[Game Update] - 504531

31 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The only legit problem I can find with Slurper pelts are the platforms unable to pull Caves Content.. but I’m sure Klei has thought of a workaround.

I may have overreacted about the renewablity and glossed over a bigger problem with this circuit. (Which is it's not even any good and is now cave-locked)

Yea those who play with Caves Disabled will never get it now , before they could.

And Disabling Caves =/= Disablng Bearger

There are technical issues associated with Caves being enabled on certain machines. There are already quite few cave related items that are renewable on surface. And if i recall correctly Bearger can be re-enabled on existing worlds .. Caves .. not so much.

I am not saying everything from caves should be renewable on surface but Cave-locking and making hard to renew a mere hunger circuit that is barely passable as "nice to have early" and completely skippable compared more useful circuits that are easily renewable on surface. Is still an odd choice in my opinion.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1

We never target slurpers in our caves because nobody really wants belts of hunger, and we always have the ruins entrances littered in pelts. Like literally, the shadow monkeys or the depth worms keep littering pelts everywhere.
Either the people complaining had horrible RNG... or I don't know what you are talking about. Slurper pelts have always been a fairly abundant thing in all our worlds.

I suppose there's like a full week to do real tests and check it out.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I explicitly stated it's renewability was gated behind fuelweaver, it's even in the sentence you quoted from me lol?

oh. i misread

6 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

And if i recall correctly Bearger can be re-enabled on existing worlds .. Caves .. not so much.

Actually you can add in caves post gen now. Been a thing since the 2021 march qol I'm fairly certain.

To be honest though slurper pelts might be an interesting addition to Loost Stash loot (or hell maybe even tumbleweeds, catcoon dens or other more out of the way options in case caves are disabled).
Heck, it might even be interesting to add certain cave loot as drops in certain places ONLY if your caves are disabled. This way forest only players won't miss out on craftables requiring caves only ingredients without impacting tuning for (What I'm assuming currently is) intended gameplay with both forest and caves.

Edited by Nettalie
oops
  • Sanity 3

12 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

We never target slurpers in our caves because nobody really wants belts of hunger, and we always have the ruins entrances littered in pelts. Like literally, the shadow monkeys or the depth worms keep littering pelts everywhere.
Either the people complaining had horrible RNG... or I don't know what you are talking about. Slurper pelts have always been a fairly abundant thing in all our worlds.

I suppose there's like a full week to do real tests and check it out.

Not to pull a mike but on console there tends to be far less.

My questions is, is it so hard to chose something else?

Something that doesn't require fuelweaver to be killed? I also think that that had been the case before the introduction of this specific circuit.

In multiplayer spider glands are plenty

Nightmare fuel es plenty

What about when dozens of new Wx-78s decent to kill all of the slurpers?

With the new circuit removal mechanic it's nice to set a strong perk at the bottom and switch out the top ones. Let's say in a world with 30 slurpers and 15 drop, how many switches will each wx get? What if they want multiple? Then you have to kill fuelweaver everytime you want to renew. Now what if the world only spawns with 20? 

Theres no reason why it can't be something simpler. Funcaps reduce hunger rate as well. 

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, -Variant said:

YYEESS! This is where its at!!

Now... as Peter and some of the other devs may know, I'm gonna ask for HD gears/Character items like Winona's batteries again.  Pretty please!! 

They only update textures at update launch! Let's wait until the 28th!

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

32 minutes ago, Nettalie said:

oh. i misread

Actually you can add in caves post gen now. Been a thing since the 2021 march qol I'm fairly certain.

To be honest though slurper pelts might be an interesting addition to Loost Stash loot (or hell maybe even tumbleweeds, catcoon dens or other more out of the way options in case caves are disabled).
Heck, it might even be interesting to add certain cave loot as drops in certain places ONLY if your caves are disabled. This way forest only players won't miss out on craftables requiring caves only ingredients without impacting tuning for (What I'm assuming currently is) intended gameplay with both forest and caves.

Yes! Awesome idea!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leonidas IV said:

They only update textures at update launch! Let's wait until the 28th!

Ap, ap, ap! There's been a handful of times where I've asked nicely and had my wish granted in a following hotfix. 

My reign to be greedy will last as long as clouds roll over our skies!

• Like 6
  • Happy Hazard 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Please set stats to 125 across the board. (this is actually a pseudo-buff to sanity imo as it makes it easier to jump over the insanity threshold when low)

Players will appreciate the symmetry.

A couple additional (flavorful and low-impact) 1-slot circuits would also be wecome. (Possible examples include: slight crafting speed buff, slight increase to map exploration distance, slight increase to random drop chance [like gems from seasonal hounds or volt goat horns])

Edited by Raeku
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, NoodlemanNed said:

But this name... I really cannot think of a worse possible one.I cannot describe how much i dislike this name specifically.

Why do people keep complaining about the name Dronemaster?

You have to kill the Beequeen to get the circuit.

A drone is a male honeybee. Beequeen and grumble bees are honey bees. Beequeen is the master of her grumble bees. WX upon killing the Beequeen to obtain this circuit is now a master of sorts.

A drone is also a flying machine. Bees can fly. WX is a machine. 

A drone is a type of small buzzing noise.  Machines and bees produce a small buzzing noise.

This seems like the perfect name to me and shows that the namer is just as clever punny as ever.

Edited by sudoku
  • Big Ups 4

4 minutes ago, sudoku said:

Why do people keep complaining about the name Dronemaster?

You have to kill the Beequeen to get the circuit.

A drone is a male honeybee. Beequeen and grumble bees are honey bees. Beequeen is the master of her grumble bees. WX upon killing the Beequeen to obtain this circuit is now a master of sorts.

A drone is also a flying machine. Bees can fly. WX is a machine. 

A drone is a type of small buzzing noise.  Machines and bees produce a small buzzing noise.

This seems like the perfect name to me and shows that the namer is just as clever punny as ever.

Because it didn't make sense with the functionality.

Drones are bees yes, but what do they have to do with healing in and of themselves? And what is WX the master of? When I first saw the circuit, I thought it was something that buffed followers. Drones can also be used to describe followers or thralls, you need to kill Bee Queen for it; who is most known for their minion spam, and "Master" would make sense if you where controlling or leading something, hence "Drone Master". But no, it's just a regeneration effect. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Because it didn't make sense with the functionality.

Drones are bees yes, but what do they have to do with healing in and of themselves? And what is WX the master of? When I first saw the circuit, I thought it was something that buffed followers. Drones can also be used to describe followers or thralls, you need to kill Bee Queen for it; who is most known for their minion spam, and "Master" would make sense if you where controlling or leading something, hence "Drone Master". But no, it's just a regeneration effect. 

Because you get the circuit from killing a giant bee whose drop has the same mechanic as this new circuit?

Beequeen literally has followers in the grumble bees. Beequeen is the leader of her grumble bees making her their master.

Its a name with double meaning for both the bee you kill to get it and the fact you are playing as a machine.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sudoku said:

Because you get the circuit from killing a giant bee whose drop has the same mechanic as this new circuit?

Beequeen literally has followers in the grumble bees. Beequeen is the leader of her grumble bees making her their master.

Its a name with double meaning for both the bee you kill to get it and the fact you are playing as a machine.

The circuits are named after what they do. Gastroexpansion unit, not Hound master unit. Chorusbox Unit, not Crab Royalty unit. Drone master would be the perfect name for it for the reasons you described if it buffed followers since that would be a triple meaning of the word drone and tell you what it does. But it just heals you so its name makes no sense.

Great update. My only complaint is that I would prefer that the dronemaster circuit required 3 jellybeans instead of 1 royal jelly because it'd be quite a hassle to have to kill BQ again just because you've already used up all the royal jelly to make jellybeans. Furthermore, the jelly beans don't spoil so in the long term you'd have to either wrap up jellies or kill BQ again.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

The circuits are named after what they do. Gastroexpansion unit, not Hound master unit. Chorusbox Unit, not Crab Royalty unit. Drone master would be the perfect name for it for the reasons you described if it buffed followers since that would be a triple meaning of the word drone and tell you what it does. But it just heals you so its name makes no sense.

So is a drop like the Krampus sack a bad name because it doesnt convey the function? 

Would a name like Big Backpack be better?

Im sorry I just dont really see an issue with the name.

Edited by sudoku
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sudoku said:

So is a drop like the Krampus sack a bad name because it doesnt convey the function? 

Would a name like Big Backpack be better?

Im sorry I just dont really see an issue with the name.

Sacks hold items. It says what it does. You also don't craft it and it isn't part of a set of items which all more or less day what they do.

7 hours ago, StevenM said:

The Circuit Extractor now removes circuits one at a time. They are removed from top to bottom

As for me, it is better to make it possible to pull out one selected circuit, if you hold the extractor with the cursor, or if it is in the inventory, then it will be possible to pull out all the circuits

And how about to make wx gain a little sanity from killing animals or destroying plants? It would fit him, cause as we al know wx hates organics

Edited by WhatIsLove

3 hours ago, Frogzard said:

Great update. My only complaint is that I would prefer that the dronemaster circuit required 3 jellybeans instead of 1 royal jelly because it'd be quite a hassle to have to kill BQ again just because you've already used up all the royal jelly to make jellybeans. Furthermore, the jelly beans don't spoil so in the long term you'd have to either wrap up jellies or kill BQ again.

But you got the bundling wrap blueprint from the same fight

Tubular! I wasn't expecting big changes at this point but I'm glad a lot of the feedback was listened to in this patch. I think WX is in a much better position now. Lets check with the wishlist.

▢ 7th Charge Slot

◨ 100 Base Health, Hunger and Sanity [was made 125, 130 and 150 instead, rather peculiar numbers that have room to be decreased more but glad the numbers were tweaked]

▣ Separated backpack layout not obstructing the charge meter [Update 503984]

▣ Circuit Extractor removing circuits individually [Hooray to this patch]

◨  More charging interactions: Electric Milk, Charged Volt Goat zaps, Getting hit by electric weapons with PvP on, Milkmade Hat boosting the charging speed when worn [Electric Circuit and Volt Goat chaud-froid was added but still more interactions can be added like charged volt goat and milkmade hat]

◨ Optoelectronic Circuit uses 5 nodes [Instead illumination was decreased to 3, which isn't a bad compromise if 7th slot ain't coming]

▣ Gastroexpansion Circuit Tier 1.0 [Hooray to this patch]

▣ Dronemaster Circuit buffs [Hooray to this patch]

▣ Electrification circuit dealing proper electric damage [Hooray to this patch]

▣ Refrigerant circuit lowering max temperature rather than raising min temperature [Update 503714]

▣ Wetness changes: damage begins above 20 wetness even with charge, Proportionately higher wetness damage above 20 wetness, Return of small continuous wetness damage from increasing wetness [Hooray to this patch wetness is a remarkable downside now]

▢ New and creative circuit(s) like Navigation Circuit, Lunar Circuit, Thulecite circuit...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I believe the update is ready now, my remaining suggestion would be to continue adding to the charging interactions to be consistent with the world such as making charged volt goat attacks charge WX by one slot each hit, making electric PvP hits charge WX and most importantly multiply the charge speed when milkmade hat is worn.

While the Chorusbox is in a good position now, I still yearn for the unique interaction where it does the opposite effect to Maxwell players.

7th slot would always be welcome and perhaps attainable only upon scanning Wagstaff but it's acceptable at this point if the devs don't see it necessary. 

Stats are better now as the devs went with a half measure between 100 stats and average stats but further tweaks to the numbers such as 125 all or all the ways to 100 all wouldn't be so bad in my opinion. It should at least be considered.

Finally is it just me or was Gastroexpansion a better and more memorable name than Gastrogain? Was the change made for brevity?

• Like 2

I love that 4 pages is just discussing if slurper pelt is harder to get the the fur, even if this is likely one of the most unimportant changes in this update :grin:

But back to topic: I think WX is in a fine state now and there are some really good changes, thanks Klei!

I'm happy they didn't nerf him too hard. The problems with nerfs is that the line between making a character more difficult and making him annoying to play is pretty thin. Sometimes a nerf doesn't give any additional challenge but just make that character annoying to play, that's the worst think that can happen for me in a character rework (And it happens really fast that people think it is so op and later after some nerfs nearly no one is playing that character). 

I think the lowered stats are a good nerf and I'm happy they are not at 100, so he is still also playable for new players (for them it's really hard so scan stuff at the beginning with so much to learn, so they can not upgrade in the first days) and not annoying to play for veterans. If I'm forced to use several pins to upgrade his stats he is way to bad compared to other characters IMHO, but I have to say I play mostly endgame. 

I love that we can remove a single circuit. This change was so important, thanks! Also the rebalancing of a lot of the circuits that were way to bad and the one-pin-options are great! I think some of them are still bad and will rarly get used, but it is a lot better than it was before. I would still never use the electrification circuit, but maybe people find a use for it :D

All in all I love the approach in this update and I think WX is in a good spot for release. He is for sure 100x better than before, without a Wicker for overcharge he was just boring and useless. And I'm happy that Wurt is also in a good spot now, so we have more choices for fun characters. 

• Like 1