Venting thread 2 (pls don't die this time)

2 hours ago, Waoling said:

Why can't Woodie eat wood, rock, grass, dust, and fur in he regular form?

Mostly to balance because he is starving when he turns human again, so players won't simply eat the logs he chopped

Why can't Wormwood eat turf? 

Plants eat the nutrients from the ground not the ground itself

why can't Wurt also eat Dust?

What Dust? Collected Dust? That's just dust

And Why can't anyone eat ambosia

It's literally a rock

12 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

how are you organizing your inventory? if you, let say, put your weapon in your hand, WP in slot 1 and ice staff in slot 2 they shouldnt do weird things

I organize my inventory like this: Row of dark swords, row of ice staffs, row of weather pains, then food. The problem is, I can swap between ice staff and dark sword just fine, but once I add a third hand item (WP), my swords and weather pains are scrambling around to the first available slot (unfilled inventory), or my swords end up with my WPs and vice versa (full inventory).

24 minutes ago, Psychic Chicken said:

I organize my inventory like this: Row of dark swords, row of ice staffs, row of weather pains, then food. The problem is, I can swap between ice staff and dark sword just fine, but once I add a third hand item (WP), my swords and weather pains are scrambling around to the first available slot (unfilled inventory), or my swords end up with my WPs and vice versa (full inventory).

that is the problem, only do rows for replacement items but organize as i told you and behind keep the following weapons you will use when the ones in the 3 first slots run out or you will keep suffering that

so: item in slot 1, item in slot 2 and item in hand that switchs with 1 and 2.Any other similar item goes in the next slots so, lets say you have dark sword in slot 2 and runs out but you have many swords in slot 6, 7, 8 and 9 you DONT equip any of that swords, you move one of them into the 2nd slot so it takes the slot from the wasted one and nothing is messed

28 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

that is the problem, only do rows for replacement items but organize as i told you and behind keep the following weapons you will use when the ones in the 3 first slots run out or you will keep suffering that

so: item in slot 1, item in slot 2 and item in hand that switchs with 1 and 2.Any other similar item goes in the next slots so, lets say you have dark sword in slot 2 and runs out but you have many swords in slot 6, 7, 8 and 9 you DONT equip any of that swords, you move one of them into the 2nd slot so it takes the slot from the wasted one and nothing is messed

Thanks, I'll try that. If I can't manage that then maybe I'll just delete CK with 5 million tier 3 bishops as my dead character watches. :)

Edit: Would it be easier to use hambats instead of swords just so I can slightly reduce the difficulty in juggling all those items?

Wilson absolutely needs a rework or buffs or something, because as it stands now he's kind of useless compared to the rest of the DST roster. And before ppl start saying "he's for beginners, he's the dst base experience" i've introduced like 10 ppl to this game and NONE of those newbies wanted to play Wilson or found him useful at all. New players want the game to be less brutal, they want comfort, and hand holding so the majority of the newbies i've seen have picked wendy/abigail. And if they didnt pick her on the first play though, they'd pick her after they saw how useful abigail is. In this post rework world, where character refreshes have significantly reduced the downsides of each reworked character while giving them great buffs, Wilson doesn't have a good niche anymore as a vanilla character. Other characters don't really have huge negatives, but add a lot of value to the team. An apt analogy would be like: getting $1 million dollars, but in exchange you have to eat a bowl of macaroni with raisins vs. Wilson players' no money and no macaroni. I really do want to play him, cuz his skins (esp the Verdant one) look great, but he's really bland and unfun.

7 hours ago, Psychic Chicken said:

Would it be easier to use hambats instead of swords just so I can slightly reduce the difficulty in juggling all those items?

If you want to. It would make it so the only time you need to move a replacement item over is when an ice staff or weather pain breaks. It would be slightly easier but not by much. 

9 hours ago, Psychic Chicken said:

Edit: Would it be easier to use hambats instead of swords just so I can slightly reduce the difficulty in juggling all those items?

easier to manage the inventory but the fight will be longer

for that fight i use the times where ck is freeze to check everything but dont waste much time because i think his spells have cool down that goes down even when freeze (i might be wrong, didnt fight him that much)

Archived