The Year of the Catcoon has arrived!

Year of the Tiger!  (Aka, also my own Chinese Zodiac year as it happens.) You know what this means?

KITTY SPAM!!!

firecatcloserup.png.4dc732ad8452431e32a516bb29d5bb97.png

We have fire kitties...

oasiskitties.png.788966e9c2710b335041402c8075bf2a.png

...desert kitties...

jesuscat.png.6bf7673e68736f70791e318650112fc7.png

...sea kitties...

rainingandsnowing.png.1cc262213a76c2c956ef2492233b0da8.png

...snow kitties...

mintkitties.png.737d58cad55353f2546093a869fcdff4.png

...and even...mint green kitties?  Because why not, I guess.

That's all the elements taken care of, except "water" and "ice" are technically the same (the desert ones would be representing "Earth").  Well, you may have noticed _air_ kitties are missing.  I don't have those, but...

plaguedtrainwreck.png.0ab872ea3aa168d443f30979bd1c60d4.png

...would SPACE kitties be good enough?  :)
(pssst a pip catcoon skin would be so forkin' cute.  I know we already have the Glom-Glom Puft skin, but, c'mon.  ALIEN LEAF KITTY!  Also lol at the shinebug and pip hangin' out together.)

Oh, also someone was hella annoyed that it's the year of the TIGER and you didn't think to call her...

dstigershark.png.0698e1c96315ae15e920437bc74a2bbf.png
(with apologies to the Wiki; this is not my own screenshot)

So she sent her kids out of spite.

sharkitties.png.68d0e623b68bb8113721ec4bd2eadf22.png

(Should this have been in the Screenshot Showcase thread?  If you mean _as well_, then yes, it should!  ;))

Also, funny that the festival critters are called "kitcoons", when that's what we were briefly calling the actual pet kittykits, when we didn't know their name yet.  (I STILL think "kitcoon" would be a good name for those, and occasionally refer to my kittykit as that.  I also sometimes call my real-life cat a "catcoon", so you can't really go by what I say.  : P)

Don't have my Kittyshrine made yet, so this post is all just older pictures.  I'm'a build it in my main world, next to the Year of the Beefalo AND Year of the Carrat Shrines, and probably have to use that camera mod to show them all on one screen!  ;)  (Or maybe not.  We'll see.)

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Health 1

On 1/27/2022 at 10:55 AM, l0rdgumby said:

image.png

Oh-ho! Classic Klei, hiding it in the website code! Good catch, thanks for sharing!

@DaZoul You'll want to see l0rdgumy's reply, as well. The secret is not just in the Steam version.

Edited by Omninano
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m an idiot.. what does Craft UI mean?

goggle only pulls up this- https://umod.org/plugins/craft-ui

Which makes me even more confused.

the crafting menu (tabs and stuff inside the tabs) which makes me confuse because i think is perfect (and not a priority -.-) but maybe they are planning something very cool

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

i too dont understand what a change for the crafting ui is needed for, like, it looks all good, and the change is propably goin to confuse me more then anything else, LIKE THOSE WEIRD FLOATING HEATS IN CHARACTER MENU! like seriously, why was that a thing? it realy seemed like a bug to me, and instead of removeing it, its just an option,so weird that

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

the crafting menu (tabs and stuff inside the tabs) which makes me confuse because i think is perfect (and not a priority -.-) but maybe they are planning something very cool

Coming off the cusp of An event themed all around Cats, it would be hilariously ironic if the February beta lets me relocate the crafting/Inventory Menu from the bottom of my tv screen to the top so my cats can’t lay in the way of it anymore :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tomstah said:

Should catcoons try to kill ticoons? I feel like this is unintended :(
Ngl it was really sad watching to catcoons fight

It’s an uncompromising game, and it should remain to be an Uncompromising game even with silly little mini game events.

Here are a few examples: Ticoon should be protected by the player, it can be attacked and killed so you will want to kill things in its path before those things can kill it.

Kitcoons are EVIL.. (no seriously I’ve had them hide in an area with 4 Roaming Spider Queens all in close proximity to one another and the ONLY way I was able to get this Kitcoon was to wait until the Spider Queens reverted back into Tier 1 Spider Nests.)

Cats are territorial especially wild cats that aren’t house tamed and they will fight each other (Catcoons in game do the same)

Winter and Deerclops does not care about your Pet Nursey.. start freezing to Death and get your home Wrecked!

(Too bad you can’t whistle for all your Kitcoons to climb you and keep you warm like a living fur coat made of a swarm of Kitcoons)

Ticoon is also a Tiger, Tigers are meat eating predators.. it should probably even attempt to eat YOU if you don’t follow it/ fed it to keep it from getting hungry enough to think about eating you.

Edited by Mike23Ua

16 hours ago, Tomstah said:

Should catcoons try to kill ticoons? I feel like this is unintended :(
Ngl it was really sad watching to catcoons fight

Consistent feature, i assume they're using the default catcoon interaction. Befriended catcoons will attack/be attacked by any other catcoons normally.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

@ScottHansen

The lunar island kitcoon - Is it bugged for anyone else? It doesn't seem to exist for us... We've scoured every inch of the island and cut down every single tree etc - it just won't appear anywhere.

EDIT: I've tried to summon Ticoon on the lunar island of course, he says there's no more cats left to find...

Edited by Azamagon

32 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

The lunar island kitcoon - Is it bugged for anyone else? It doesn't seem to exist for us... We've scoured every inch of the island and cut down every single tree etc - it just won't appear anywhere.

Have you tried using the Ticoon? It should take you to it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

they added new vignettes

I was wondering when anyone else was going to catch that. 

(also seems they changed Abigail’s A.I. behavior.. she used to follow closely to Wendy now she can lag off screen again, but the baby Kitcoons also sometime have this problem too so probably isn’t just Abby..)

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I was wondering when anyone else was going to catch that. 

(also seems they changed Abigail’s A.I. behavior.. she used to follow closely to Wendy now she can lag off screen again, but the baby Kitcoons also sometime have this problem too so probably isn’t just Abby..)

That's normal, is just happen when you are going faster than her.