Wanda Theory thread!

Maybe her whole time thing will revolve around the day-night cycle rather than time travel/manipulation.

I think it could be interesting if, for example, durring randomly chosen parts of the day she got a buff/debuff and could later craft an item that'd allow her to know when that's going to happen ahead of time

As a Wicker main, considering her the "witch" of the constant, I would hate for competition :P At least when I read books on something, the thing does not magically appear or happen LOL

All jokes aside though, I think some things mentioned in this Thread that she could affect with her time magic actually do sound like they could overlap with some other character's perks, specifically wickerbottom's (somehow affecting growth time of resources) so I highly doubt that this will be the case - after all I don't think Klei is just introducing Wicker 2.0 here.

If she will be able to turn back the time on burnt objects, effectively making them unburned again, I would love that. If we are getting a character that is able to memorize crafting recipes that are stationary, I would dig that too, but both of these, if there was nothing else to her, would make her one of the switcher characters, that you only switch to for this one task, then switch back.

If we are talking freezing enemies in time and be like a supporter type of character - I'd love for that. Still have to keep in mind that I highly doubt that Klei will have her overlap with perks of other characters but rather introduce something new. 

I’m going to say Wanda will probably arrive on the 14th of this Month, I’m also going to be highly upset if she gets abilities that would have been better fit for the SHADOW QUEEN herself (Charlie) there is a playable Charlie Mod out there in existence that looks like this: E323B1EE-165E-43B5-82D8-1F25CB30C03C.thumb.png.85ccd28cfabcc3cd3d02a8e605afabe8.png

I could go into a Multitude of reasons why Charlie should become playable but I’ll only provide 2 to avoid going too far off topic or into a TL:DR-

1: Dont Starve, Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked & Hamlet all shared one thing in common: Secret Unlockable characters through Gameplay- For DS Wes & Maxwell, For RoG- Webber, For Shipwrecked Woodlegs & Wilbur, & for Hamlet Wilba. The only game that DOES NOT follow this trend is DST.. and Charlie rightfully deserves to become unlockable same as Maxwell was in Solo DS.

2: Charlie’s seen in the starting animation of the game struggling with her emotions of if she wants things to be bright & pretty or dark & spooky, before settling on a middle ground- For simplicity sake let’s say there are ALOT of changes to content in the game she could effect such as: Turning Rabbits to Beardlings, Flowers to Evil Flowers, or Vice Versa.. literally having the power to manipulate the “stance” of objects in game like how when your low Sanity rabbits turn to beardling.

Now back to the actual topic..The things people are suggesting that  Wanda be able to do: I’m just going to be honest sound ABSURDLY BROKEN, and the fact that she is a DLC Character would make her feel like the games becoming Pay to Win, not to mention: the abilities people want for her step on the toes of characters who ALREADY should fulfill those roles.

I gave an above example with Charlie, but Klei has still yet to rework Wickerbottom who has been the residential “Merlin” of the group since 2013 being able to do all sorts of Harry Potter style witchcraft & Magic. I am 100% certain Klei won’t just overlook Wicker when it comes to her rework.. they already nerfed some of her abilities, so obviously they have to have cool stuff planned for when the time comes for her actual rework.

The Last thing people have suggested is the ability to rewind time on burned structures, which again.. is a perk more Suited for Winona because she’s literally a Mechanic with a huge wrench that fixes stuff and works at Wagstaff factory, not to mention there’s a lot of LORE behind Winona being Charlie’s Sister & close connection to Wagstaff.

If Wanda comes out and she feels like they just stripped already established characters of perks they should’ve had instead of Wanda, then I won’t like Her at all… But IF Wanda brings something NEW & UNIQUE to the table like for example being able to assemble her own steampunk clockwork machinations or something.. then I’ll absolutely LOVE her (probably)

I just really hate this concept of let’s add this new Wicker 2.0 instead of making Wicker herself more enjoyable…

But again Wanda isn’t out yet and Wicker hasn’t been reworked so really I have no right to judge that based on my own assumption of how I think she might play.

I guess in the end only “time” will tell. Pun fully intended ;) 

On 8/21/2021 at 7:51 PM, yinnyann said:

i see similarities from the following post and all the content posted on this thread.

Klei's new Time-Keeper Wanda might share the same name as my mod character, also wear glasses, and have some funky hair of her own, but unless her hair changes with her age she has nothing else in common with my mod character. If they liked the Burton-esque art I came up with and at least honoured me by using the same name in that sense, I'm flattered. I would have liked to see her wearing the same style glasses as Tim Burton wears, as with my Wanda, but that certainly doesn't matter. Otherwise, the character mechanics are totally different. I'm intrigued to see how this new Wanda will fit into the game.

so it's very late at night and I decided to make some speculations about Wanda so it might not make much scene:

Wanda's age gets higher the more time passes

The older she gets the better her mind is (experience) (maybe the sanity limit or sanity regen)

When she returns fallen survivors back in time to a point they didn’t die in the survivors have a limited time that when it counts down they die again (because time repeats itself) example: a Wanda returned dead Wilson 10 mins back in time, now dead Wilson has 10 mins to get a telltale heart or something that can revive him (maybe a Wanda special item)  before he dies again.

Wanda can teleport to somewhere she was before and it opens a bubble with black space in it that warps her back (shadow creatures)

A new shadow creature will be seen

When she "dies" she can't be revived regularly but only with something that can be crated from her remains

(All written here is in my opinion)

I think one of her new crafts could be a "Ancient Clock" of sorts that appears when very old, and if the normal clock doesn't have the ability to increase age then this clock will. I think (and hope) she'll be able to craft the shadow manipular from the start or have all the tier 1 magic crafts from the start, it just seems right and less annoying especially because you'll skip to the manipulator so no need for traps. I must of course end this by saying that what ever the character end up as I'm sure it'll be good.

TLDR: Shadow clock, and no hat machine.

Have a nice day!

From what I get of her description she has a unique way to revive dead players and she “may” constantly “lose hp” which would make her older.

It would seem that she will have several forms (like Wolfgang) being younger, middle aged and older probably each with distinctive characteristics, and it would seem that her elder form has shadow magic advantages.

I don’t have many clues what being better at shadow magic means really, would she maybe not get affected by the sanity drain of night armor and dark sword? Would she deal more damage with dark sword than an average player? Or would she just make these items last longer? Probably the latter since it’s the most balanced.

I also get that she can punch something that may function as a wormhole at will. Probably temporarily, or with X uses (perhaps single use) or something like that.

wanda_teaser.png.b80c5dfd1d34a63bc62906a35c588d6c.png.64a0fa8f88e95b466a404cbc1d4a6f18.png

What do you reckon is up with these flames though?

If I were to interpret, these may depict magic, possibly even imp- or maybe "pure"/"general" magic in contrast to the shadow magic the drew.. Red certainly is quite the magic color.

"Magical red, and yet it holds no power of use to me." - Maxwell, exam. Red Spore
Ssss.png.c2630af8ebb0fb64a46f7837ea6542c2.pngIcon_Magic.png.559a2a4fd1292428cfa0ac6429f061eb.pngObeliskImage2.png.8a642ac83bbb63f893093295904a8e6f.pngReanimated_Skeleton_Atrium2.png.5ac508163cd8f46c3884fd98e9988d1a.png

It may be too eager to wish for, but I hope she knows a bit aabout imps/imp magic (being a possible dimensional traveller herself). Maybe she even knew or met Wortox then; I'd love to see him in another short! 

I mean, imp-magic does look somewhat flamey too!
Yup.png.07f6b738d27713454776ca9277dd7870.pngPossessions_9_Wortox_eyes_glow.png.468a7df439a73e50aa76cc2404e1e596.png

Archived