[Game Update] - 504531

• Developer

WX-78 Changes

• Lowered WX-78's maximum health and hunger
  • The Circuit Extractor now removes circuits one at a time. They are removed from top to bottom.
  • WX-78 now takes damage from moisture whether they have charge remaining or not. WX-78 still loses charge, as well.
  • The rate at which WX-78 takes moisture damage has increased, and the damage starts at a slightly lower wetness amount.
  • WX-78 now loses some electrical charge when frozen
  • WX-78 now gains electrical charge from eating Electric Milk and Volt Goat Chaud-Froid
  • Changed the existing Gastroexpansion Circuit into the Super-Gastrogain Circuit, and added a new 1-slot Gastrogain Circuit, obtained from scanning Hounds
  • The Super-Gastrogain Circuit now costs a Slurper Pelt instead of Thick Fur
  • Added a new 1-slot Processing Circuit, obtained from scanning Butterflies; the Hardy Circuit is now obtained from scanning Spiders.
  • The Electrification Circuit's damage is now modified by whether the attacker is wet
  • The Illumination Circuit now takes up 3 slots
  • The Optoelectronic Circuit now also requires Fireflies to create
  • The Dronemaster Circuit has been renamed to the Beanbooster Circuit. Its health regeneration effect has been increased. It is now constructed with Royal Jelly instead of Jellybeans.
  • The Chorusbox Circuit's sanity regeneration effect has been increased
  • Bio Data is now burnable

Other Changes

• Game audio will now try to play out of a changed default speaker from Sound Settings on Windows.

View full update

• Like 50
  • Thanks 5
  • Big Ups 2
  • Potato Cup 1

23 minutes ago, StevenM said:

• Changed the existing Gastroexpansion Circuit into the Super-Gastrogain Circuit, and added a new 1-slot Gastrogain Circuit, obtained from scanning Hounds
  • Added a new 1-slot Processing Circuit, obtained from scanning Butterflies; the Hardy Circuit is now obtained from scanning Spiders.

Awesome these were needed!

• The Electrification Circuit's damage is now modified by whether the attacker is wet

Great change, now tanking bee queen will be great with this (+bramble husk, rip wormwood).

50 per electrification circuit when wet. You can kill any enemies with 150 HP with all three. Spiders are easily one shot.

• The Illumination Circuit now takes up 3 slots
  • The Optoelectronic Circuit now also requires Fireflies to create
  • The Dronemaster Circuit has been renamed to the Beanbooster Circuit. Its health regeneration effect has been increased. It is now constructed with Royal Jelly instead of Jellybeans.
  • The Chorusbox Circuit's sanity regeneration effect has been increased
  • Bio Data is now burnable

The bad circuits got buffed! Nice! (Not the moggles one, nice change though)

Dronemaster is 5 hp every 30 seconds!

Super pog, now they're not arbitrary compared to the hardy modules.

New stats are:

HP: 125 Hunger: 130 Sanity: 150

Which is just.... random. I guess it makes sense given the new 1 slot modules. 

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 5
  • Potato Cup 1

5 minutes ago, -Variant said:

YYEESS! This is where its at!!

Now... as Peter and some of the other devs may know, I'm gonna ask for HD gears/Character items like Winona's batteries again.  Pretty please!! 

Please! I've been wanting HD gears for the WX refresh. It cannot release without them.

• Like 3
  • Sanity 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Game audio will now try to play out of a changed default speaker from Sound Settings on Windows

Finally, no more accidentally hitting the cord of my sound card causing it to disconnect for a sec, muting the game and requiring a full restart!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, StevenM said:

The Dronemaster Circuit has been renamed to the Beanbooster Circuit. Its health regeneration effect has been increased. It is now constructed with Royal Jelly instead of Jellybeans.

hmmm a whole royal jelly (3 jelly beans) i hope the regeneration is worth

• Developer
7 minutes ago, Scrimbles said:

Game audio will now try to play out of a changed default speaker from Sound Settings on Windows

Finally, no more accidentally hitting the cord of my sound card causing it to disconnect for a sec, muting the game and requiring a full restart!

The previous hotfix patch should have had that fixed for when audio devices are added, removed, or unrecoverable. This change is for when someone changes their speaker playback device through the Sound Settings panel in Windows. Local tests for Apple OSX have been positive to work already. Please let me know if anything breaks!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Potato Cup 1

Now this right here is why Klei is best!

1 minute ago, Mrunkown said:

I feel the one that makes mole circuit is too op it should have downsides 

Nah, it's a much better position now. It's no longer a day 1 moggles, you have to get some silk for the firefly; it'll add a few days at least, depending on how fast you can find a spider.

• Like 3
  • Potato Cup 1