Venting thread 2 (pls don't die this time)

2 minutes ago, Just-guy said:

It's even more popular now than it was in it's release (I don't really know how Google Trends work though)

First three months after the official release:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.0384e11881e9091b162bf0b2e1b75ca8.png

The last 90 days:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.d1f83c2a00127ba946621187d4880345.png

It popular within the fanbase not in general pubilc what the last time you heard about DST outside of the fandom? When the game was first release.

4 minutes ago, Waoling said:

It popular within the fanbase not in general pubilc what the last time you heard about DST outside of the fandom? When the game was first release.

There was that one time you saw the main menu briefly in a movie.

1_000.png.ac1d85c85d98c1f589752a735decf236.png.12a483023a76a8b432aa46f16141bbc8.png

Movie: The predator

This is the venting thread and until the next console update my game is barely playable (nome says an updates coming soon so I’ll just need to wait on that…)

but in the meantime this thread is specifically for Venting… and I’m pretty mad that my game is barely playable.

*continues to complain about it for an hour*

On the flip side: Klei probably released it in a buggy status so all the platforms could enjoy the rework at the same time (minus switch which will catch up eventually..) So if I have to deal with a few bugs to get the updates released in the same time frame- it’s a small price to pay to enjoy the updates.

I guess I COULD Rant about Sony & Microsoft’s lengthy certification process which makes it difficult for Klei to quickly hotfix the currently near unplayable status of the Console versions of the game.

PC players just don’t know how lucky they are… if a bug is found Klei can usually pump you guys out a hotfix within a few hours, meanwhile- I can recall a time where it took Klei several months to fix a crash with a specific torch skin on Xbox.

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

PC players just don’t know how lucky they are… if a bug is found Klei can usually pump you guys out a hotfix within a few hours, meanwhile- I can recall a time where it took Klei several months to fix a crash with a specific torch skin on Xbox.

Keyboard'n'mouse

Mods

Bigger player base

Betas

Purchase bonuses

Unrelated, but PC has a bigger game library

37 minutes ago, jan Mele said:

Keyboard'n'mouse

Mods

Bigger player base

Betas

Purchase bonuses

Unrelated, but PC has a bigger game library

yugioh-no-u.gif.e5257a0a6c08fde85fec7adac151afcf.gif

Unrelated, but steam is full of hot garbage. 90% of games are weeb puzzle games. 

No offense.

23 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Unrelated, but steam is full of hot garbage.

Truuuue

But some of my favourite games are PC only

Although someone's favourite game can be a console exclusive

It mostly depends on what kinds of games one prefers

1 hour later.. *still complaining* okay uhm.. I forgot what I was complaining about, but no joke.. not being able to play your favorite game due to glitches/bugs/power outages/internet problems/game needing 85gb update etc etc .. it sucks. 
DST has its fair share of bugs too, but atleast it’s still getting bug fixes which is more then I can say for the original Dont Starve

(remember this is a venting thread.. so if my posts seem grumpy or rude, they’re supposed to be! No hard feelings..)

8 hours ago, Just-guy said:

It's even more popular now than it was in it's release (I don't really know how Google Trends work though)

i think they might mean that bigger youtubers aren't playing it which i guess is true but also the time that big youtubers played it weren't at the release so i really don't know.

On 4/30/2022 at 3:47 AM, Cheggf said:

I think that's exactly why people think he's bad. Every time I see someone say Walter is bad and I ask them to elaborate on why they just say he's all over the place but don't really elaborate on how.

It's a bit annoying. Before Walter came out somebody read his perks, presumably didn't think about them too hard and just saw it was more than 2 perks, and said he's all over the place. Ever since then people have just been parroting that even though chatacters like Wormwood, Wolfgang, Wanda, and Warly are just as if not more "over the place" than Walter.

Honestly Walter is one of the least random characters perk wise. They all relate to thematically being a boy scout and mechanically work together as well. A slingshot and dog to help avoid damage, a larger penalty for taking damage, and an easier way to undo said penalty for taking damage.

exactly! 

like, yeah, he could use some buffs(although tbh he's not that bad either, played as him for almost as much as Wurt and haven't felt like i was struggling or anything) but i saw some people who suggested to straight up remove Woby and focus on slingshot/remove slingshot and focus on Woby, because apparently character can't focus on 2 or more different perks? It's like they want characters to be less unique and "inside the box" or something. 

On 4/30/2022 at 9:33 AM, HowlVoid said:

yugioh-no-u.gif.e5257a0a6c08fde85fec7adac151afcf.gif

Unrelated, but steam is full of hot garbage. 90% of games are weeb puzzle games. 

No offense.

Huh!? No way you baka! Kotodama is my favorite Visual Novel puzzle game and I've got a lot more favorite VNs too! They're not garbage!

I love Wanda's default skin, but I really dislike every other skin she has.

I hate how enabling PvP in a server makes it so every structure like catapults and tooth traps hit every player, why can't I enable PvP to smack my friends once in a while without risking catapults in mob farms obliterating us?

I dislike how simple the abigail skins are, and how off they look when moving.

There’s some things I need to get off my chest, and since this is a dedicated venting thread I should have every right to do so here, I hate video games that make these huge beautiful cinematic trailers that are not representative of the games actual gameplay.

I hate it, it’s misleading, it should probably be even considered as false advertisement, I hate when developers release a trailer of say stopping at a gas station to clean your cars windshields with a squeegee & that not actually being in the game.

As developers sure you want to put out this eye catching cinematic that gets people talking about/interested in your game… but for me and my family we HATE these types of trailers, they fill us with dread.. because we know that the awesome stuff we’re witnessing in those trailers is not at all representative of actual gameplay..

There have been few games in history that’s trailers were representative of its actual gameplay, and it aggravates me to levels that Game Developers just don’t seem to understand.. we don’t want these huge movie like cinematic's filled with 90% of stuff we CAN’T do in the game.. show us the stuff we CAN do..

And when it comes to DST.. it’s a mixed bag of stuff you CAN do (such as placing the multi colored opal egg onto the pillar in the Ancient Archives) and it’s a mix of things you CAN’T do (Accidentally fish up Skittersquid while fishing)

Its not just limited to just the player themselves and what they can do though.. sometimes enemy mobs are represented in a way that looks so cool but just is not actually like that in the game itself..

Spiders climbing up and down dens fighting off other spiders for territorial rights (as seen in Wurts trailer)

A better example where DST makes this mistake is with Wanda’s short, where Klei makes the (mostly laughable) Shadow Monsters appear to be far far more scary and menacing then they actually are.. by being able to disappear and disguise themselves within the shadows of other objects.

This is the world Klei portrays in their animations.. this is how the folks at Klei vision this fictional world and it’s characters reacting..

And these are things I do not expect from the Nintendo Switch/Xbox One versions of DST… but they should be easily capable of doing on PS5/Series X/S

It just.. it grinds my gears when I see the shorts Klei puts out knowing that theyre one of very few gaming companies that could make their world look and behave the same way as they portray it.. :wolfgangstache:

I legit don’t get all the complaints about the Bottomless firepit skin & rather or not it should’ve ever been released..

Im pretty sure Klei released the beta skin to the public because there’s a good bit of players who SHOULD have gotten that skin if they bought the game around it’s release date for the platform your playing on- Because if you really really want to get technical: Day 1 of a new games release onto any gaming platform in this day and age feels very very much like a “Beta”

Anyone who tried to play GTA Online the day it went live way back then will understand fully what I mean.

I noticed the other day that a battle pass that had already come and gone for Smite had returned again for a second round giving players who missed the TMNT Battle Pass the first time a chance to complete it. As well as being able to just directly buy/unlock the skins from that pass by using more gems than normal.

i was there for season ONE of Apex Legends, I completed the first ever battle pass.. and unlocked the completion rewards- Using those skins showed other players I had been playing since Season One, (or it would have if people actually knew that was a season one skin) Those skins have been slowly being rereleased, again of course at an increased credit/currency cost- but it’s allowing people who only started playing the game in Season 9 to get S1 skins if they wanted them.

Sure this undermines me actually grinding my butt off to complete the pass & unlock this skin, but to be honest: I don’t really care, because I KNOW I WAS THERE AND WHAT I DID.

I fought against the “World” in GTA Online to collect limited time exclusive gold crates to try and find a crate with a black shirt with the Liberty City Statue of Happiness logo on it that originally could only be obtained by fighting the entire server and snagging the crate up first: So your little

“I was in beta” Arguments, they all fall flat of their face compared to the above examples where I actually had to work & compete against other players to accomplish my spoils of war.

And personally? Stone Klin firepit will probably be the only one I ever use anyway unless Klei comes out with some Hallowed Nights themed pits that top it..

But it is nice to know my friends can finally get the skins they wanted rather they was or was not there for that skins original release.

To me that outweighs any kind of exclusive hoops I had to jump through to obtain it.

I'm glad the polls are dead so we can get back to more pressing threads like the spoiled upcoming exclusive golden poop skin for beta testers.

Sadly it got killed before we could get an official release date.

Spoiler

Jokes aside I want more skins for random items and not just tools/buildings kinda like the Wolfgang Boulder skin.

I'm just not interested in more chest and alchemy skins. I want to alter the items around me as well.

4 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

How do you like eating the veggies I gave you covered in my caca

objection, this can't be true cause i just eat honey so this statement is clearly false your honour

7 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Wurt main, ignore! :D

talk to me when silk song comes out

Archived