The Year of the Catcoon has arrived!

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i was about to launch my 4k world megabase to try the new event and create a new set piece then i just remembered that the only 3 catcoons dens i had were destroyed by klaus and bearger (also bearger destroyed the glommer's statue)image.thumb.png.33c59bc777651037cc12a3e0618ac528.png

Yeah I wish there was a way to build new ones like with pig houses and bunny hutches.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

Changes Summary:

• Added support for mouse buttons 4 and 5
  • Catcoons will now play with Cawnival decorations
  • Catcoons will now hold on to items they pick up (previously the items were deleted). 
  • Catcoons will now place items they collect in their Hollow Stump.
  • Survivors can now rummage through Hollow Stumps.

All this and no respawn mechanics for the dens themselves? The entire list of this content is permanently deleted from a world if (or rather when) something destroys the stumps (a clever griefer/agitated newbie with a hammer or a nearby bearger/deerclops usually the case when this happens). Or just make the dens themselves indestructible like the walrus camps for example. It's not that hard to do.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the more obvious way these get destroyed, which is Klaus as you can't entirely control its sack spawn location the very first few times. And if you DO decide to implement some way to maybe even just rebuild the dens ourselves please do not make it require some extremely difficult resource or cat tails themselves. No dens means no cat tails. I would just have them respawn/be indestructible and leave it at that, no hassle for anyone.

Edited by ZombieDupe
  • Like 5
  • Big Ups 1

3 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

what i expected after many suggestions about it and was waiting this event to have something to fix that

Awhile back ago when people suggested that dens/resources to be renewable I made a post saying that I felt that properly making sure your world doesn’t go extinct of mobs & resources should feel like part of the “Uncompromising Survival Mode” type of Gameplay.

I also went on to say that if your playing in another type of mode like Endless or through World Gen Toggles- Maybe you can “Change” these settings to choose rather things are renewable or can go extinct.

That post got a like reaction from one of the Klei Devs, so I am assuming that IF Dens were to ever become renewable they’ll consider both playstyles:

People who want resources to be renewable, And.. People who want to feel Punished for not properly caring for their World/Resources to make sure it doesn’t go Extinct.

• Sanity 1
  • Shopcat 2

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Awhile back ago when people suggested that dens/resources to be renewable I made a post saying that I felt that properly making sure your world doesn’t go extinct of mobs & resources should feel like part of the “Uncompromising Survival Mode” type of Gameplay.

i dont care that because i dont even kill them, 1 large meat per a mob that doesnt even hit you is stupid

i just want them beacuse they look cool. Sure, punish me for being dumb enough for not taking care of 3 dens (just 3 dens and now that i remember, 1 was destroyed by a lightning) but not for almost 5k days, is just dumb that there are no way to restore that

Just now, ScottHansen said:

Sorry, these should have been in the initial patch notes:

• Hollow Stumps will be retrofitted into worlds that have lost them all.
  • Hollow Stumps will respawn over time if they have been destroyed.

omg thanks!!!!!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Well.. now that Dens renew themselves AND you can recover stollen loots from rummaging their Catcoon dens.. I think me wanting Catcoons to actually “Steal” Wanda’s Watches out of her Inventory just sounds incredibly cute as a unique

“Wanda Exclusive Thing..” 

Im in love with the idea of having this huge cast of characters that each offer up their own completely unique way of playing the game, I also have actual house cats that “Steal” shining objects and then hide them under my couch, when they stop shining in the darkness of the couch.. they come out to steal another shining object (this is where all my spoons and forks go..)

Please consider this! I love Wanda as a character & these changes make it seem like it wouldn’t be a harsh crippling downside but rather a minor nuisance at best.

A Thread about Catcoons should TOTALLY have all Catcoon Related suggestions in it, Today is the Day of the Cats

Cats shall Reign as Supreme Rulers over the Constant.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

This is it Luigi!!!!

3 minutes ago, Earthyburt said:

I'm curious, what elements of the crafting UI could be improved? I've always thought the DST crafting UI was okay as it is, but maybe I am not familiar with the problems of the Crafting UI?

i dont even see what needs to be updated on the crafting ui too, seems realy good to me, the only way i think can be improved is to put some craft items into a differend tap, but thats not realy an ui thing

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Earthyburt said:

I'm curious, what elements of the crafting UI could be improved? I've always thought the DST crafting UI was okay as it is, but maybe I am not familiar with the problems of the Crafting UI?

Maybe will be better organized, more intuitive, separating all the Character-specific items in their respective tabs to be easier for bulk player-base at large as well, etc. There are lots of improvements that can be done, and occasionally re-balance some recipes too if need be via this next February QoL update.

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y
  • Like 2