The Year of the Catcoon has arrived!

1 hour ago, killuazoldyck66 said:

Hmm says there are 8 kitcoons, but seems the ticoon only finds 6. Just wondering if this means we have to find it ourselves? Or maybe its how far the ticoon is from the kitcoons? 

probably the last ticoon you hired is pointing for moon kitcoon thats why u cant find the rest 

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

How do I play the new mini game? I have sit in this screen for an hour randomly mashing buttons on my Xbox controller, I’ve exited and relaunched the game- Kitcoon just sleeps what’s the goal of this game? Lol help..

Eh from what I have seem you can only feed it and play with the cat.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, prettynuggets said:

probably the last ticoon you hired is pointing for moon kitcoon thats why u cant find the rest 

last kitcoon i got was from lunar island, but when i hire a new ticoon it says immediately that it doesnt seem interested in anything and doesnt point at anything

• Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

59 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

How do I play the new mini game? I have sit in this screen for an hour randomly mashing buttons on my Xbox controller, I’ve exited and relaunched the game- Kitcoon just sleeps what’s the goal of this game? Lol help..

i think that the game is like a tamagotchi, you feed the cat, you play with him, then it go to sleep, and in some days it will grow. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Szczuku said:

The skins look nice but I'll be honest- just from reading the patch notes, I couldn't be less excited for YotC.

The chinese events are really not hitting the spot for me.

Still, if Catcoon changes are here to stay past the event, just like Beefalo's, then at least that's something meaningful from this event

Have the tiger shark from SW swim in and make a cameo for this event or play hide and seek with kitcoons? The decisions klei makes continue to alienate me further from this game as i fell in love with the survival aspects but its lunar new year so i let people enjoy their minigames and hope the actual content updates do something for me ( judging by last year and the vagueness of the 2022 roadmap basically saying wait til 2023 i dont have high hopes)

• Big Ups 1

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

is like tamagochi/nintendogs take care of him for few seconds or minutes time to time

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bones Junior said:

We used trees and it was fine. Literally like 10 trees. Both birch and green

i tried with trees like you said but still not enough 
i build in empty land where no building nearby no tree etc .
i found out that 43 item is to hide is good enuf for it to play hide and seek
or maybe more i found the kitty hide in the old tree stump i chop from before 

Edited by prettynuggets
  • Sanity 1

5 hours ago, prettynuggets said:

i tried with trees like you said but still not enough 
i build in empty land where no building nearby no tree etc .
i found out that 43 item is to hide is good enuf for it to play hide and seek
or maybe more i found the kitty hide in the old tree stump i chop from before 

You need 3 or More Kitcoons to play Hide & Seek, once you have 3 they need to be bound to a Nursery (stand near to it and press the Return Home button on each Kitcoon) My world doesn’t have 43 items for them to hide behind, But they won’t wander off too far from the Nursery you assign them to. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You need 3 or More Kitcoons to play Hide & Seek, once you have 3 they need to be bound to a Nursery (stand near to it and press the Return Home button on each Kitcoon) My world doesn’t have 43 items for them to hide behind, But they won’t wander off too far from the Nursery you assign them to. 

i knew that mike. i knew how that works.
try build on empty land where no any structure around or any tree or anykind of plants ...
i ended up counting minimal structure that kitcoon can hide into to be able to play the hide and seek 
its not 43 but more than that cus i found out that some structure (that i didnt count ) can hide kitcoon like stumpt and lightning rod 

tips better use planted grass without fertilize em ... can easily see them hiding to farm those nuggets 

Edited by prettynuggets
gonna try count it better next time . i dont want them to hide outside the nursing area i build

24 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

The new Fantasmical Wood Fence, Sign and Minisgn shouldn't cost 450 spools each? I believe that's how much past homologous ones were valued at?! Sorry if I'm mistaking, I already have all of them so I can't check.

the gingerbread one cost 1350. i think is just based on complexity, the 450 ones are simple and just change colour from one to another

• Thanks 2