Forgotten Lore

9 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Webber's dad is not actually the scientist who became WX, there's a huge timeline difference between the two shorts, and their appearances don't match at all!
Additionally Wagstaff is way younger, you can see it in his hair color, compared to when he gave Webber's father the spider sample.

Where did you get the Wigfrid stuff from though, I'm curious. Both seemed to live very different lifestyles judging by their households. 

Well, Webber was dead by the time Wilson came, right? Since you got his skull. And Wagstaff does seem to look about the same as he ever did since the Webber short, which must've happened before Webber came to the constant.

image.png.63f9a764aa548672255748213b2b8923.png image.png.e4c3511204a440a12fa3381a1e35be53.png

This is the clearest image we get of that scientist, but yeah, their hair doesn't match.

The Wigfrid stuff is BS I thought was funny

20 minutes ago, Lizardhiney said:

Well, Webber was dead by the time Wilson came, right? Since you got his skull. And Wagstaff does seem to look about the same as he ever did since the Webber short, which must've happened before Webber came to the constant.

Wagstaff looks younger on WX-78 flashbacks than on Webber's short and in the game (he doesn't have grey hair nor wrinkles), so the WX-78 short happened before Webber.

image.png.a23ca519d1e1e4e6d8fb5199b2641327.pngimage.png.b847d3522e25af925ba3f30c0d57a00a.png image.png.c9c37dd3936d6c607274addfc11888d4.png 

On 6/28/2022 at 4:48 AM, yourAnty said:

Well hamlet is high up, it's above the clouds, that's all we know lmao, but shipwrecked?? There's no real place where it could happen in the Constant that is obvious as in visible or even implied

I kind of figured from the way the edge of the map works in DST these days that Shipwrecked might be somewhere out there in the ocean, but good luck passing the nightmare waves.

Even made a rough "map" of my personal interpretation a while back.

Spoiler

967944375_mapoftheconstant.thumb.png.a10a25d2996b00f36b19b499e569b368.png

On 5/19/2022 at 12:48 AM, goblinball said:

Who’s the shadow watcher????? It doesn’t look like the other nightmare creatures, and it popped up a ton in ye olde William carter puzzles. And don’t forget how Witherstone just has a framed photo of one on his wall. Seriously, who is this guy? And when was the last time he got a haircut????

9A2D24F7-3DE8-454C-B80D-4AB0D665DB48.jpeg

I believe he is what his name says: A watcher from the shadows. A drone/spy for Them to use and know what is happening. They do not have the power needed to manifest physically in the world, They can´t influence anything. So They just observe what is happening in the Constant. Shadow creatures are what has left from the Ancients race, now fully under the control of Charlie. But the watcher is different. Ancient Fuelweaver still has some power that he gained from Them inside him, thats why his mindcontrol ability clouds your mind with the watchers. Watchers aren´t Ancients,so Fuelweaver isn´t commanding his fellow Ancients.No, he is commanding servants of the shadows

that is my take on him

On 5/19/2022 at 5:16 AM, Cassielu said:

At the end of Adventure Mode, Maxwell says he's always dapper to keep his distance from "Them".

Well, Alter does have something to do with sanity, but it's high sanity rather than low sanity. So Maxwell was moving closer to them, not away from them. Why would he do that?

Them= Shadows
Shadows are all about insanity, and thats why Maxwell keeps his sanity high, because only this way he can stay away from Them

On 5/19/2022 at 9:07 AM, I am Armor said:

As cheggf and Cassielu said, at the time when avdenture mode was made Them was most likely the shadow creatures but They were revealed  to be Alter and the moon. They also explained why Maxwell is calling the shadow creatures Them becuse when inspecting the remains of the Celestial champion he says this 

heavily implying he thought they were the shadows but now realizing They are Alter.

I think he wanted to say that:
"I don't know what to believe. All this time, I thought that They were... the only ones"
I believe he is confused by the fact that Alter exist, because all this time he met only the one side of the spectrum.
Its like livin in a world where there is always night and then someone shows you that somewhere, day and sunlight exists. He is perplexed.

I reckon he has a quote about the ancient archives, it was something like "Did They know about this" or "why did They hide this from me" or something among those lines

19 minutes ago, WebberMain said:

I think he wanted to say that:
"I don't know what to believe. All this time, I thought that They were... the only ones"
I believe he is confused by the fact that Alter exist, because all this time he met only the one side of the spectrum.
Its like livin in a world where there is always night and then someone shows you that somewhere, day and sunlight exists. He is perplexed.

I reckon he has a quote about the ancient archives, it was something like "Did They know about this" or "why did They hide this from me" or something among those lines

That's a much better take on it than mine and cant belive I didn't think of it that way before

Archived