[Game Update] - 504531

8 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

Is this possible code wise? 

Sure is! I think the more pressing issue is, is it possible design wise? How can we communicate in a well and simple way that a recipe can have substituted ingredients? Perhaps the image could show two of the possible ingredients for the recipe, but what if we want more ingredients? Now it'd get a bit tiny as we stuff all those images in there. Perhaps we could have it cycle between images, and etc, etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

I am still going by that this circuit is not worth it now.

-Slurpers are spread out thin in the caves and don't drop their pelt all the time.

-Hard to renew once extinct

-Food is abundant in this game incluidng long lasting meals.

Food is abundant yes, but at the very beginning of a game, this circuit can save great time for us

We can't get thick furs on day 5, but slurper pelt is right near by the way of ruins whiping, which gives us one more reason to whip ruins asap

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, leo920101 said:

Food is abundant yes, but at the very beginning of a game, this circuit can save great time for us

We can't get thick furs on day 5, but slurper pelt is right near by the way of ruins whiping, which gives us one more reason to whip ruins asap

For "very begining of the game" you can use the basic hunger circuit / circuits and then replace them with top tier circuits after you get your food situation sorted out. No need to ruins rush very early especially if one is not too capable of doing so.

The upgraded hunger circuit i just realized not only is hard to renew now but actually pointless in the long run compared to other choices. It's hands down the bottom tier circuit that can be easily skipped.

WX's base hunger as of now isn't anything horrific either that would need the upgraded hunger circuit so i guess the poor renewability doesn't matter for a very situational and not needed circuit.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Sure is! I think the more pressing issue is, is it possible design wise? How can we communicate in a well and simple way that a recipe can have substituted ingredients? Perhaps the image could show two of the possible ingredients for the recipe, but what if we want more ingredients? Now it'd get a bit tiny as we stuff all those images in there. Perhaps we could have it cycle between images, and etc, etc.

In island adventures there is a way of doing this, if you want to craft wanda's time pieces you can either use doubloons or thulecite fragments, and it is showing with a cycle of the both items changing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, leo920101 said:

That's a good Bearger vs slurper pelt argument but it wasn't in tune compared to the other 2.0 circuits and its not now.

Why can't it be bunnymen pelts? You can get those easy AND they're easily renewable.

33 minutes ago, Nettalie said:

It's also not GATED behind the fuelweaver, you just can't renew it without a ruins reset. Actually obtaining the pelt is way different from renewing it.

I explicitly stated it's renewability was gated behind fuelweaver, it's even in the sentence you quoted from me lol?

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Minecraft just has recipes cycle between different valid materials if there's multiple, I don't think that would be so bad, but I guess maybe not very Don't Starve-y. Maybe it could display like, some (or all if it's a small amount) of the things it could be, and if it's something with many things like fish for Wurt's houses, it could just say "fish" and then hovering over it would show you what valid fish are

33 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

I do understand how killing FW can be an issue.

Have the two of you considered that you can deconstruct the Super-Gastroexpansion circuit at 25% to get back the Slurper Pelt?

That way you'd only be locked behind Dragonfly for green gems to make deconstruction staff, unless you were negligent and somehow broke all the circuits/slurper pelts in the world.

Why does either of them have to do that though?

Processors need nightmare fuel.

Hardy circuits need spider glands.

Both are easy to renew and don't need a boss to do so. Neither Bearger pelts or slurper pelts are easy to renew. Why does it have to be either? There isn't a reason why we're both not correct with either of our arguments.

2 minutes ago, leo920101 said:

but bunymen have nothing to do with hunger,  doesn't make sense

Yeah, you eat them.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Hunger 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Ok, here's a question in regards to the slurper pelt debate. Does their renewabiltity being locked behind Ancient Fuelweaver actually matter?

1 pelt makes 1 circuit each I presume. If we lowball and assume that you get an average of, say, 24 pelts per ruins reset, then that's a minimum of 21 circuits if you're playing solo and make a belt of hunger with a construction amulet. 

Each circuit has 4 uses, meaning you'd have to unplug and re-plug the hunger circuits 84 times before running out of Slurper Pelts. And given how the circuit extractor just got buffed, you could plug it into the bottom of your system and only worry about removing it whenever you properly need other circuits.

So yes, you do need to kill AFW to make hunger circuits renewable. But the practical matter is that I can't see any situations where one would run out of slurper pelts before needing to kill Fuel Weaver. Technically possible, but it's also technically possible that I could win the lottery and retire before I turn 20.

And if Slurper pelts being hard to renew is that important, then frankly I'd rather just add another source of them. Sunken Treasure could use the "buff" I suppose.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Ok, here's a question in regards to the slurper pelt debate. Does their renewabiltity being locked behind Ancient Fuelweaver actually matter?

1 pelt makes 1 circuit each I presume. If we lowball and assume that you get an average of, say, 24 pelts per ruins reset, then that's a minimum of 21 circuits if you're playing solo and make a belt of hunger with a construction amulet. 

Each circuit has 4 uses, meaning you'd have to unplug and re-plug the hunger circuits 84 times before running out of Slurper Pelts. And given how the circuit extractor just got buffed, you could plug it into the bottom of your system and only worry about removing it whenever you properly need other circuits.

So yes, you do need to kill AFW to make hunger circuits renewable. But the practical matter is that I can't see any situations where one would run out of slurper pelts before needing to kill Fuel Weaver. Technically possible, but it's also technically possible that I could win the lottery and retire before I turn 20.

And if Slurper pelts being hard to renew is that important, then frankly I'd rather just add another source of them. Sunken Treasure could use the "buff" I suppose.

Yes on console the world is smaller and I usually get far less. You might want to ignore my console existence but I usually see 10-15 slurpers underground.

It also falls out of line with the other 2.0 circuits. Why does it HAVE to be Bearger or slurper pelts? 

I actually think the fact you take the upmost circuit work against it because stat circuits are the ones you want to change around the most. The dronemaster, speed, and light circuits are great at the bottom. Health for Fighting, sanity when using enlightened crown or underground, hunger when casually existing. 

I actually do want tons of circuits for each stat. Isn't it the point for the lesser circuits to switch these around all the time?

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1

Just now, HowlVoid said:

It also falls out of line with the other 2.0 circuits. Why does it HAVE to be Bearger or slurper pelts?

It's b/c the 2nd version gives a reduced hunger rate, which is why they used these two as their scanned mob since the super version also gives reduced hunger drain lol.

If they want to increase the Slurper Pelt chance like @SonicDen220 suggested, than that'd be good too!

2 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Also people tend to forget that some play with CAVES DISABLED ^^

You're also missing out on like all of Wanda's stuff, thulecite dumbbells, and a ton of good stuff. If you turn caves off you lose the cave's content. Some people play with bearger disabled, too.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Also there are people that play with CAVES DISABLED ^^

Yea totally forgot about that didn't ya?

I don't think this changes much. After all, Webber can't craft cave switcher doodles without going in the caves either. It's not like everything should be available at the surface, that just defeats the purpose of having caves in the first place.

Edited by YouKnowWho
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

It's b/c the 2nd version gives a reduced hunger rate, which is why they used these two as their scanned mob since the super version also gives reduced hunger drain lol.

If they want to increase the Slurper Pelt chance like @SonicDen220 suggested, than that'd be good too!

It could be by scanning a pig and require big meat. 

Pigs can eat through one million lightbulbs. You can scan a werepig! They eat for forever and a day!

Edit: missed the hunger drain bit sorry. Mushrooms hats do this also though.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1

Just now, ALCRD said:

Celestial Portal

Disingenuously picking out one single unimportant thing in an effort to deflect with a gotcha. What about thulecite dumbbell? What about magi? What about people who play with bearger disabled? If you turn off content you don't get that content any more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

What about thulecite dumbbell?

Sunken Chests for thulecite.

What about magi?

Magi isn't a character craft.

What about people who play with bearger disabled?

Refer to HowlVoid's posts regarding better alternatives for the recipe for this circuit.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 2

I love how people are like “Oh no it requires Slurper pelts and I’ll need to fight FuelWeaver to renew Ruins”

Lmao… no.

Read my next sentence carefully I DO NOT CARE HOW YOUR LITTLE GAME PLAYS RIGHT NOW…

All that I have EVER paid attention to is how much it changes- And prior to Year of the Catcoon… Catcoon Dens did not Renew after being destroyed either.

So is it so far fetched of a thought that Klei will add mob Respawners elsewhere throughout the game too that ISNT tied to fighting some obscure boss?

The only legit problem I can find with Slurper pelts are the platforms unable to pull Caves Content.. but I’m sure Klei has thought of a workaround.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1