What do you consider your "niche"?

Your niche  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What do you consider yourself good at?

• Combat/Boss Battles
    • Base building/design
    • RWYS farming
    • Creating other kinds of farms
    • Exploration
    • Playing a specific character (feel free to specify)
    • Understanding and interpreting lore
    • PvP
    • Dying (why)
    • Other (feel free to specify)

i think it's apparent that everyone has skill in (at least) one area of the game they consider themselves experts in while they might not know much about other parts of the game, and i'm pretty curious about the spread of said expertise on the forums

for the sake of this poll, i ask that you pick the one skill you think you're the best at, even if you consider yourself good in multiple areas 

and p.s. if you got any cool tips based on the option you picked, please share them. would love to see

Immersing myself in the game to the point I have to wake up after playing to function in the actual world.

And having DST dreams. I spent whole night playing Forge in my sleep. No, we didn't win. 

I can see why some people call this game a time management simulator. There's an innate difficulty with trying to accomplish minor milestones all throughout the year. 

I'm good at staying on a schedule as in killing DF before winter, finding klaus' sack on time, etc.

I wish I had this skill IRL lol. 

The poll question is really confusing.. Maybe you meant "What activity do you enjoy more?"

But as for tips in a specific area (farming): you can never go wrong with Potatoes + Tomatoes combo in any season as crops will always give at least 1 veggie and 1 seed; also i recommend making more farm plots away from the main one for "gambling" with regular seeds and making a weed farm (forget-me-lots for free tea sanity; tillweeds for discount jelly beans), also you should stockpile gathered seeds in an ice box

Dying is definitely my strong suit.  I'm super blonde and usually forget something making everything hit the fan at some point.  I'm also pretty good at deleting every world passed the first year.

I chose base building but i would have chosen beefalo domestication/combat if i could :-).

Rushing an Ornery days before the first deerclops of the world arrives is a lot of fun for me and ive gotten quite proficient at it. As Wormwood specifically. I cant imagine playing Wormwood without a beefalo anymore theyre the perfect match and it makes the gameplay a lot more interesting for me. 

I guess I'm a jack-of-all-trades kinda guy. I suck at fighting a bit, I suck at base building a bit, I'm not a really good at playing any characters either.
I guess the thing I'm best at is knowing the contents of the game. I read the wiki constantly all the time. Probably more than a lot of people. So if you ask me a question about the game I'll probably we able to answer it.

Now I wouldn't say lore as in stuff that Zeklo rocks at, but I do constantly (heh) find myself thinking about what living in dst and actually experiencing it would be like.

That instead of chasing a Koalefant to the edge of the map you'd throw a rock at it. Or that after befriending her Pearl would invite you to her home for the night. Stuff like that.

Solo Maxwell main here to represent

Playing this character is just what I do, I base most of the stuff I do around nightmare fuel, and my workers. Learning to handle bosses that all oneshot you, and learning to manage low Hp is super fun. I just kinda play the game solo, which I guess makes me good at him

Archived