Forgotten Lore

On another note:

- Shipwrecked doesnt have much for me to go on aside from "who made the volcano altar of snackrifice and does it have a morbid secret tied to actual human sacrifice" 

- Hamlet lore as a whole has so many loose ends and unanswered questions. Hamlet ruins, who made them, why hamlet pigs are more sophisticated in Hamlet, is the Ancient Herald and Aporkalypse and the Living Water connected to main Them lore in any shape or form, who made the iron hulk, who used to live in the BFB nest house to name a few questions i have off the top of my head

- also, the OCEANSILHOUETTE lines for each character present in early Turn of Tides updates which implied, well, a massive ocean silhouette and therefore boss fight. 

24 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

- also, the OCEANSILHOUETTE lines for each character present in early Turn of Tides updates which implied, well, a massive ocean silhouette and therefore boss fight. 

Surprise, surprise, I dug this up eons ago. It was this thing! (It's colored because its unfinished. Ancient Herald did the same thing before he was finished.)
Abigfeesh.gif.f5196db8db008dc08debb46e7512e908.gif

Willow size ref.
unknown.png

1 minute ago, -Variant said:

Surprise, surprise, I dug this up eons ago. It was this thing! (It's colored because its unfinished. Ancient Herald did the same thing before he was finished.)

Willow size ref.
unknown.png

tbh im happy that it wasn't added, counting how miserable current ocean boss fights are i don't even want to know how painful would it be to fight a giant fish

42 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Willow size ref.
unknown.png

It looks absolutely beautiful and horrifying in a way that reminds me of lviathans from Subnautica. Ah, what could have been, and what could be... 

About the merms.

Both fisher and warrior merms are way different than the regular ones. In a evolutionary aspect this indeed is enough to discard that the merms came from Gnarw's curse. What doesnt impede the fact it can curse living beings. Its like those fun curses from rpgs "oh u character got frog" like a bad status and then u turn into a frog. 

9 hours ago, Dextops said:

i don't remember any instance of wortox calling wurt goaty

Nothing in gameplay; there were some quotes before Wurt's release that described the coming character like a Gorge goat, but those were changed before actual release. I...guess you could say that Wurt used to be a goat in that way?

Closest in-release indication of possible former goatdom would be the horns.

8 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Huh?

story of abraham and lot. God was going to destroy the city of sodom which lot lived in, but told abraham to get lot and his family out of there. Once they left, he also told them they could not look back as they left. Lot's wife ignored this and looked back turning her into salt pillar. This is what happens to the salt stacks in the ocean too, one of them to me at least looks like it's turning around.

1 minute ago, Dextops said:

story of abraham and lot. God was going to destroy the city of sodom which lot lived in, but told abraham to get lot and his family out of there. Once they left, he also told them they could not look back as they left. Lot's wife ignored this and looked back turning her into salt pillar. This is what happens to the salt stacks in the ocean too, one of them to me at least looks like it's turning around.

Yea i hidden my comment cause i noticed DST wiki entry had the trivia section about this. 

12 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

Speaking of Salt Formations, Wanda is deathly afraid of them.

image.png.5f7270df79c014f6ded80381bdf4f29a.png

I haven't read the bible so I have not a single clue as to what this is about.

I looked up her quotes. Wanda fears everything, it seems. 

On 5/18/2022 at 2:13 PM, Dragonboooorn said:

Woodies lore. Its complitly an enigma, instead of showing his past or at least something important about him and Lucy we got some fun and at the same time bland short.

I recently read old patch notes bc I was curious about some things (don't remember exactly why, I have horrible memory lmao), and I noticed the wording: "possessed" when referring to flint/gold axes transforming into Lucy. Is Woodie not just hearing things after all, and Lucy is just a person/creature or whatever who possesses axes which is why she talks?

12 hours ago, Psychic Chicken said:

I recently read old patch notes bc I was curious about some things (don't remember exactly why, I have horrible memory lmao), and I noticed the wording: "possessed" when referring to flint/gold axes transforming into Lucy. Is Woodie not just hearing things after all, and Lucy is just a person/creature or whatever who possesses axes which is why she talks?

I've been thinking lately that regardless of whether she's really a person stuck in an axe or a figment of his imagination, her link with him and desire to rampage through forests is a pretty clever trick by the moon to get him to give into its curse.

31 minutes ago, maradyne said:

I've been thinking lately that regardless of whether she's really a person stuck in an axe or a figment of his imagination, her link with him and desire to rampage through forests is a pretty clever trick by the moon to get him to give into its curse.

Didn't Woodie have Lucy in the real world in his short though? Although, then again, I don't think she was actually talking in there, and the moon seems to manipulate the survivors with things they want, so maybe Woodie actually IS crazy, and the moon made Lucy into an actual living being to take advantage of Woodie and trigger his curse. I don't dive super deep into the lore though so there's a good chance this isn't accurate at all.

Or maybe the moon itself is possessing Woodie's axe and telling him to chop trees to trigger the curse?

8 minutes ago, Psychic Chicken said:

Didn't Woodie have Lucy in the real world in his short though?

No, that short was about Woodie already being in the constant and how he has three were-forms, and Wickerbottom helps teach him how to control it.

We learn this from his compendium:

As the power of the moon has grown, so too have the effects of Woodie's curse. Woodie soon found that his form would shift into not only the Werebeaver, but a Weremoose and Weregoose as well. As his changing forms became more unpredictable, Woodie resolved to find a way to have more control over his curse. Using every bit of knowledge he'd gained from his time in the Constant (and some additional tips from Ms. Wickerbottom) he soon discovered that his transformations could in fact be controlled. By fashioning representations of each of the three beasts and consuming them only when he wanted to invoke that form, Woodie now feels more comfortable in his own skin than he has in quite a while.

Could Lucy have been present in the real world? Maybe. But that short was about what I said above :>

Just now, lakhnish said:

No, that short was about Woodie already being in the constant and how he has three were-forms, thanks to Wickerbottom teaching him how to control it.

I haven't watched the short in a while lol, somehow completely forgot there was a treeguard in there.

1 hour ago, Psychic Chicken said:

Or maybe the moon itself is possessing Woodie's axe and telling him to chop trees to trigger the curse?

but in singleplayer Lucy warns you about the curse and tells you to chill if you chop too much. 

if anything, Lucy is trying to keep Woodie away from his curse. 

Oh, does anyone remember that eye at the top of Florid postern? The eye existed when it was still the Jury-rigged portal, and at that time it had a shadow hand. It occupies a key position in bridging the DS and DST lore, but until now we haven't heard anything about it.

Archived