The Year of the Catcoon has arrived!

@JoeW I really hate to bother you, but can I get an estimated end date for the Year of the Catcoon event? I would assume it will end once the current beta goes live, but previous Year of the Events have expired without any sort of update replacing it.Or now with the changes done in that beta (being able to activate all the year of the events to always stay active all at once) will the Year of Catcoon event “End” at all this time?

I was just playing the beta earlier today and I can confirm the YotC is apparently still KINDA running...

march2022betaspringcamp.thumb.png.8589d417c7b2e234eddf02bd08a9021b.png

...because I legit found this fluffball out in "the wild", but...I had to _spawn in_ the Catcoon Shrine, because for the life of me I couldn't find it in the new crafting menu anywhere.  Not even under the "Everything" category.  So that's confusing.  : P

...Notorious

• Like 1

So the hibernation pouch...

What exactly does it do? Pause the kittens needs? Or slow it down only? And what it the criteria to get it? I have two friends playing DST that also take care of a kitten and neither of them has the pouch, even though one of them has a kitten much older than mine (mine is 17 days of as of now)

kitty.PNG

• Like 2

@ScottHansen I am not sure if this is the right place for it but I would really with for some more ways to interact with the kitcoon in the trade game :D

Maybe make it more tamagochi like? like adding a grooming/ brushing option, maybe adding a toy, just to see more of that cuteness :3 

And maybe you guys could make the cat noises louder? :D I have the music inside the settings on 1 and in the menue it's still so loud I can barely hear my cute Mausi purring when petting her :(

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Year of the Catcoon will be turned off with tomorrow's update.

Mr Scott Hansen I hate to bother you since your probably busy polishing up the final touches on tomorrows update but I just gotta ask-

You guys said tomorrows update will now allow the player to activate all previous Year of X events all simultaneously at the same time. So how is that going to work with turning off Year of the Catcoon?

Question:  Will our Beta branch worlds merge into the main branch, so we can continue playing them?

Also, do worlds that already HAD the Year of the Catcoon on them still have the hidden kitties in them that would've already spawned, or not?  That last one isn't as big of a deal, but I'm curious.

...Notorious

• Developer
1 minute ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Question:  Will our Beta branch worlds merge into the main branch, so we can continue playing them?

Also, do worlds that already HAD the Year of the Catcoon on them still have the hidden kitties in them that would've already spawned, or not?  That last one isn't as big of a deal, but I'm curious.

...Notorious

The beta saves everything into DoNotStarveTogetherBetaBranch
The main branch saves everything into DoNotStarveTogether
You can copy/paste cluster or cloudsaves folders between the two. For cloud saves, I'd suggest making a could save world the main branch so all the folders are set up correctly.

Kitcoons will remain when the Year of the Catcoon is turned off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2