[Game Update] - 458469

So Wes has not been taken to Constant by Maxwell? But Maxwell's quote on Wes is "He displeased me".

EDIT Ok, it looks like Wes has been taken by Maxwell to Constant in the place of this guy and that made Maxwell angry and he trapped mime in the Adventure Mode.

Edited by inferjus4

NOW HOT DAMN!!

That was a short alright!!
Goodness me, I never expected to see Gorge Witherstone himself! Never ever would've expected that!
It's insane, it all fits together, Wes took Witherstone's spot so obviously Maxwell, who had a vendetta against him would be infuriated. 

• Like 1

Honestly, this is amazing. I dragged my mom to watch the short with me and she loved it too! All the hidden little things in the video are amazing, especially the moment Wes is trying to walk on rope just like back in circus! And the gramophone in the dude's room! And crows that he brought to the constant! And the guy is actually the person that drove Max into debt! And crepes! And just... Everything! I'm so hyped I'm gonna burn through all my sugar reserves in the next hour htjejdjnfhrd seriously you people are amazing

• Like 3

Maxwell examining Wes: "He displeased me." 

I think it is canon that Maxwell was trying to get the guy on the portal into the constant, but Wes pushed him and guy managed to run away. 

Not to mention that the guy KNEW he was being drawn into the constant, as we can confirm by his facial expressions.

This is certainly why Wes "displeased" Maxwell, and Maxwell trapped Wes (as we can see in adventure mode).

Also we can assume Wes not being able to talk is not a curse or something. He either chooses to not talk or has a disability. 

Screenshot_20210401-205501.jpg

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

More lore about the mysterious guy :

lore.png.daad19b35043f5f722dc55e0952ba12b.png

He met the shadows? Maybe a first reason why Maxwell want him.

@GentlemanFridge

You're first image is from this trailer?

Makes me wonder if they might be the makers of the codex umbra or at least their family was. 

Nightmares might have taken a small opportunity that came to the world in the past but cannot stay long due to restrictions. Then their family saw it, got inspired or manipulated and spread its influence throughout the world using the family members Creations, radio, codex, ponograph. Thus slowly kidnapped the survivors 

so i am guessing maxwell is indeed the one who gave wes his black eye? he doesnt seem to have it in the short

also while i will miss 113 i am happy that his stats are a lot closer to how i usually play him in solo(50/100/50). aaaam going to say though they missed out making him 77/77/77

Edited by gaymime
unlucky
  • Like 2

I just noticed that after the foreign man almost been kidnapped by the nightmares , he seems to forget nor remembers it, just a little puzzled so maybe the nightmares erase part of his memory about the meeting with the nightmares to prevent him from recording down/sharing his meeting with the nightmares. Probably so that the nightmares can stay hidden in the shadows and not exposed. 

Which suggest on of these 2 things,

1) The nightmares are trying to stay unnoticed and continue to act in the shadows to not alert its existence to the people of the world 

2) The nightmares are trying to Hide from something, something that can threaten its existence once it is exposed since I doubt any people can fight back or threaten its existence with its unworldy powers

Soo, to sum up all people's lore discoveries so far:

Wes is a really kind person with a lot of bad luck. Maxwell was trying to pull George Witherstone into the Constant, for we can see this name later on his letterbox. Witherstone sells magic props. Maxwell used to buy from him for his stage shows but was in debt and couldn't pay him, so maybe it was a personal thing where he thought, repaying high charges with eternal doom would be a fair revenge. We don't know yet what Witherstone's motives for making a deal with Maxwell were, but judging from his disappointed facial expression when Wes ruins his ritual, he partly knew what was going on, maybe it was something about helping his daughter. Maxwell most likely was "displeased" with Wes, because he wanted specifically Witherstone, not him. Maybe it was revenge, but maybe Witherstone also knew something valuable about the shadow creatures, since he has a picture with a shadow watcher in his room.

We also know now, where the crows in the Constant come from (which Maxwell always wondered): Two were pulled into the portal with Wes.

• Like 3

I know the man was revealed to be George Witherstone, but I swear that the fact that this took place in France, his face design and that he had magical props made me think he was actually a young Georges Méliès. Wouldn't have added anything to the lore but it would have been a fun reference to the French film maker (who was basically an illusionist and stage magician)

Georges Mélièsimage.png.b8bc2bc9944b74b93cc6fa14f55d6167.png

Edited by Strampunch
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1