[Game Update] - 498875

• Developer

Beta Hotfix

Changes

• Keyboard & Mouse Big Crafting Menu Change
    • Players can now fully interact with the world while the crafting menu is open.
      • This is a test, hopefully it feels good
      • Please let us know your thoughts and log bugs if there are any bugs related to it.
    • Removed the mouse position testing to auto-close the crafting menu
    • Right-clicking on the ground or ocean, Esc, ‘C’ and clicking the Close button will close the crafting menu.
  • Improved navigating between the filters, recipes, and pins while a controller
  • Crafting Auto Pause has been changed to be disabled by default
  • Using the colour character heads for the character specific crating filter.
  • The arrow keys are now supported again in the crafting menu
    • Skin selection is coming soon
  • Changed the default key to open the crafting menu from Caps Lock to C.
    • This will not update your existing bound key, even if it was left as the default.
  • Reduced the cost of the Clean Sweeper and Seawreath
  • Kitschy Idols no longer spoil
  • Returned the Boat Kit recipe to use boards and require the Think Tank to prototype. 
    • We decided that making boating more easily accessed in the early game should happen in a more appropriately themed update, not just through the change of a recipe.
  • Added a new toggle in the Server Settings Tab that allows you to control whether a save is a local save or a steam cloud save when creating a world.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed different actions from activating while holding down the left mouse button / spacebar / the F key.
    • Please continue to let us know if there are more issues around holding down the mouse button to repeat actions.
  • Fixed players continuously saying, “I can’t do this.” while holding down the mouse button and performing certain actions.
  • Fixed a rare crash when pausing the game.
  • Fixed an issue where the crafting menu would get into a state where it not accept any more controller input
  • Fixed a bug in the crafting menu where the filter tooltip text would not be aligned correctly
    • Note: The tooltip drawing offscreen will be addressed soon
  • Fixed a bug causing the seasonal hound spawning to not work quite right.
  • Fixed the fuel value of Boat Patch to match their crafting recipes
  • Fixed a multi hitting bug on the Ancient Guardian.
  • Fixed Tumbleweeds and Crumpled Package to correctly drop blueprints instead of unknown blueprints

Notes for Modders:

• Please be sure that testing if hotkeys should be activated moves off of PlayerHud:IsCraftingBlockingGameplay(), instead use PlayerController:IsEnabled().
  • The ‘C’ key is now the default bind for bringing up the crafting menu

View full update

• Like 61
  • Thanks 2
  • Health 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 4
  • GL Happy 1

5 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Returned the Boat Kit recipe to use boards and require the Think Tank to prototype. 

• We decided that making boating more easily accessed in the early game should happen in a more appropriately themed update, not just through the change of a recipe.

very sad to hear, but i look forward to how this is accomplished in future updates.... i hope that doesnt take too long :apologetic:

• Like 6
  • Big Ups 2
  • Sad Dupe 2
  • Potato Cup 1

6 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Returned the Boat Kit recipe to use boards and require the Think Tank to prototype. 

Aww, I really liked the early-game boats. I hope we see what you've got in store sometime in the near future.

Great QoL update, though! Thank you for all the effort put into it so far!

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Boating rework? >.>

(btw, great QOL so far!)

• Wavey 1
  • GL Happy 1

6 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

• Returned the Boat Kit recipe to use boards and require the Think Tank to prototype. 

I like it!

Maybe you should adjust the passive might drain of Wolfgang, maybe it's too much now. I'll appreciate that.

• Like 7

Problem:
If wolfgang holds his bell and wants to ride beefalo it only allows me to toss the bell on my beef (without any damage) without ability to ride beefalo. Player has to switch to different tool or weapon to ride beefalo. 

Proposed solution:
Wolfgangs bell should not have "toss" interaction when hovering over bonded beefalo while holding the bell - instead provide "ride" interaction. 

___

Edit 1:
Could be bug? Suddenly can get on beefalo without option to "toss"

Edit 2:
My bad, happens only in the highest mightiness when wolf is actually able to toss it. 

Edited by allmeitysk
  • Like 12
  • Big Ups 1

5 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

We decided that making boating more easily accessed in the early game should happen in a more appropriately themed update, not just through the change of a recipe.

so we cant do scienceless crab king rushes now? im about to cryy (heavy sarcasm)

Edited by HellHeater
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hunger 1
  • Sad Dupe 2
  • Potato Cup 1

17 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Beta Hotfix

Oof, that hurts. I really thought that was a good change to have, made going out to sea less of a resource sink. Maybe in future we'll be able to make different types of boats? For now, that's pretty sad to hear.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Reduced the cost of the Clean Sweeper and Seawreath

The clean sweeper not always dropping from trees and their recipe being quite expensive made me never want to focus on making one unless i was redecorating the base and if i had a shadow manipulator at my disposal. Now that the recipe is way less expensive and only requires an alchemy to make, I will focus on it a lot more.

Could you guys also add the option to change the sweeper's skins itself ? We can sweep the sweeper by right clicking on it inside our hand slot but nothing happens. Would be pretty sweet especially if more skins for it will drop in the future.

Kitschy Idols no longer spoil

Small and unexpected woodie buff, now we'll be able to craft and carry a lot of idols wherever and whenever we please. Very much appreciated.

Does this means that boating will become a lot easier and accessible in a future update dedicated to it ? If so, can't wait to see what you got in mind for us devs.

Added a new toggle in the Server Settings Tab that allows you to control whether a save is a local save or a steam cloud save when creating a world.

This is a big up for me personally, i know that steam cloud saving was here at the start of the QOL but being able to play my world on any computer anywhere in the world is pretty amazing. Very much apprecitated devs.

This QOL is getting better and better over time, can't wait to see what will come out now. Personally would love a server setting for the eye/twins of terror spawning mechanic, if this ever does happen, this would be one of the QOL to have stayed in beta for the longest time, but also one of the most pollished and amazing one yet.

Also a little idea for Wolfgang, but now that mightiness drop quite fast if our hunger isn't full, why not give the gembell a small speed boost like the thulecite club ? Since it's made with thulecite and is a late game item, this would allow Wolfgang to move arround the map with a small boost while not losing any mightiness.

Keep up the good work Klei, and give us more skins so i can give you my money, you guys earned it so much !

Edited by Mario172

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

All of these are good changes, but I’m not gonna lie, I was totally expecting the lureplant/end table cheese to have been listed in bug fixes here.

A change that makes no difference  for your gameplay. You should better priorize your expectations.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Every single hot fix is guaranteed to have at least one incredible change. Super excited for this update, gonna definitely be the best so far at this point.

• Like 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • GL Happy 1

36 minutes ago, skile said:

Very happy for Woodie's idols change! 

Also, it would be nice if we could read loading screen lore bits which we already saw in the compendium. 

Agreed! It's just fun to read all the bits of flavor text.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

Reduced the cost of the Clean Sweeper and Seawreath

The Seawreath cost change is fantastic! Though I still think there's more improvements that could be made. The Seawreath drains 63.84 sanity over it's entire lifetime(and that's assuming it's worn at all times, it's a perishable item so it still gets used up even when deequipped), while the 6 kelp(the new cost for the hat) can just drain an instant 60 sanity  when eaten + you're getting hunger out of it. It is a tiny bit better, since before this you could have just ate the old 12 kelp required for -120 sanity, but I still feel there's a tiny bit of improvement left. I feel if's cost was reduced even further, OR if it's sanity drain was increased to be -3.3 per minute, it would become a item that's worth using in gameplay. I can understand some people feel the seawreath is meant to be a "purposely" bad item, and that I completely understand, but even with the garland you're atleast getting something extra out of the craft, since you just picked 12 petals which don't have much other uses, so hey might as well make it into a garland, and you're atleast getting objective use, but with the seawreath, you'll be spending 6 kelp for just an extra -3.84 sanity drain and sacrificing a bunch of hunger along with the craft.

Those are just my thoughts though, :D

• Like 13