[Game Update] - 504531

42 minutes ago, StevenM said:

The Dronemaster Circuit has been renamed to the Beanbooster Circuit.

I absolutely love every other change made this patch, fantastic work klei.

But this name... I really cannot think of a worse possible one.I cannot describe how much i dislike this name specifically.

• Haha 1

beanbooster

1 minute ago, NoodlemanNed said:

But this name... I really cannot think of a worse possible one.I cannot describe how much i dislike this name specifically.

beanbooster beanbooster beanbooster beanbooster beanbooster beanbooster beanbooster beanbooster beanbooster beanbooster beanbooster beanbooster 

• Haha 4
  • Ninja 1

Slurper Pelt instead Thick Fur to craft a hunger circuit? Dang .. IMO that's even worse since Slurpers are non renewable without a Ruins reset while Bearger spawns seasonally and Circuits lose durabillity on swap.

This circuit seems not worth it.

• Like 2
  • Shopcat 1

Oh my god, rain is a bloody deathtrap now. If you get over 15 wetness, you'll take 9 damage and lose a charge every three seconds. It's absolutely devastating and I kind of love it.

Edited by YouKnowWho
  • Like 15
  • Haha 2
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

Just now, ALCRD said:

Slurper Pelt instead Thick Fur to craft a hunger circuit? Dang .. IMO that's even worse since Slurpers are non renewable without a Ruins reset while Bearger spawns seasonally and Circuits lose durabillity on swap.

What are you spending slurper pelts on besides belts of hunger? They were long overdue for another craft.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Potato Cup 1

1 minute ago, Hornete said:

What are you spending slurper pelts on besides belts of hunger? They were long overdue for another craft.

It's not the matter of what i am spending the pelts on but rather the fact that Circuits expire if you swap them out couple times.

And Slurpers don't drop their pelt 100% of times.

This circuit is now a lot more tricky to renew than before due to requiring a slurper pelt to craft.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 3
  • Potato Cup 1

5 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

beanbooster

beanbooster beanbooster beanbooster beanbooster beanbooster beanbooster beanbooster beanbooster beanbooster beanbooster beanbooster beanbooster 

Should occasionally make you drop manure or pass gass or something with that name.

• Big Ups 1

Just now, ALCRD said:

It's not the matter of what i am spending the pelts on but rather the fact that Circuits expire if you swap them out couple times.

This circuit is now a lot more tricky to renew than before.

I don't know, being forced to wait a grand total of over 9 hours between each single circuit craft vs. resetting the ruins every now and then sounds like slurper pelts are more renewable overall.
And even then with the change to how removing circuits works you can keep the circuit for longer times (which pays off since its a stat affecting circuit) while you swap out more situational ones a bit more freely.

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 4
  • Potato Cup 1

4 minutes ago, Hornete said:

What he's saying does actually make sense. That module is now locked behind fuelweaver for renewability, oof.

Plus, badger pelts build up. And can't you multiply pelts with decon staff and recon amulet?

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1

Just now, ALCRD said:

This circuit is now a lot more tricky to renew than before.

There are a million of slurpers in the ruins and you just need to kill a boss for more of them compared to the old craft: you need to kill this boss that only respawns every 70 days, steal the drop that could have been useful for any other person in the server then repeat this until getting 3 (or just dupe it our klaus sack luck).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

What he's saying does actually make sense. That module is now locked behind fuelweaver for renewability, oof.

Plus, badger pelts build up. And can't you multiply pelts with decon staff and recon amulet?

You can also dupe pelts making belt of hunger (you make the belt with 6 pelts so you get 3 extra pelts) and also bearger fur only builds up in lategame worlds.

• Like 3

Just now, Nettalie said:

I don't know, being forced to wait a grand total of over 9 hours between each single circuit craft vs. resetting the ruins every now and then sounds like slurper pelts are more renewable overall.
And even then with the change to how removing circuits works you can keep the circuit for longer times (which pays off since its a stat affecting circuit) while you swap out more situational ones a bit more freely.

While its slower Bearger is much more accessible.

Slurpers are spread around Caves , don't drop their pelts all the time.

When they are out (or wiped out by other players) and you want more gastro circuits then you need to kill the Ancient Fuelweaver. Which takes quite some preparation to do. Shadow pieces , Find Atrium , gear for the fight itself.

While Bearger just spawns and gets clapped in seconds with a ham bat.

11 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

beanbooster

yo this dude's eatin beans! 

4 minutes ago, Bombobbit said:

There are a million of slurpers in the ruins and you just need to kill a boss

Lol yeah, freaking fuelweaver. How long does it take for a new person to usually get to him in a normal pub? Or a casual? Then you have to kill him every year which gets exhausting, I usually don't do him anymore after like the 5th kill. Meanwhile I have a stack of pelts. 

for more of them compared to the old craft: you need to kill this boss that only respawns every 70 days, steal the drop that could have been useful for any other person in the server then repeat this until getting 3 (or just dupe it our klaus sack luck).

You can get multiple pelts from one Bearger if you're patient enough though?

Edited by HowlVoid

13 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

IMO that's even worse since Slurpers are non renewable without a Ruins reset while Bearger spawns seasonally and Circuits lose durabillity on swap.

Thick Fur you'd get a day 75-ish cause you needed Bearger's fur (excluding Klaus).

It only costs 1 slurper pelt and you can get it as fast as you can rush ruins.

WAY more accessible than before.

Edited by lakhnish
  • Like 15
  • Big Ups 2
  • Potato Cup 1

I've had such bad luck with pelts before where I wasn't even able to make a belt of hunger. Basing a circuit of something RNG doesn't sound smart.

The item could be based of something else entirely too.

3 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

Until you have to kill fuelweaver that is.

Why not use bunnymen fur?

10 bunnymen fur takes a while, it's bad RNG Klei! I promise!

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 2
  • Wavey 1

3 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

No not really no:

7 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

When they are out (or wiped out by other players) and you want more gastro circuits then you need to kill the Ancient Fuelweaver. Which takes quite some preparation to do. Shadow pieces , Find Atrium , gear for the fight itself.

Just now, ALCRD said:

I mean sure, but it's also pretty likely you'll get more than 1 or 2 per opportunity to actually get the drops compared to the bearger fur. While with the fur you're gonna have to either wait for a long time or go collect fur tufts for a long time (over 2 stacks of tufts in fact), with slurpers all you need to know is where the ruins are and you can pretty easily get a bunch if you go straight for slurpers. And provided you don't get the world's worst rng, you'll end up with a decent stash of pelts I'd say.

4 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Lol yeah, freaking fuelweaver. How long does it take for a new person to usually get to him in a normal pub? Or a casual? Then you have to kill him every year which gets exhausting, I usually don't do him anymore after like the 5th kill. Meanwhile I have a stack of pelts.

Well I mean that only really brings up two things:
-You would first have to burn through your slurper pelts/circuits in order to want MORE of the pelts, which I don't think would occur too too often on a pub unless everyone wants a slurper pelt.
-This gives a further insentive to reset ruins, which you didn't seem to have before. Also I think I should mention again that you don't lose all circuits at once when respeccing anymore, so you can keep the circuit in for longer while switching others around still.

• Big Ups 2