[Game Update] - 504531

4 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I've had such bad luck with pelts before where I wasn't even able to make a belt of hunger. Basing a circuit of something RNG doesn't sound smart.

The item could be based of something else entirely too.

Until you have to kill fuelweaver that is.

Why not use bunnymen fur?

10 bunnymen fur takes a while, it's bad RNG Klei! I promise!

Bro how many circuito are you going to do you onky need 3 pelts for 3 circuits

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

1 minute ago, ALCRD said:
8 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

While its slower Bearger is much more accessible.

Slurpers are spread around Caves , don't drop their pelts all the time.

When they are out (or wiped out by other players) and you want more gastro circuits then you need to kill the Ancient Fuelweaver. Which takes quite some preparation to do. Shadow pieces , Find Atrium , gear for the fight itself.

While Bearger just spawns and gets clapped in seconds with a ham bat.

1 minute ago, lakhnish said:

Cause there is a 1 slot one using a hound's tooth. The slurper one is the upgraded version.

I too can play the quote game.

• Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Just now, Bombobbit said:

Do people totally forget that circuits lose durability on swap and there are more circuits than WX has slots ?

Just now, lakhnish said:

Cause there is a 1 slot one using a hound's tooth. The slurper one is the upgraded version.

Doesn't sound balanced gating it behind the hardest boss in the game. (Easy renewal)

The hardy 2.0 requires spider glands. I don't think Klei thought this through.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ALCRD said:

Do people totally forget that circuits lose durability on swap and there are more circuits than WX has slots ?

That's exactly why I keep saying they changed the swap mechanics.

Just now, HowlVoid said:

The hardy 2.0 requires spider glands. I don't think Klei thought this through.

It also requires a nurse spider to even get the recipe. (Also I'd say if anything the hardy 2.0 would need a recipe change given it gives a ton of health)

• Like 1

About this convo, I do wish Wx's rework brought in a mechanic where recipes could have multiple possible crafting costs, with ingredients being able to be substitued for other ingredients, always wanted to be able to use ALL types of fish to craft Wurt's house.

It's kinda weird that the rework is designed around being able to scan multiple different types of mobs correlating to specific circuits, but most of the time you can only really use one mobs drops to craft that circuit. I'd love for people to have an option to use fur tufts to craft the 2.0 hunger circuit, OR use slurper pelts. Having only one possible recipe just kinda clashes with the design of being able to scan multiple mobs for one circuit imo. But alas.

• Like 22
  • Potato Cup 1

2 minutes ago, Nettalie said:

It also requires a nurse spider to even get the recipe. (Also I'd say if anything the hardy 2.0 would need a recipe change given it gives a ton of health)

Are we comparing nurse spiders to fuelweaver? And you have kill the chess pieces each time too. 

2 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Doesn't sound balanced gating it behind the hardest boss in the game. (Easy renewal)

It's also not GATED behind the fuelweaver, you just can't renew it without a ruins reset. Actually obtaining the pelt is way different from renewing it.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Huge exaggeration

bro, I just tested, 72(drop 32 plets) slurpers per reset 

the distribution is a little bit less concentrated, but the total number needs no worry

Edited by leo920101

2 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I do understand how killing FW can be an issue.

Have the two of you considered that you can deconstruct the Super-Gastroexpansion circuit at 25% to get back the Slurper Pelt?

That way you'd only be locked behind Dragonfly for green gems to make deconstruction staff, unless you were negligent and somehow broke all the circuits/slurper pelts in the world.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sanity 2
  • Potato Cup 1

8 minutes ago, Bombobbit said:

Enough where I can keep going to get more when ever I run out? It that the point of circuits, switch them out at your convenience?

Just now, HowlVoid said:

Are we comparing nurse spiders to fuelweaver? And you have kill the chess pieces each time too. 

Well no I'm not, I'm comparing nurse spiders to slurpers moreso in overall obtaining the recipe/ingredient for their respective circuits. My whole point is that you can get slurper pelts fairly reliably and the only drawback is having to fight fuelweaver if you want to RENEW slurpers. And even then as I said before, you'll likely have plenty of pelts for all sorts of things if you clear out the slurpers.
I do think more ways to renew slurper pelts would be nice to help with this issue (and just in general because itd be nice), but I don't think the pelts are as big of a problem theyre being made out to be here.

Just now, lakhnish said:

I do understand how killing FW can be an issue.

Have the two of you considered that you can deconstruct the Super-Gastroexpansion circuit at 25% to get back the Slurper Pelt?

That way you'd only be locked behind Dragonfly for green gems to make deconstruction staff, unless you were negligent and somehow broke all the circuits/slurper pelts in the world.

Yeah, I think that's been mentioned

6 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I'd love for people to have an option to use fur tufts to craft the 2.0 hunger circuit, OR use slurper pelts. Having only one possible recipe just kinda clashes with the design of being able to scan multiple mobs for one circuit imo. But alas.

Is this possible code wise? 

Considering the fact that Slurper pelts only have one efficient use, I'm happy that WX can use them for his own purposes. The only other person that considers the belt of hunger is Wolfgang, unless people make it for novelties sake.

• Like 5

image.png.970803b5f5cf04b976ba90e984999106.png

Okay so apparently the odds are 50%??

That seems... way higher than I thought it'd be.

1 minute ago, Owlrust said:

Anyone know what the new Chorusbox sanity rate is per circuit?

4.4 per minute, 8.8 with 2 and... pretty big range in which other players benefit off of it. No falloff either, which is really nice.

Edited by Nettalie
  • Thanks 1
  • Potato Cup 1

I am still going by that this circuit is not worth it now.

-Slurpers are spread out thin in the caves and don't drop their pelt all the time.

-Hard to renew once extinct

-Food is abundant in this game incluidng ones with long spoiling time.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Wavey 1

Just now, Nettalie said:

image.png.6d37c96c8e4d565e30222f706dad98a7.png

Okay so apparently the odds are 50%??

That seems... way higher than I thought it'd be.

4.4 per minute

Ooh, nice. Does it double with another one equipped? This will be very nice with the light circuit now