Venting thread 2 (pls don't die this time)

10 hours ago, hhh2 said:

I don't know for certain but i'm guessing it's not only cheaper but has mass apeal, DST has clearly departed from it's DS roots, becoming more of an action adventure game with survival as a side goal and as DST is a live service game, maintaining a healthy playerbase means constantly drawing in new customers, which this artstyle probably acomplishes. It might also serve to make the game look more family friendly, something that I can't say when DS first came out was a concern.

So you're saying we need more Griftlands content?1525292350_Smithustajaokay.png.649669e2f3666c4da9886184a95255c4.png

C'mon klei, bring on more sexy arshole characters.915543603_arielsmeel.png.cb7176c04596ca00c51d116d69fd7aff.png

12 hours ago, hhh2 said:

I don't know for certain but i'm guessing it's not only cheaper but has mass apeal, DST has clearly departed from it's DS roots, becoming more of an action adventure game with survival as a side goal and as DST is a live service game, maintaining a healthy playerbase means constantly drawing in new customers, which this artstyle probably acomplishes. It might also serve to make the game look more family friendly, something that I can't say when DS first came out was a concern.

Worse artstyle = More appealing?

image.thumb.png.80709c079234ade974d95661c59c9315.png

There is nothing more appealing or more family friendly in the skeleton at the right, objectively people will say the left one is way better.

And what is this of "survival is a side goal"? mind explaining that?

I do think the artstyle (in the shorts) is falling but "being less scary" is probably not the reason, the cheapness and the short time probably is.

But none of us work at klei so we dont know how these changes happen.

29 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

objectively people will say the left one is way better.

I don’t think that’s how opinions work.

Regarding the trailers themselves, I do agree the newer ones have gotten worse over time, but they’re still great imo, especially when you consider that afaik most other indie games don’t have a pile of free-to-watch shorts like dst does. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t prefer the older trailers, however I’m still more than satisfied with what we have rn

I hate the new craft UI part 2:

Okay being able to pin character specific crafts like Wormwoods composting wrap and swapping to another character where that’s still pinned is just annoying…It messes with my brain in an uncomfortable way & makes me think why..? Just why?

This makes my brain hurt trying to comprehend what possible use this would ever serve to anyone..

Its extra annoying when you host or join another world as a different character, and it’s still pinned- it just feels like unnecessary extra steps in pinning/unpinning items to the Quick craft tab I like this thread because it feels like I can rant about anything with the game. 

56 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

Worse artstyle = More appealing?

It's more saturated and welcoming.

57 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

There is nothing more appealing or more family friendly in the skeleton at the right

Really?... REALLY?

59 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

And what is this of "survival is a side goal"? mind explaining that?

It's just many people play the game to beat the bosses, and it seems to be the goal of many worlds. I talking in the perspective of an experienced player, obviously sombody who just installed will play the game like RoG.

Also I don't know I am just speculating.

1 hour ago, Capybara007 said:

objectively people will say the left one is way better

You can say that objectively the left one is more detailed but I have no idea where you're getting both what "objectively looks good" and what "people will objectively say" mean, especially that second one. 

7 hours ago, Cheggf said:

You can say that objectively the left one is more detailed but I have no idea where you're getting both what "objectively looks good" and what "people will objectively say" mean, especially that second one. 

"Objectively" is a word attached to subjective opinions to make them sound more important.

i watched both trailers (ANR and switch announcement) and i have to say that the ANR one, even if i prefer way more the detailed and creepy art style, has less work behind since has less frames and more gameplay recorded than the switch animation. And the same happens with most of the old trailers compared to the new ones

so we can't say that the quality has dropped, just that the style changed

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i have to say that the ANR one ... has less work behind

I think ANR has more work behind it. The newer one might have more animation but it's also using more tweening. 

15 minutes ago, VouMorrer said:

why wigfrid eat leafy meat and wurt eat butterflies?

Leafy meat is... Well, meat, but it has some interesting properties of being able to be converted into a veggie dish through crockpot. So it's mostly meat, unless you do some cooking magic. 

And for butterflies, you don't eat them, you eat their wings. 

KLEI GIVE WORMWOOD UNIQUE SYNERGYS WITH HIS OWN GREEN THUMB ITEMS. 

EVERYONE IS BETTER AT TANKING WITH THE BRAMBLE HUSK THAN HIMSELF.

THE BRAMBLE TRAPS ARE SUPER NICHE AND ARE EASILY THE WORST MOB FARMING ITEMS IN THE GAME. EVEN A FIELD OF LUREPLANTS CAN BE BETTER. LET WORMWOOD RESET MULTIPLE OF THEM AT ONCE SOMEHOW. LET THEM HIT FLYING ENEMIES SO I CAN KILL BEE QUEEN MORE EFFICIENTLY, WORMWOOD DESPERATELY NEEDS THOSE JELLYBEANS. SEA WEEDS ARE SO BOOOOOOORING.

SPEAKING OF, THERE ARE NO GREAT PLANT FRIENDS FOR HIM TO BEFRIEND.

THANKS FOR BUFFING THE BRAMBLE HUSK BUT THE THORN EFFECT IS STILL NICHE. I WANT IT TO DEAL DAMAGE WITHOUT HAVING TO GET HIT, KLEI PLEASE I ALREADY CUT OF MY LITERAL ARM JUST TO USE IT!!!!!111!!!!

KLEI YOU REMOVED THE POISON BALM AND DIDNT REPLACE IT WITH ANYTHING!!!111111111!

15 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

LET THEM HIT FLYING ENEMIES SO I CAN KILL BEE QUEEN MORE EFFICIENTLY, WORMWOOD DESPERATELY NEEDS THOSE JELLYBEANS.

Its funny how the survivors who need jellybeans the most, Wormwood and Woodie both have no amazing way to farm her :wilson_sneaky: 

Spoiler

Worm has 1.2 speed and can farm carrots for hutches and woodie can farm wood for hutches but thats mostly it :wilson_sneaky:

and then u have wendy, wicker, wurt and nona who can farm her so easily that jellies start piling up like hounds teeth and become as useless too :crushed:

Ive seen u ask for bramble trap hitting floating mobs before and i was always like sure why not i guess.. it never clicked that u wanted to use it against BQ :lol: that would be such a funny fight 

3 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

snip

I think blooming causing bramble traps nearby to reset automatically would be cool.

However you crossed the line when you said Sea Weeds are boring, buckaroo.

..their name sure is boring though. Like c'mon, Sea Weed? You've got Cookie Cutters, Gnarwails, Rockjaws, Skittersquids, all fantastically wonderfully creative names.

And then you have Sea Weed.

I NEED A NAME CHANGE FOR THEM, KLEI.

44 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I think blooming causing bramble traps nearby to reset automatically would be cool.

This is what I've been suggesting since the beginning of time. Can't tell you how many times I've tried tying his items to blooming. The traps resetting and the husk triggering. This makes it Wormwood exclusive while also being balanced in the early game vs late game. 

I remember even making extremely long lore background explanation of how blooming allows Wormwood to "talk" with the magic in living logs.

Please Klei...

However you crossed the line when you said Sea Weeds are boring, buckaroo.

..their name sure is boring though. Like c'mon, Sea Weed? You've got Cookie Cutters, Gnarwails, Rockjaws, Skittersquids, all fantastically wonderfully creative names.

And then you have Sea Weed.

I NEED A NAME CHANGE FOR THEM, KLEI.

Sorry but they're trash.

Why is so much of the newer game content locked behind having to do some annoying quests/bosses?

I would LOVE to be able to just activate the Moonstorm in world Gen settings like how you can change it to 24/7 Winter or Summer.

Instead- I gotta find Pearl, do tasks, find crab king, kill it, get an Opal Gem take it to the underground Archives etc etc etc..

Its just Annoying, i liked when content was presented up front and without all the extra tasks like how you can just wander up into the Lunar Grotto or Sail to Lunar Isles for example.

I don’t want to fight bosses just to experience moonstorm event- and if Klei keeps actual statistics of their game: i would be curious to know how many players have actually activated the Moonstorm, compared to how many have just stumbled upon Lunar Isles/Grotto.

4 hours ago, ZolaRay03 said:

Might be just me but I'm starting to feel like Klei is going for a solo approach with these reworks instead of incentivizing teamwork.

What do "solo approach" and "incentivizing teamwork" mean? Whether you're looking at real team oriented perks (Wolfgang chopping and smashing faster) or fake "it touches my teammate so it's team oriented" (WX affecting nearby teammates' temperatures and sanity) most of the reworks have all done something team based.

So many people give the characters personality traits that are unfitting for said character. One thing is having headcanons and another is making a completely different character.

I did something similar before but now sometimes I see the characters in fancontent with these traits and think:

"Only a few survivors would be a good parent figure and Wilson is definitely not one of them"

"Is WX-78 helping others to make them feel better?"

"Wes is a bit of a coward but he's also friendly and willing to forgive even the one who trapped him... how do you miss all of that and make him violent?"

"Isn't it clear that Maxwell hates Wilson and viceversa? Why do you keep pairing them?"

Archived