Venting thread 2 (pls don't die this time)

2 hours ago, Dextops said:

Talk to me when silk song comes out

Damn, devastating, hornet is obliterated, done, sent to the shadow realm, finito, beam me up Scotty, coping, seething, boiling, super sayin 3, bankai, Gomo Gomo, de-materialized, passed away, buried 6ft under, @yahoo.com instead of @google.com, ghosted, scorched, torched, banished, in recovery, no recovery, nope'd, this is Sparta, gone, disappeared, squashed, etc etc.

Why you gotta do him like that :( 

7 hours ago, Just-guy said:

I'm slightly annoyed that Klein used "Enlightenment" instead of "Lunacy", I know it's synonym for insane but come on.

Still waiting for those unimplimented amoebas to be implimented. I like those twisted mimic concepts.

8 hours ago, Just-guy said:

I'm slightly annoyed that Klein used "Enlightenment" instead of "Lunacy", I know it's synonym for insane but come on.

i guess is because they want to remark that the character is mad for having the head filled with knowledge but being called lunacy was the perfect name. Kinda curioys when that was the whole point of forbidden knowledge draining your sanity like ruins items

a reference to Lovecraft mythos where the characters become insane when they knew more than they could hold

On 5/7/2022 at 10:32 AM, Just-guy said:

I'm slightly annoyed that Klei used "Enlightenment" instead of "Lunacy", I know it's synonym for insane but come on.

It took me this long to realize that Enlightenment is also a pun.

16 hours ago, Ardcrumb said:

Enlightenment is the ant knowing what a circuit board does, sanity is trying to comprehend it in a way the ant understands 

sanity is your mental health that is lost if you know the dark parts of reallity (represented in ds with reading codex umbra or using ruins items) or meet eldritch monsters with shapes that your brain cant hold (represented in ds with deerclops/fw/spiderqueen insanity aura)

enlightenment feels like the moon fill your brain with info and promises of knowledge until you go are overcharge of knowledge or ascend like bhuda in a trippy way rather than divine. For that you need to lower your sanity, you need to be crazy to limit your intellect so you cant reach that much knowledge that will overwhelm your mind

atleast is my understanding of both mechanics

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

sanity is your mental health that is lost if you know the dark parts of reallity (represented in ds with reading codex umbra or using ruins items) or meet eldritch monsters with shapes that your brain cant hold (represented in ds with deerclops/fw/spiderqueen insanity aura)

enlightenment feels like the moon fill your brain with info and promises of knowledge until you go are overcharge of knowledge or ascend like bhuda in a trippy way rather than divine. For that you need to lower your sanity, you need to be crazy to limit your intellect so you cant reach that much knowledge that will overwhelm your mind

atleast is my understanding of both mechanics

I believe lunar enlightment shows you new possabilities so terrifying, you unironcly start to go insane from such "enlightment" aha 

5 minutes ago, Waoling said:

Enlightenment Wormwood should do something special.

I mean Wormwood is literally came from the moon but has no special feelings about it. Like there is no boundries. With all that changes that happend to the moon, I hoped Wormwood will change somehow too.  

really only applies to me but i can't pitch this game to any of my closest friends, because they all had it ruined by one friend who was so horribly toxic and annoying over the game. shout out to you, buddy. you said dark swords were useless and magic was a stupid system but couldn't go to the ruins without cheats

31 minutes ago, NightfallsCurse said:

Anyone else realize that Webber has a (sorta?) spider shape on his forehead?

216324226_Screenshot2022-05-12165551.png.bf1114df76522e9503cc7d0e7a80707c.png

That was the first thing i noticed about Webber.

It even sort of mimics Webbers ingame expressions too. (even tries to "smile")

It makes sense Webber is 2 for 1 lore wise (fun fact: even drops 2 souls ingame when killed near Wortox)

We will never know the backstory of the single player characters unless Klei decide to port them to DST or make them a NPC in DST, which very unlikely, but I really wish Klei do that since I love all 5 of them.

2 hours ago, Psychic Chicken said:

Why is it that whenever I fight Crab King and use more than a measly 2 hand items, my inventory scrambles apart like a blender and he heals 6853895327 HP while my boat explodes because I didn't react to the ice staff's 5000th new slot in 5 nanoseconds?

how are you organizing your inventory? if you, let say, put your weapon in your hand, WP in slot 1 and ice staff in slot 2 they shouldnt do weird things

Archived