[Game Update] - 504531

9 hours ago, StevenM said:
  • Added a new 1-slot Processing Circuit, obtained from scanning Butterflies; the Hardy Circuit is now obtained from scanning Spiders.

This is bugged, installing or removing this Circuit both increases max sanity.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

I think processing circuit means a new sanity circuit.

Welp, we can now officially throw Wormwood into the dumpster.

you dont like wormwood apparently

7 hours ago, ALCRD said:

Also there are people that play with CAVES DISABLED ^^

Yea totally forgot about that didn't ya?

so? a lot of their recipes needs a trip to the caves. I think you just mentioned it because supports your complain when many people already told you that you can dupe the pelts, decon 25% or simply put the circuit in the botom so you don't waste the freaking ammount of hunger modules you can get

or simply keep playing to learn how to beat fw

finally klei added a recipe that needs pelts after almost 10 years and the complains are "i want to make >100 modules without killing FW/DF"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

so? a lot of their recipes needs a trip to the caves. I think you just mentioned it because supports your complain when many people already told you that you can dupe the pelts, decon 25% or simply put the circuit in the botom so you don't waste the freaking ammount of hunger modules you can get

or simply keep playing to learn how to beat fw

finally klei added a recipe that needs pelts after almost 10 years and the complains are "i want to make >100 modules without killing FW/DF"

Read this post thank you:

9 hours ago, ALCRD said:

I may have overreacted about the renewablity and glossed over a bigger problem with this circuit. (Which is it's not even any good and is now cave-locked)

Yea those who play with Caves Disabled will never get it now , before they could.

And Disabling Caves =/= Disablng Bearger

There are technical issues associated with Caves being enabled on certain machines. There are already quite few cave related items that are renewable on surface. And if i recall correctly Bearger can be re-enabled on existing worlds .. Caves .. not so much.

I am not saying everything from caves should be renewable on surface but Cave-locking and making hard to renew a mere hunger circuit that is barely passable as "nice to have early" and completely skippable compared more useful circuits that are easily renewable on surface. Is still an odd choice in my opinion.

Especially the last bit but don't skip read entire post.

EDIT: Tho you can ignore the part about re-enabling caves cause its apparently possible on existing world but point still stands regarding the recipe and the circuit itself.

Edited by ALCRD

4 hours ago, Gahshunk said:

But you got the bundling wrap blueprint from the same fight

That is true, but my first point still stands. I could see myself accidentally turning all the royal jelly into jelly beans because I was distracted and it would be great to not have to rollback and kill BQ again. But on top of that, I think it's just the better design choice to not make it require an item that can be irreversibly lost to turn it into a really good item (especially in a server with multiple people.) It's not too frequent of an occurrence, but the way I see it there's no reason not to change it to just require 3 jelly beans, so why not?

4 hours ago, lionking102 said:

I love that 4 pages is just discussing if slurper pelt is harder to get the the fur, even if this is likely one of the most unimportant changes in this update :grin:

No perk is unimportant, huh you disagree?

Wanna Fight About It GIF - Wanna Fight About It - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by Mysterious box
  • Haha 1
  • GL Happy 1
  • Potato Cup 1

12 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

The previous hotfix patch should have had that fixed for when audio devices are added, removed, or unrecoverable. This change is for when someone changes their speaker playback device through the Sound Settings panel in Windows. Local tests for Apple OSX have been positive to work already. Please let me know if anything breaks!

It stills works for me :wilson_love:

• Thanks 1

What was the point of removing 20 health and hunger? What's changed exactly? Oh no I hounds need 1 less bite to kill me if i dont wear armour now, and meaty stew loses 20 hunger. I dont really care that the change was made, it just seems really pointless, and just nerfing for the sake of nerfing.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Meider1999 said:

354267921_.jpg.937bd31710d0be7f2153ba3c9c8f7ff9.jpg

I think that is more a buff than a nerf. Since Wx is designed to rush ruins, you'll find lots of glowy berries. Having to trap fireflies slows you down.

Edit: Oh, my bad. I was thinking in the plant. But still, is relatively easy to kill one worm.

Edited by DeadWhereX
  • Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 11:53 PM, StevenM said:

WX-78 Changes

• The Circuit Extractor now removes circuits one at a time. They are removed from top to bottom.
  • WX-78 now takes damage from moisture whether they have charge remaining or not. WX-78 still loses charge, as well.
  • The rate at which WX-78 takes moisture damage has increased, and the damage starts at a slightly lower wetness amount.

These are excellent changes. Not only do you get more opportunity to swamp modules around without the whole system busting on you when you do, but when the downside of wetness damage does kick in, it doesn't leave your buff of charge non-existent. Taking wetness damage while still having some modules in works well in tandem.

I still think the module system sucks overall, and I would love to see some more of the old charge system brought back. I would like to point out points I made in this post for it.

Now that you are tweaking some mobs on these current hotfixes... can we get a distinguishable re-color for FIRE HOUNDS??? 

I't hard to see when it's a normal hound or a red hound. Maybe brightening the red to make it more obvious? between the summer filter and/ or dusk fillters it's hard to tell what you're fighting . 

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

On 4/22/2022 at 2:53 AM, StevenM said:

The Dronemaster Circuit has been renamed to the Beanbooster Circuit. Its health regeneration effect has been increased. It is now constructed with Royal Jelly instead of Jellybeans.

Overall the update seems to be great, but I really expected a little bit of more health regen? I mean thanks for the buff, but you still have to kill a Bee queen to get it. 5 HP per 30 seconds with a sacrifice of 3 slots, it basically means that 50% of the character goes for 5 HP per 30 seconds. You could make it 10, but that would mean all of the slots which is basically all of the character. Though I personally have nothing against the numbers, only what you have to do to get them, since they are already low and make for such a big sacrifice I would for the very least expect to not have to wait for so long and work so hard to get it. I just want to be able to restore HP without having to waste resources (similar to webber, only that I don't like dealing with followers, despite them making it even more powerful) and I can't imagine people wasting the slots on HP regen for long AFTER being able to kill Bee queen.

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion but I don't understand the reason behind the health stat nerf. The health regen circuit is already locked behind a boss battle and now requires 3 jelly beans to craft, why stack a health stat nerf on top of it. It seems like it's nerfing, just to nerf. I don't get it.