Venting thread 2 (pls don't die this time)

5 hours ago, Just-guy said:

So many people give the characters personality traits that are unfitting for said character. One thing is having headcanons and another is making a completely different character.

I did something similar before but now sometimes I see the characters in fancontent with these traits and think:

"Only a few survivors would be a good parent figure and Wilson is definitely not one of them"

"Is WX-78 helping others to make them feel better?"

"Wes is a bit of a coward but he's also friendly and willing to forgive even the one who trapped him... how do you miss all of that and make him violent?"

"Isn't it clear that Maxwell hates Wilson and viceversa? Why do you keep pairing them?"

Fanfics are a dark place sometimes. About Maxwell and Wilson: I can kinda see why so many people are shipping them. First, the annoying "enemies to lovers" trope. Second, which I find more reasonable, one might realize, how similar they are to each other: They are both socially incompatible outsiders with big, half-delusional dreams; two naive middle-aged men, who in the end never really belonged in their own world. Of course we see that theme with almost the majority of survivors, but people go crazy over these two specifically, because they are the protagonists.

As usual I spend the final days playing a character just before their rework- Thank god I never actually liked WX78… after finally sitting down to play this character- they felt like the most busted choice in the entire cast next to Wolfgang pre-rework.

With as little as one log suit, (because kiting and avoiding damage on Xbox is difficult and I get hit by the enemy a few times) I was able to kill a surface Clockwork Knight.

Upon the consuming of his gears I got nice health, hunger and sanity bonuses.. and then proceeded to find more clockworks for more gears consumption to feed my metal contraption of a mouth slot. After which I grew more powerful, I was able to eat spoiled foods with no penalty.. Then when I get hit by lightning I flew around zippy go fast.

I laughed in the face of danger without any sort of threat to oppose me and each kill just made me more powerful.

WX78 was busted.. and I can’t wait to play the reworked version of them tommorow, assuming that the update even made it to Xbox in time without delay.

But to tell you the honest truth: I’m more excited for those Wurt tweaks then I am to play the busted overpowered Robot.

On 4/23/2022 at 11:35 PM, Mike23Ua said:

I hate the new crafting menu with a burning passion.

I don't have passion for the hating, but I hate it with frustration and anger. Crafting things are just slower to me. The menu's screen pollution killed me once because I wasn't able to see the enemy while trying to craft a weapon to fight them.

I really like Wanda, her design, personality, etc. but man, the rift watches make it so hard to play any other character. all of her other perks are relatively balanced imo, alarming clock might be a bit much on the regular day-to-day scuffles but that's about it, but Man do the rifts stick out. whenever I'm playing somebody else in my solo worlds I just think "I could go down to the ruins in back in a single minute instead of walking over here for five years," or the lunar island, or Pearl's island, or not having to tame a beefalo just to lug around some rocks, and it really is fairly upsetting

(if this results in a discussion on Wanda's balancing I am going to cry and then chances are we'll need a third venting thread a few days afterwards)

5 hours ago, TornadoCapped said:

(if this results in a discussion on Wanda's balancing I am going to cry and then chances are we'll need a third venting thread a few days afterwards)

tbh at least this time it'll have died to a dst discussion at least

Wanda OP, Please Nerf- Since she’s jumping through rifts in time make her randomly age/de-age while doing it, now that would be an interesting downside for a time traveler. 

I hate that I can play as Walani in Single Player Don’t Starve in Hamlet where all she had to surf in was small ponds or In Reign of Giants where the ocean is just cardboard cutout background… but yet in DST with a sailable explorable ocean- The surfer gal has yet to make her debut.. that just is sad and feels so very wrong, it frustrates me it frustrates me to the point of needing to post about it here in this thread dedicated to venting.. ARGHhhhh!!! 

(Okay I feel better now..)

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I hate that I can play as Walani in Single Player Don’t Starve in Hamlet where all she had to surf in was small ponds or In Reign of Giants where the ocean is just cardboard cutout background… but yet in DST with a sailable explorable ocean- The surfer gal has yet to make her debut.. that just is sad and feels so very wrong, it frustrates me it frustrates me to the point of needing to post about it here in this thread dedicated to venting.. ARGHhhhh!!! 

I know how that feels, I still have hopes that she and Woodlegs would be ported, maybe with the next story arc after the character reworks ended.

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

but yet in DST with a sailable explorable ocean- The surfer gal has yet to make her debut.. that just is sad and feels so very wrong, it frustrates me it frustrates me to the point of needing to post about it here in this thread dedicated to venting.. ARGHhhhh!!! 

it doesn't feel wrong cause her surf board breaks almost all mechanics in dst's ocean and that is the only perk she has except for some other minor one. literally no reason to adding her

I am suffering from important item memory loss after coming back to this game after months

Play Wanda, then i teleport me and all my friends to the gateway area, forgot the key or the atrium (sometimes BOTH)

Forgot the star caller for the moon caller event

Forgot the gems for crab king

Forgot the flower salad for Pearl

lastly i dropped the second chance watch from a quick inventory management session (pain) and proceed to instantly forget about it as soon as it left my inventory, couldn't revive my friends that died to monkes.

I swear next time i'm gonna forget Ageless Watches exist

after seeing the which character do you hate the most thread i wanna do a little venting. Why do people think walter is so bad? I feel like people just parrot that he is a perk soup and has no concise perks which i have to disagree with. The only major perk i see not fitting is his bee allergy and other than that i think he is fine. 

4 hours ago, Dextops said:

after seeing the which character do you hate the most thread i wanna do a little venting. Why do people think walter is so bad? I feel like people just parrot that he is a perk soup and has no concise perks which i have to disagree with. The only major perk i see not fitting is his bee allergy and other than that i think he is fine. 

I think that's exactly why people think he's bad. Every time I see someone say Walter is bad and I ask them to elaborate on why they just say he's all over the place but don't really elaborate on how.

It's a bit annoying. Before Walter came out somebody read his perks, presumably didn't think about them too hard and just saw it was more than 2 perks, and said he's all over the place. Ever since then people have just been parroting that even though chatacters like Wormwood, Wolfgang, Wanda, and Warly are just as if not more "over the place" than Walter.

Honestly Walter is one of the least random characters perk wise. They all relate to thematically being a boy scout and mechanically work together as well. A slingshot and dog to help avoid damage, a larger penalty for taking damage, and an easier way to undo said penalty for taking damage.

5 minutes ago, Waoling said:

Dst will never be as popular as when it came out.

It's very popular in China and it's fairly popular out here around the world. Despite the players not being as hardcore playing to experience everything there's some gameplay happening.

15 minutes ago, Waoling said:

Not as in player as in how much you see and hear people talk about it.

It's even more popular now than it was in it's release (I don't really know how Google Trends work though)

First three months after the official release:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0384e11881e9091b162bf0b2e1b75ca8.png

The last 90 days:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d1f83c2a00127ba946621187d4880345.png

Archived