Wanda lore

Here's a thread about her lore.

From the short it seems that she (for unknown reason) knew about and used shadow magic to go through time and space... and combat the side effects. This most likely caused her to become a target for shadow creatures/Them.

While trying to outrun them one day she broke one of her watches. Hastily she fixed it and (probably) accidentaly opened a portal to the Constant.

Either that or the shadow creatures were too close and influenced the watch.

Now as a survivor she has to deal with her 'unstable' bond to this realm and the shadow creature that is forever woven into her timeline

At least that's my take on the short.

Comment what you think/ what I might have missed/ stuff she reveals in-game

Compedium entry:

image.png.5fb9622f9027ac3b0caba7173be54bf6.png

Let's fricking goooo!

Okay, first thing to notice, the shadows REALLY want her. We used to see the other survivors getting into the Constant through making deals and being tricked, but we don't see anything like that with Wanda - the shadows are just after her for some reason. It might be, as before mentioned, that they eventually go after anyone, who plays around with shadow magic, like they did with Maxwell and Charlie.

What I find particularly interesting is, that, once in the Constant, her shadow turns into a hand again. This could mean, that They are still not satisfied with her being there and still have more plans for her, but the hand doesn't immediately grab her this time. I wonder if it could also be an indication for her having unknowingly become some form of help or vessel for Them and now she is carrying the danger right to the other survivors...

And of course, the Compendium entry mentioning that she has some sort of connection to the survivors is straight up insane in terms of tension. Is she connected to the Codex Umbra? Maxwell? Charlie? Wagstaff? Was she on the throne at some point in time? Will she be? 

Honestly I kinda feel like her seemingly importance is just a gag. Making fun of the trope of time travelers having great purpose and things to accomplish.

It would be super off-putting for some random addition to the roster to be so extremely woven into the lore otherwise imo.

3 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Honestly I kinda feel like her seemingly importance is just a gag. Making fun of the trope of time travelers having great purpose and things to accomplish.

It would be super off-putting for some random addition to the roster to be so extremely woven into the lore otherwise imo.

*cough* Wortox *Cough*

13 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

*cough* Wortox *Cough*

Wortox's importance and lore are so.... weird and kind of annoying to me. His character constantly shifts between 'Hyuyuyuy, what a fun prank that was!" to 'Yes I know everything about this place, for absolutely no reason.". Like... until Wortox happened Maxwell was considered one of the most knowledgeable characters in terms of the Constant and well... the one who mastered the shadow magic. Then Wortox came out of nowhere and said that Maxwell doesn't know how to use the Codex Umbra.

In terms of lore Wortox seems like those 'stupidly overpowered' characters you might've seen in other media. Something along the lines of 'the main character is a loser, but their friend is a powerful demon that could destroy the humanity with no effort. But they won't." That's Wortox in terms of lore- a hyyuyu character that somehow knows everything and refers to the others as 'mortals' (implying he himself immortal).

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

From the short it seems that she (for unknown reason) knew about and used shadow magic to go through time and space... and combat the side effects. This most likely caused her to become a target for shadow creatures/Them.

WAIT WAIT WAIT-

THEM are the Langoliers???

22 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

Walter's line is a bit out of place though

image.png.c4b01663bb2035051dc53799fb554d45.png

"Alright, so there's this guy... and he has a hook for a hand! But wait,  shoot... you're not supposed to know that yet... let me start over. So there's this guy, and he lives way out deep in the woods, making clocks. They say that he has a clock for every one of his victims... stopped at the exact time they take their last breath. You'll know he's coming when you hear the click... click... click... of his hook hand tapping on his watch... to let you know your time is up! ...But don't worry, the hook man can't get you out here! The only things in this forest are Beargers and Moosegoose and Hounds and Dragonflies and Treeguards... " - Walter's "CLOCKS" campfire-story

My best bet

im pretty sure dlc characters where not souposed to have part of the main lore but now this so what is it now? does wormwood have the key to the moon now? does wurt keep a dark secret away from the others that the others would not like to see? who is wanda realy?

16 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

im pretty sure dlc characters where not souposed to have part of the main lore but now this so what is it now? does wormwood have the key to the moon now? does wurt keep a dark secret away from the others that the others would not like to see? who is wanda realy?

i mean, she isnt really showing things very important lorewhise for now. its like with Wortox, both know lots of stuff about the constant we dont yet they dont talk about it, Wortox because hes a pure trickster and Wanda because "she doesnt have time for it", you can see it in a lot of her quotes that she doesnt say everything she could to the other survivors because shes in way too much hurry.

so yeah i think shes gonna be a bit of a half joke character both backstory wise like Woodie (both descriptions say theyre discret/dont wanna talk about it about it) and lorewise like Wortox (knowing but not talking)

Archived