first person who's name started with W. He thought he was special, but when he saw someone else with a name starting with W he got so mad he made an entire realm to trap them in. I know this because I snuck into Klei's headquarters and read a book with a label marker on it saying "SECRET LORE, DO NOT LEAK".

Must be JoeW... after all... his last name is Wreggelsworth. Joe is tormenting the poor survivors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Merms were described as unintelligent by Maxwell, and the gorge event showe they were other animals that degenerated because of a curse, but apparently a merm child is the one that can read Wickerbottom's books.

Merm conlang when.

29 minutes ago, lakhnish said:
  • Why do the salt stacks look like people?

Cus references go brr

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I'm not sure we'll ever know who wrote the Codex Umbra in the first place. The object that kickstarted this whole story! I dont see anyone talk about it either which surprises me, surely someone wrote the Codex Umbra, and I wonder who they are.

My guess will be the shadow watcher, but I also believe that they are the evil mastermind behind everything in the game, so who knows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lakhnish said:

During the gorge, Mumsy says another survivor passed through their dimension before. I think we'll never know who that was.

Given that this other survivor solo'ed the Gorge, I'd assume it is none other than Warly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

Who or what are Gatekeepers?

We see two different celestial satellites orbiting the planet in Hamlet, one of them we know is Alter, so what about the other?

What about the war that Ancient Hulk fought in? 

The Gatekeepers could very well be Cyclum & Metheus (tentative names), the leaders(?) of the Ancients. This is merely speculation.

A keen eye, SomebodyRandom, a keen eye indeed. A deeper discussion is in order.

The Ancient Hulk could very well be a prototype for the Sentrypedes, evidenced by its pseudo-indestructible nature and use of electrical elements. Sentrypedes are impossible to destroy, only turned off. The Ancient Hulk, similarly activates upon charging with electricity. Though, again, this is speculation.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, lakhnish said:

During the gorge, Mumsy says another survivor passed through their dimension before. I think we'll never know who that was.

I subscribe to the idea that all merms come from the gorge and were once a humanoid of some sort. I think that possibly Wurt could've been that survivor and that's how she became a merm. Though I would assume she would've gotten there through some means other than the portal we see in DST. But then again maybe she lived there initially and got transformed into a merm while there, considering her victorian skin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, bigGMIW said:

I subscribe to the idea that all merms come from the gorge and were once a humanoid of some sort. I think that possibly Wurt could've been that survivor and that's how she became a merm. Though I would assume she would've gotten there through some means other than the portal we see in DST. But then again maybe she lived there initially and got transformed into a merm while there, considering her victorian skin.

i unsubscribe from this idea since we see multiple species of merm meaning they had to have gone through some evolution and changes. I do not think wurt was ever a human at all and i think it'd be dumb to assume that without thinking about it for a second, but those are just my thoughts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who’s the shadow watcher????? It doesn’t look like the other nightmare creatures, and it popped up a ton in ye olde William carter puzzles. And don’t forget how Witherstone just has a framed photo of one on his wall. Seriously, who is this guy? And when was the last time he got a haircut????

9A2D24F7-3DE8-454C-B80D-4AB0D665DB48.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Hornete said:

I'm not sure we'll ever know who wrote the Codex Umbra in the first place. The object that kickstarted this whole story! I dont see anyone talk about it either which surprises me, surely someone wrote the Codex Umbra, and I wonder who they are.

I hope it's Mr. Skits. Would love that shadow to have lore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bigGMIW said:

I subscribe to the idea that all merms come from the gorge and were once a humanoid of some sort. I think that possibly Wurt could've been that survivor and that's how she became a merm. Though I would assume she would've gotten there through some means other than the portal we see in DST. But then again maybe she lived there initially and got transformed into a merm while there, considering her victorian skin.

I think that Wurt is a special merm she greater than the rest that why she so good.

1 hour ago, goblinball said:

Who’s the shadow watcher????? It doesn’t look like the other nightmare creatures, and it popped up a ton in ye olde William carter puzzles. And don’t forget how Witherstone just has a framed photo of one on his wall. Seriously, who is this guy? And when was the last time he got a haircut????

9A2D24F7-3DE8-454C-B80D-4AB0D665DB48.jpeg

I think that nightmare creature in some aspect weaker and more powerful in the real world, and there could be only one type of creature in the world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, lakhnish said:
  • During the gorge, Mumsy says another survivor passed through their dimension before. I think we'll never know who that was.

Other people are kinda saying it, but I'll add my arguments for why it was Warly. For one, the man can cook. The idea that there was a single survivor who managed to pass through that dimension would mean that they had to be good at cooking, otherwise they wouldn't have "passed through" and would have been mermified. The only humanoid character that we know of who is a skilled culinarian is Warly.

We even have proof that he was in that dimension. Look at this official artwork that was also his main menu banner, and compare the background to the background of the official Gorge trailer:
Klei on Twitter: "Warly is now playable (For FREE) in Don't Starve  Together! Check out our post with all the details and info on who will be  our NEXT character refresh! https://t.co/gvWPNPCPNq #

image.thumb.png.3efa54578d973565a83d16126371e2aa.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

Other people are kinda saying it, but I'll add my arguments for why it was Warly.

Interesting theory but I'm not convinced. 

Reason being is that the way our survivors made their way to the gorge in the first place was because they were traveling through the gateway since the Gateway is what's connecting dimensions.

I don't see how Warly went from being captured via Maxwell and thrown into the constant (since Maxwell enticed him in exhange for curing his mom) to somehow ending up in the Gorge instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

Interesting theory but I'm not convinced. 

Reason being is that the way our survivors made their way to the gorge in the first place was because they were traveling through the gateway since the Gateway is what's connecting dimensions.

I don't see how Warly went from being captured via Maxwell and thrown into the constant (since Maxwell enticed him in exhange for curing his mom) to somehow ending up in the Gorge instead.

he is a speedrunner at heart and killed fuelweaver day 2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

People got angry at me when I suggested that could be his wife, which would explain the daughter. 

My personal headcanon is that the shadow watcher is either the author of the codex umbra or a previous owner of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
  • Create New...