[Game Update] - 498875

35 minutes ago, DarkPulse91 said:

Oh boy this has me excited. Tho i did enjoy the change that was in place, knowing of a future update is a good alternative
please, just dont ruin how boats work, I love my moving base, I dont want water shoes

There is literally no logical explanation that can explain why both can’t co-exist.

Logic would imply that the larger cookie boat would have more health and be capable of putting structures on.

While the smaller ones would move faster but with lower health making any high damage sea encounter risky if not impossible..

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

There is literally no logical explanation that can explain why both can’t co-exist.

Logic would imply that the larger cookie boat would have more health and be capable of putting structures on.

While the smaller ones would move faster but with lower health making any high damage sea encounter risky if not impossible..

this would be the best of both worlds

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

that should be the case since the beguinning. A cheap small and weak boat, the current boat and a more expensive one with more hp and other perks (driftwood or living logs (made the boat scream when being hit pls))

• Like 10
  • Shopcat 1
  • GL Happy 1

I just noticed with this patch that ancient guardian's stun from the pillars only lasts like 3 seconds now and doesn't scale with distance anymore, I really hope this was unintended because this makes the fight drag out more than it used to without being any more fun

I mentioned in another thread that he was fine at the beginning of the beta but each patch keeps making him less fun to fight

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Sad Dupe 2

19 minutes ago, dubious little said:

It changes skins of already made items and structures... Why exactly does that deserve any form of a resource sink?

Honestly? To me it felt rewarding and magical.. but for other people? No idea…

I mean you could easily have gotten these things as a drop from Totally normal trees.. the change just seems to be to cater towards as casual of playstyle as you can possibly get.

I guess that’s not BAD but.. it’s also not exactly encouraging anyone to play and explore the game either.

Atleast with the old version you felt like you had earned a magical item. *shrugs*

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

We decided that making boating more easily accessed in the early game should happen in a more appropriately themed update, not just through the change of a recipe.

Does that mean there will be another ocean content related update in the future? :>

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

• Reduced the cost of the Clean Sweeper and Seawreath

It's somewhat interesting, how the Seawreath getting the attention to have its recipe requirement reduced than the Garland, but I guess do to its early difficulty of acquiring one (Lol no more scienceless early boats) makes sense.

10 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Fixed players continuously saying, “I can’t do this.” while holding down the mouse button and performing certain actions.

There is a similar issue when holding down mouse button to feed a beefalo, the characters would say they need to wait continuously. 

20220316111805_1.jpg.267893ab5061fcf054463fe4f9cd5960.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luxaezar said:

It's somewhat interesting, how the Seawreath getting the attention to have its recipe requirement reduced than the Garland, but I guess do to its early difficulty of acquiring one (Lol no more scienceless early boats) makes sense.

The sea wreath is much worse than the garland. Garland has basically no impact on sanity but if you already have the petals, why not? Sea wreath would not only give you hunger for eating its components, but way more sanity than wearing the hat for its full 6 day duration does, and it does it on demand.

Even now after halving the recipe cost its legitimacy is questionable.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Honestly? To me it felt rewarding and magical.. but for other people? No idea…

I mean you could easily have gotten these things as a drop from Totally normal trees.. the change just seems to be to cater towards as casual of playstyle as you can possibly get.

I guess that’s not BAD but.. it’s also not exactly encouraging anyone to play and explore the game either.

Atleast with the old version you felt like you had earned a magical item. *shrugs*

Fair enough, for me though personally it always just felt like that one item that the Wickerbottom main grabs to change your base to their skins, but to be fair I myself never use it anyways so I don't really have any feelings towards it. Function over feel imo is more important here however since wasting a living log/going out of your way to get dark petals for a purely cosmetic item doesn't make sense when you could be using those materials for progress towards a dark sword or something. I would like if they made some form of compromise because the recipe does feel very off.

On 3/15/2022 at 1:25 PM, ScottHansen said:

Beta Hotfix

Changes

• Keyboard & Mouse Big Crafting Menu Change
    • Players can now fully interact with the world while the crafting menu is open.
      • This is a test, hopefully it feels good
      • Please let us know your thoughts and log bugs if there are any bugs related to it.
    • Removed the mouse position testing to auto-close the crafting menu
    • Right-clicking on the ground or ocean, Esc, ‘C’ and clicking the Close button will close the crafting menu

Is there any way we can get keyboard and mouse support on Console? Maybe not this patch depending on the undertaking but at some point during one of the other QOL's this year?

local function GetCharacterAtlas(owner)
    return resolvefilepath("images/avatars.xml")
end
local function GetCraftingMenuAtlas()
	return resolvefilepath(CRAFTING_ICONS_ATLAS)
end

Please make this path a constant so that it can be easily changed, as is done with icons. It is very necessary to create several variations of the character icon and the possibility of customization. recipes_filter.lua thx

i use 

_G.CRAFTING_ICONS_ATLAS = "images/org/crafting_menu_icons.xml"

Edited by Maksym.12
  • Like 1

I, um...didn'tactuallyknowyouCOULDeverbuildboatswithoutthethinktanksoialreadymadeoneanyway

newharbor.thumb.png.742627630a812651df9e16d923f7e86a.png

...aheheheh...

Also, no auto-pausing during _crafting_ by default anymore, but is...

notpaused2022.thumb.png.a4040ba46f162845cebee42edbc63035.png

...THIS supposed to be happening again?

I'm guessing maybe no, since there were other weird things happening to my game at this moment (my chest wouldn't close, the disconnect symbol was flashing) but...?

On purpose or not, and is pausing GONE gone or just not _default_ anymore? I'm assuming the latter, but it never hurts to be sure.

...Notorious

On 3/15/2022 at 11:25 AM, ScottHansen said:

Keyboard & Mouse Big Crafting Menu Change

• Players can now fully interact with the world while the crafting menu is open.
    • This is a test, hopefully it feels good
    • Please let us know your thoughts and log bugs if there are any bugs related to it.

Tested this out yesterday. Solid change and I like being able to walk around with the menu open and shut it when I need. Didn't find any bugs.

Minor suggestion. It would be nice to be able to double click on the search box text to select everything. Currently you have to spam backspace to search for something new.

• Like 3

On 3/15/2022 at 6:25 PM, ScottHansen said:

Returned the Boat Kit recipe to use boards and require the Think Tank to prototype. 

• We decided that making boating more easily accessed in the early game should happen in a more appropriately themed update, not just through the change of a recipe.

:( I can understand that you want to include that in an 'appropriately themed update' but I am sad this change is gone now ... 

It made early world exploration so much faster and better as one could set up "boatbridges" soo easy and fast :((

On 3/16/2022 at 7:45 AM, dubious little said:

Fair enough, for me though personally it always just felt like that one item that the Wickerbottom main grabs to change your base to their skins

I don't understand this... why Wickerbottom mains? o.O

On 3/15/2022 at 6:25 PM, ScottHansen said:

Kitschy Idols no longer spoil

That is a great change! But do they also stack now? Need to try that out immediately!

On 3/15/2022 at 11:05 PM, SinancoTheBest said:

you could plant a flower garden around a dug grave and let the ghosts that spawn there during a full moon hunt them for dark petals, they can do that

This is actually a good tip, thanks! I didn't know mob ghosts can do that! I thought only dead players could - my twin sister certainly can't be bothered to haunt them!!

On 3/15/2022 at 6:52 PM, skile said:

Very happy for Woodie's idols change! 

Also, it would be nice if we could read loading screen lore bits which we already saw in the compendium. 

Yes Yes Yes please!!! The loading screen is always gone so fast I can barely read the lore bits if they are longer than a sentence! :(

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2022 at 4:15 PM, Hornete said:

Soo, I'm gonna shoot my shot here, since we've seen improvements to Woodie, could we see something done about Bernie + Enlightenment areas?

THIS THIS THIS!!

This is such an insane bummer because the second I want to step into Enlightened zones or do any of the Moon questing stuff I'm locked out of Bernie who's such an important part of Willow's perk set!!

• Like 4