Jump to content

Can we talk about Walter's bee allergy for a second


Recommended Posts

seriously wtf is the point of this downside

all this does is force walter to cheese bee queen because all the non cheese methods become extremely impractical, do the devs have an allergy to skill or something

I legitimately wonder why this hasn't been removed yet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would have been nice if he had a perk towards bees or bugs in general (since he knows about them) in order to balance being weak to bees, something like:

Knows the weak points of bugs: deals 20-40% more damage to bugs (spiders and variations, bees and variations, Glommer, mosquitos, slurtles, snurtles, Dragonfly, lavae, Antlion)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Just-guy said:

It would have been nice if he had a perk towards bees or bugs in general (since he knows about them) in order to balance being weak to bees, something like:

Knows the weak points of bugs: deals 20-40% more damage to bugs (spiders and variations, bees and variations, Glommer, mosquitos, slurtles, snurtles, Dragonfly, lavae, Antlion)

ohh, now we are talking interesting ideas, I love it!

what if he starts allergic to all the flying bugs- Bees, Mosquitos and Fruitflies, taking even more damage from them than now- but by catching any specimen with a bug net, can craft an EpiPen, using which grants him a full day of significant resistance to flying bug damage. Seems like a cartoonishly exaggerated scout boy thing, to have nature allergies but medical knowhow to overcome them :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

which grants him a full day of significant resistance to flying bug damage.

i'd love to see how this works for bee queen in combination with the beekeeper hat. it'd be funny to see the kid with pest allergies become the best pest exterminator

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

I think I've had enough of combat perks

Honestly I gave up on balance altogether.

Not sure why but the devs just seem to keep pumping out content with very little regard to balance in the game. Its why i don't care for changing Wendy anymore and why I don't write wormwood suggestions anymore. 

They just keep kicking the can down the road, except the cans keep piling up. The enlightenment crown was the straw that broke the camels back for me and how the balance is all over the place, especially for Willow and Maxwell. I give up.

I still like to interact with the community and add my two cents every now and then though. Oh and the spicy, spicy memes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

Honestly I gave up on balance altogether.

Not sure why but the devs just seem to keep pumping out content with very little regard to balance in the game. Its why i don't care for changing Wendy anymore and why I don't write wormwood suggestions anymore. 

They just keep kicking the can down the road, except the cans keep piling up. The enlightenment crown was the straw that broke the camels back for me and how the balance is all over the place, especially for Willow and Maxwell. I give up.

I still like to interact with the community and add my two cents every now and then though. Oh and the spicy, spicy memes. 

Same thing with the character reworks. looks more like character buffs to me.
Please, where did the "every character has both pro's and con's" go?
And why does all characters have to have their own crafting tab?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, metallichydra said:

Same thing with the character reworks. looks more like character buffs to me.

Well you cant have a boss-killing sidequest adventuring game if you have all this confounding uncompromising survival that gets in the way. Turning the fan favorite wendy into a crutch machine and giving every character combat perks is simply their way of doing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, metallichydra said:

Same thing with the character reworks. looks more like character buffs to me.
Please, where did the "every character has both pro's and con's" go?
And why does all characters have to have their own crafting tab?

That is probably the point. To only make characters more fun and unique.

Somebody else has already said this somewhere else, but these are character refreshes, NOT reworks. They're either polishing clunky mechanics like followers to make gameplay smoother or giving them more unique mechanics to play with - most of which are buffs which don't need to be balanced out by making the character more unfun or negating buffing a weak character in some new way.

While I have no qualms against Wendy, I will note that her refresh is the only one I can think of does literally do away with her drawback in her lower damage, and even makes it a net buff with Abi's petals with teamplay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, MikoFanboy said:

his perks and downside are all over the place

Are they really? All the main things Walter can do revolve around his health-sanity link, that's why he's called the fearless.

The slingshot is makes Walter a ranged attacker, helping him avoid damage with the small trade off for slightly lower max dps.

The tent makes it easier to restore health and sanity at a cost of time, which is fair because he has trouble with all three stats but no issue for time with the speed boost.

Woby gives extra inventory space to make up for the three to five extra slots you need to carry the slingshot and ammo, as well as giving a speed boost which makes it much easier to use the slingshot without other players tanking for you.

The other effects are less connected, but also not super impactful on gameplay and just serve to add some more characterization. The tree and campfire sanity boosts and the bee allergy add some nice flavor that I wish other characters had to make them feel more like real people. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

Are they really? All the main things Walter can do revolve around his health-sanity link, that's why he's called the fearless.

They really aren't. Everyone says this because when they read his perks list it seems like a lot, but if you actually ever took the time to play Walter he feels simple in gameplay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This works with Walter. Takes some skill and planning, but is definitely not cheesing. Walter may need a few more perogies and some cooked cactus though.

The alternatives are to either use bunnymen while you slingshot, or play with friends. Or take a couple of hours of your time and just no hit slingshot her, there are videos on that, but that’s just painful.

If you want to bee queen day 5, Walter is just not the guy for it, get Wendy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, metallichydra said:

Same thing with the character reworks. looks more like character buffs to me.
Please, where did the "every character has both pro's and con's" go?
And why does all characters have to have their own crafting tab?

 

On 6/25/2021 at 5:51 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

the thing is that only the fan base uses the word rework. Klei call these characters updates a refresh and is what it is, weeber was refreshed and bringed new qol mechanics and few new spider mechanics

so ofc it wasnt a rework, is a refresh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, metallichydra said:

Please, where did the "every character has both pro's and con's" go?
And why does all characters have to have their own crafting tab?

I was about to write that too. When Winona was released her crafting tab was something new, exciting and exclusive (even if people were not huge fans of the spotlights). And it made sense. She is a mechanic. She likes to construct things. Now with every character rework involving a character-specific crafting tab Winona becomes less unique.

And a character should be as much about interesting downsides as boons, agreed! Slapping on character-specific crafting tabs for offering something "unique" and carrying out certain features does not feel like the right direction to go when it comes to making a character interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

seriously wtf is the point of this downside

all this does is force walter to cheese bee queen because all the non cheese methods become extremely impractical, do the devs have an allergy to skill or something

I legitimately wonder why this hasn't been removed yet

I legitimately wonder why people hate this so much and I think its a really unique and interesting downside, I love it and I hope it stays

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TemporarySolutn said:

I legitimately wonder why people hate this so much and I think its a really unique and interesting downside, I love it and I hope it stays

10 damage that pierces through armor that you can’t counter. Makes fighting bee queen legitimately a pain and serves no purpose in accordance with Walter’s other perks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...