The Year of the Catcoon has arrived!

38 minutes ago, Earthyburt said:

I'm curious, what elements of the crafting UI could be improved? I've always thought the DST crafting UI was okay as it is, but maybe I am not familiar with the problems of the Crafting UI?

Hope we can edit the order of craftable items. I sure would love to leave the Bundle Wrap on top.

• Like 2

So uhh for Anyone who was Wondering: Kitcoon are Smaller than a Beefalo Doll.

8409593F-6E9E-48FC-9D72-B1AFB1A2154B.thumb.jpeg.bce7c089d25c40d3f8d25b11e041e3d3.jpeg

If Ticoon gets stuck trying to find a Kitcoon that’s on the other side of water you can Walk Into this dumb Ticoon to move him yourself around the water..

And When playing hide & seek with your Kitcoons if your world is cluttered like mine is.. they will also hide behind “Cawnival” structures.

2E2466AC-7D72-48D7-9067-BF644DEBEEF5.gif.fce31fe70ea34e0403970e71853b55f8.gif

1 hour ago, TrashLord said:

Has anyone figured out how the new Trade Inn minigame works? So far I've named the Kittykit, fed and petted 'em, and watched 'em fall asleep without a way to wake 'em up.

i think is a tamagochi, you need to keep the cat alive for the longer you can by feeding it

i couldnt find anything else, maybe there are some toys or bush that we need to unlock somehow

17 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i think is a tamagochi, you need to keep the cat alive for the longer you can by feeding it

i couldnt find anything else, maybe there are some toys or bush that we need to unlock somehow

somehow mine has been alive for 8 days already. Probably a bug.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Is this a teenage catcoon or what exactly are they?

I don’t know.. but if you follow him to help find Kitcoon and he goes into a Catcoon area then he will fight other Catcoons he is the same Size as Catcoon.. so I am assuming he is fully grown (I have a real orange cat that resembles a tiger)

You can “Attack” him for Meats too (not sure about other Catcoon related drops) Wendy even has a funny Quote when she hits him.

I love the attention to detail in these events, the quotes, the animations it’s fun.

But the IRONIC thing in this event is it uses features myself and others have been wanting in core gameplay.. Ticoon will point in the direction of Kitcoons- People wanted Vargling pet to help in this same way in finding hunt tracks.

Kitcoon playing hide and seek inside/around a variety of items also shows that DST could have random small mob encounters like SW/Hamlet had.

It’s far removed from what I expect out of the Dont starve franchise, but as long as Klei still delivers on that front later I don’t mind Hide & Seek with baby Kittens.

Ticoon & all the Kitcoon variations would have been cute as skin packs you could clean sweep Catcoon with.. and I would’ve totally bought that skin pack it feels a little weird for the game to suddenly have this larger species of Catcoon types that have unique shapes & colors but are limited to Ticoon/Kitcoon in the event.

Edited by Mike23Ua