Wanda Theory thread!

I predict she can stop time for a few seconds and then the item needs to recharge.

Maybe the ambience is a black and white old timey film. 

It would also would be cool if she could "rewind" durability, stats, and burned/destroyed structures. (I have a couple of catcoon homes I'd like to bring back.

I'd imagine recharging such and item would require green gems or such. 

At one point I thought it could be Warly's mama but apparently her name is Angeline? Oh well, guess she'll continue to starve. 

Just now, HowlVoid said:

I predict she can stop time for a few seconds and then the item needs to recharge.

Maybe the ambience is a black and white old timey film. 

It would also would be cool if she could "rewind" durability, stats, and burned/destroyed structures. (I have a couple of catcoon homes I'd like to bring back.

I'd imagine recharging such and item would require green gems or such. 

I think in diablo 3 the wizard has a spell, that casts a "bubble" and everything inside of it suffers a slowness in time, except the players. Something like that could work, without affecting the whole world.

Rewinding time of structures, items and even players could be neat too.

At one point I thought it could be Warly's mama but apparently her name is Angeline? Oh well, guess she'll continue to starve. 

5 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I think in diablo 3 the wizard has a spell, that casts a "bubble" and everything inside of it suffers a slowness in time, except the players. Something like that could work, without affecting the whole world.

Rewinding time of structures, items and even players could be neat too.

Oh yeah I forget this is a multiplayer game lol it would be really disruptive 

5 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Something like that could work, without affecting the whole world.

She could also maybe speed herself up while also increasing the drain on her stats as a result. 

Faster chopping, rowing, mining etc at the expense of faster hunger drain and sanity (when sanity drain is present)

20 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I thought of that exact same thing just a bit ago! Being able to set up "time bubbles" with her stopwatch could be a really neat thing. There's so much potential there in a game like DST.

can u imagine if it turns out thats actually not a pocket watch in her hand somehow.. :lol: In addition to cool abilities i also hope she'll have an interesting gameplay defining downside, thats the type of character i personally enjoy playing the most. 

59 minutes ago, Ohan said:

can u imagine if it turns out thats actually not a pocket watch in her hand somehow.. :lol: In addition to cool abilities i also hope she'll have an interesting gameplay defining downside, those are the characters i personally enjoying playing the most. 

well one of my friends say its a potato and her hair looks like vines but alsol says that way that the character is more farming based even if wormwood alredy exist for that

Just now, Ohan said:

In addition to cool abilities i also hope she'll have an interesting gameplay defining downside,

Absolutely! I'm hoping her downside has something to do with time around her going chaotic the more insane she is(food on her spoiling faster, hunger drain speeding up? Honestly both of those arent very interesting, but I do think there could be something really cool done with the idea of time going crazy when shes insane), I think something like that could be really interesting and fun if executed right. 

12 minutes ago, Ohan said:

can u imagine if it turns out thats actually not a pocket watch in her hand somehow.. :lol: In addition to cool abilities i also hope she'll have an interesting gameplay defining downside, those are the characters i personally enjoying playing the most. 

Yeah, a farmer or an "alchemist" (if it's a potion) are not stuff like like that wouldn't work, maybe the perks could be amazing, but it would be somewhat meh to get that again. I mean:

- The farmer character is Wormwood, 100%. And Wickerbottom also has interesting farms and plants related perks too.
- Potions are a theme that has been re-used a lot, Wendy recently got "potioncraft" perks, Halloween has potions, and Wilson is due to have something in that way from all his original artwork
- The Alchemist character, thematically, is Warly: gather ingredients and create buffs with them, in the form of foods. it's a much smarter way to introduce the mechanic.

The time manipulation mechanics would be something entirely new and unique. it's not like the above would be bad, but time based perks would certainly be more fresh. Also the "it's about time" in the points is the definitive hint IMO.

12 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Absolutely! I'm hoping her downside has something to do with time around her going chaotic the more insane she is(food on her spoiling faster, hunger drain speeding up? Honestly both of those arent very interesting, but I do think there could be something really cool done with the idea of time going crazy when shes insane), I think something like that could be really interesting and fun if executed right. 

Totally! Manipulating timers like the ones of fireplaces, rain, same with light sources... Maybe passive things like clothes durability... or even Charly attacking at daytime if she's insane.

Its a new concept to play around. :O
I just hope she is a challenge character and not in a meme way

1 minute ago, Wardin25 said:

Maybe in her shortcut she'll travel back in time to see WOODIE LORE

Hints to the past of the characters hidden on their quotes about her, or her stuff, would be priceless as well. Like Woodie saying "I wish she could bring back Lucy's true form" or webber saying "She said she can separate us. But we don't want to anymore"... just making stuff up but I mean, would be a nice way to add lore.

2 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Hints to the past of the characters hidden on their quotes about her, or her stuff, would be priceless as well. Like Woodie saying "I wish she could bring back Lucy's true form" or webber saying "She said she can separate us. But we don't want to anymore"... just making stuff up but I mean, would be a nice way to add lore.

honestly, if they go for that it could end up being a lore library

that hollow knight pfp guy and illuminati pfp would have a party and a half

It’s the grandma from hoodwinked.. But as far as stopping, fast forwarding or rewinding time… abilities like that are better suited for a SINGLE PLAYER Game which DST is not and therefore: Such ridiculous powers would seriously need to be handled in a way it effects all players and not just “Wanda” basically just go play Cronos in SMITE already…

The character either makes YOU move very slowly or appears to be moving very fast himself…

I highly doubt we’re getting a “time controlling witch” Dont set yourselves up to be disappointed guys.

4 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

image.thumb.png.985badaeba591324cfe6e7bf7e2230a2.png

Everybody keep saying watch (which I believe it is a watch or a stopwatch too) but how could a watch work for her?

It's not making sense to change day/night time and it's not that usefull I think.

It could be something like Prince Of Persia 2 for character, taking time to back for character, so you could roll back your mistakes you did. But it would be pain in ass to build it up on a multiplayer game.

It could be something make her act faster (lame)

I think another possible item it could be is a potion or intricate perfume bottle.

Polish_20210812_165400591.jpg.cafd8afa871f0423821bb06a199c5c13.jpg

Its very large kinda like a cap, but that could just be the art style.

Also remind me of the radar used to find the dragon balls.

Er- dragonfly balls. Wait that sounds wrong...

10 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I think another possible item it could be is a potion or intricate perfume bottle.

Polish_20210812_165400591.jpg.cafd8afa871f0423821bb06a199c5c13.jpg

Its very large kinda like a cap, but that could just be the art style.

Lady Smith, not parting with the booze

Archived