Wanda Theory thread!

6 hours ago, JWalker1311 said:

In their post, they wrote "Its almost time to introduce" where the word time is in italics. It's not a coincidence. We have a time witch on our hands!

They did that with the new water logged biome and the word “chill” people jumped to conclusions we were getting some at sea arctic ice sheets biome or something :lol:

Realistically I don’t see being able to fast forward, rewind or pause time in a MULTIPLAYER game to be even possible.. because it would have to be done in a highly gimmicky manor if done at all, However what I would like is if one of her abilities was being able to befriend & use Catcoon to as her companions.. 

Like a little old cat lady: Maybe she can have them hiding in her large hair-bun or something.. I just think Old Lady Cat Keeper is one role the game hasn’t seen yet… and would be less technically difficult then pause/rewind/fast forward time.

Lets just provide an example of this aforementioned pausing, rewinding and fast forwarding of time and lets use Klei’s newest love project as the basis for this weird concept: BOATS! (Because everyone loves the boats & all the boating content involving boats right?? Don’t answer that..) 

Okay so you and your buddies are on a boat, you go to the new Water Logged Biome but Uh Oh you brought Wes & Walter with you and well those guys go insane fast! so now your being mauled by water strider spiders, Wes dies (because of course he does) Walters taken so much damage Wavy Jones spawns on the boat from his low Sanity, Wavy messes with your boat structures and smash you into a knobby tree the boat starts leaking and a Grass Gator falls on the deck with you.

Lets Rewind time! Where the game will literally have to go through animation frames in reverse of everything that just happened to restore you to a safe point.

My point here is… as much as I love Klei, pulling something like this off would take an actual Miracle if it’s going to be done at all.

Dont waste your “time” thinking your getting a time warping witch lady, I would be more likely to expect some beekeeper or something.. which seems way more technically possible then rewinding the above boat adventure in real-time for a server full of people to witness.

Not to mention: The extreme grieving potential having a single character that can control time itself would have: Oh did that really good Wes player just run away from and kill all those hounds then leave the room to take a bathroom break? Just aim Wanda’s time watch at the victorious Wes as he is away and watch his glorious victory rewind to the point of never happening, then when he returns to the game he finds himself dead to the very beasts he had already slain!

The TL:DR- It’s too complicated for multiplayer.. a character like what you guys are hoping for is better suited for DS Solo.

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

They did that with the new water logged biome and the word “chill” people jumped to conclusions we were getting some at sea arctic ice sheets biome or something :lol:

Realistically I don’t see being able to fast forward, rewind or pause time in a MULTIPLAYER game to be even possible.. because it would have to be done in a highly gimmicky manor if done at all, However what I would like is if one of her abilities was being able to befriend & use Catcoon to as her companions.. 

Like a little old cat lady: Maybe she can have them hiding in her large hair-bun or something.. I just think Old Lady Cat Keeper is one role the game hasn’t seen yet… and would be less technically difficult then pause/rewind/fast forward time.

Lets just provide an example of this aforementioned pausing, rewinding and fast forwarding of time and lets use Klei’s newest love project as the basis for this weird concept: BOATS! (Because everyone loves the boats & all the boating content involving boats right?? Don’t answer that..) 

Okay so you and your buddies are on a boat, you go to the new Water Logged Biome but Uh Oh you brought Wes & Walter with you and well those guys go insane fast! so now your being mauled by water strider spiders, Wes dies (because of course he does) Walters taken so much damage Wavy Jones spawns on the boat from his low Sanity, Wavy messes with your boat structures and smash you into a knobby tree the boat starts leaking and a Grass Gator falls on the deck with you.

Lets Rewind time! Where the game will literally have to go through animation frames in reverse of everything that just happened to restore you to a safe point.

My point here is… as much as I love Klei, pulling something like this off would take an actual Miracle if it’s going to be done at all.

Dont waste your “time” thinking your getting a time warping witch lady, I would be more likely to expect some beekeeper or something.. which seems way more technically possible then rewinding the above boat adventure in real-time for a server full of people to witness.

Not to mention: The extreme grieving potential having a single character that can control time itself would have: Oh did that really good Wes player just run away from and kill all those hounds then leave the room to take a bathroom break? Just aim Wanda’s time watch at the victorious Wes as he is away and watch his glorious victory rewind to the point of never happening, then when he returns to the game he finds himself dead to the very beasts he had already slain!

The TL:DR- It’s too complicated for multiplayer.. a character like what you guys are hoping for is better suited for DS Solo.

Have you ever played League of Legends? There we have Ekko, a time manipulating character in a multiplayer game. He does that by moving himself back in time and stopping time in a small area around him ("freezing" enemies in time). That could work in DST, alongside with some constructions/itens reparation perks.

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Diablo 3 has a spell from the wizard that allows him or her to create a time bubble in an area of effect where all things for the enemies move much slower, like projectiles and themselves. It’s also a third person multiplayer game. 

1 hour ago, Lil K said:

That could work in DST, alongside with some constructions/itens reparation perks.

This too.
And even wackier things could be done like: 

-Applying a time bubble to a specific area where normally pengulls and ice would show in winter, and make it winter for a day only in that area to get ice.

- Make summer for a couple of days over a farm field, for easier summer’s giant crops outside of summer

- Accelerate time over a beefalo herd so they regrow wool faster and reproduce. Or Volt Goats.

- Slow time over a dwarf star so it lasts longer

- Make a specific season on a small deep ocean patch so winter/summer fishes show there

- Make “savepoints” of herself that last a few minutes only in a specific place, so she can return there if she dies, gets hurt, or simply to teleport back there during that timeframe

- Create a bubble while on a ruins spot where it’s always nightmare phase, or it’s always calm phase.

Dunno, with proper implementation and balancing the possibilities are huge.

As she is holding a clock, and appraently she is fond of them, i imagine her sanity and abilities depending on the durability of it. Without maintenance she could slowly turn insane.

That would be a nice thing to add, constantly needing to take care of her precious artifact. It could also represent how much people tend to hold into their belongings/past even when in a new place like the constant. (Just like Willow still has Bernie)

This could have a similar mechanic yo Wurt holding fresh or dead Fish

List of things relatted to time:

- Petrification cicle

- Hound waves

- Death worm waves

- Crockpot cooking

- Trees, crops etc growing

- day, dusk and night

- Frog rain

- Hunger drain

- Mobs respawn( Spider den's, pig houses, merm houses etc)

- Glommer goop

- Moon cicle

- equipments drain

- Winnona's generator and G.E.Merator

- Woby monster form duration

- Flingo fuel drain

- Woodie's monster form

- Abigail's evolve time

- Wendy's elixir duration

- Wilson's beard

- Burn and smoldering time

- WX-78 sistem overload

- Sanity drain and recover

- Meteor rain

- Warly's seasons duration

- Time to lose agroo

- Tent hunger drain, health and sanity recover

- Eating, colecting and using animation

- Craft speed

- Charlie attack speed

- Chester and hutch respawn time

- Heat and cold speed

1 hour ago, Gold_Richard said:

Hear me out, all the other dst DLC characters are some type of monster in some way, so, wanda may be crabby hermit sister or even twin sister, and in her cinematic tell more about the crabby hermit lore

H.png.180b02fc9071273f8c712cd0eada681b.pngH2.png.a2deac082394706bb687e9e833b96114.png
F.png.73deb0278b2cf130fc67b577f0883c0b.pngF2.png.978b0b87a1b876ed39b23afe6ed7a3ba.png

Idk chief..

3 hours ago, Gold_Richard said:

Hear me out, all the other dst DLC characters are some type of monster in some way, so, wanda may be crabby hermit sister or even twin sister, and in her cinematic tell more about the crabby hermit lore

I certainly hope not.  A lot of people would prefer a human character.  Although they could make her related to Pearl somehow.  Possibly by saying that Pearl used to be normal and the moon mutated her or something.  But even then I'm pretty sure KLEI already stated that Pearl has always been a crab but I could be wrong.

Was it confirmed that she is some sort of witch? Otherwise for all we know, she could just be a clockmaker or a collector of antiques - that would fit so much nicer into the classic DS/T narrative than another human who practices literal magic. I personally love the mental image of an old, supposed crazy lady, who actually was on the brink of discovering some hidden knowledge while collecting piles of old clocks, dusty relics and other retro-looking curiosities

2 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

Was it confirmed that she is some sort of witch? Otherwise for all we know, she could just be a clockmaker or a collector of antiques - that would fit so much nicer into the classic DS/T narrative than another human who practices literal magic. I personally love the mental image of an old, supposed crazy lady, who actually was on the brink of discovering some hidden knowledge while collecting piles of old clocks, dusty relics and other retro-looking curiosities

From what I know it's just speculation.  But I would like to see your idea come to fruition of her just being a clockmaker.

Ok after stewing for a bit here are my theories/ideas

Like maybe they are a time traveler from the far distant future of the 60's (which accounts for the large updo and maybe the dress. Also they are definitely wearing an apron as well)

f52e2974fb52911e7892f19d71fb7e20.thumb.jpg.e01348ab32490466b0cadbc2c1414221.jpg

Also was thinking about those two odd curls on their hair, what if those are the ends of springs? And the springs are keeping their hair up??

silhouette_wanda.png.1ea7c46fb56ae2c22a1e3d8b0b26cf29_LI.jpg.b80d8002ad420010845c1929387d1165.jpgMainspring_Chinese_uncoiled.thumb.jpg.c80e56d1ab0087500db17271db56d8ca.jpg

The specific spring in question being the kind you wind a clock with

On 8/21/2021 at 5:51 AM, yinnyann said:

i see similarities from the following post and all the content posted on this thread.

omg I had a character mod idea with growing flower hair too...lol

Archived