[Game Update] - 458469

Wes should be able to walk on water while the speedy baloon is at max floating, sinking when it goes bellow 66%. It would be highly risky to explore anything on water while doing so, but a cool trick and way to jump small gaps early. Slightly broken, but won't that be fun, esp paired with his life vest in case you don't get back in time?

• Like 9
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 2

1 minute ago, BeeClops said:

Wes should be able to walk on water while the speedy baloon is at max floating, sinking when it goes bellow 66%. It would be highly risky to explore anything on water while doing so, but a cool trick and way to jump small gaps early. Slightly broken, but won't that be fun, esp paired with his life vest in case you don't get back in time?

I actually like that idea. Semi-useful, like all his other perks! 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, TemporarySolutn said:

because it was less of a rework and more of changing a few values, they could have made that in like 10 minutes

1) It's not a rework. It is a refresh. It generally means, adding more stuff, while somewhat keeping his themes, difficulty and playstyle.

2) How could they made in in under 10 minutes? Being magnet for hounds must've taken much longer alone. Plus the animated short and all the skins are part of the refresh too. The refreshing is a whole process, not only changing few values. I think they changed his bio as well. Only coming with the ideas for the value changes must've taken more people and more time than 10 minutes. And changing those values itself probably took more time as well. Dude, do you know how much 10 minutes is??

3) Not to mention 4 new items -_-

4) Did you read the same post i did?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

1) It's not a rework. It is a refresh. It generally means, adding more stuff, while somewhat keeping his themes, difficulty and playstyle.

2) How could they made in in under 10 minutes? Being magnet for hounds must've taken much longer alone. Plus the animated short and all the skins are part of the refresh too. The refreshing is a whole process, not only changing few values. I think they changed his bio as well. Only coming with the ideas for the value changes must've taken more people and more time than 10 minutes. And changing those values itself probably took more time as well. Dude, do you know how much 10 minutes is??

3) Not to mention 4 new items -_-

4) Did you read the same post i did?

the items were the only thing that would have took a while because they needed to draw them

obviously I can tell you have no idea how to ******* code lmfao its so painfully obvious because all you need to do is change one line and now wes has lower health, add a line or two and now he gets hit by lightning more often, I mean its really funny how everyone assumes 1 change would take super long amounts of code

especially when its their game and they could code **** in way faster than most people could due to their understanding of it

obviously it would have taken longer than 10 minutes but it really would not have taken very long, especially not for a team of people, like god damn just think

Edited by TemporarySolutn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TemporarySolutn said:

obviously I can tell you have no idea how to ******* code lmfao its so painfully obvious because all you need to do is change one line and now wes has lower health, add a line or two and now he gets hit by lightning more often, I mean its really funny how everyone assumes 1 change would take super long amounts of code

Make a youtube video and under ten minutes you show us how the klei devs do it.

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

6 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Make a youtube video and under ten minutes you show us how the klei devs do it.

henno everyone today i will be showing you the scripts folder

I don't work for them, I don't know exactly how they do it, but I can look into the code and see the one line changes that I already know how to do

really the only thing that is actually cool is that instead of just making extra code in wes, they added functions/components that anyone can use like efficientuser

• Shopcat 2

29 minutes ago, TemporarySolutn said:

the items were the only thing that would have took a while because they needed to draw them

especially when its their game and they could code **** in way faster than most people could due to their understanding of it

obviously it would have taken longer than 10 minutes but it really would not have taken very long, especially not for a team of people, like god damn just think

Is always funny to see a frustrated kid saying bad things about the work of others. I hope you have a work and nobody critics it without sense instead of being an unemployed dorito kid.

Being like this in every topic doest make you look more interesting or intelligent. Just make others feel pity about you 

Changing numbers doest take long but deciding which number and how much it is changed takes tine, deciding desings and which ones are included takes time, adding new funtions to make new perks work takes time, etc etc etc etc 

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Haha 2
  • Shopcat 3

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Is always funnt to see a frustrated kid saying bad things about the work of others. I hope you have a work and nobody critics it without sense instead of being an unemployed dorito kid.

Being like this in every topic doest make you look more interesting or intelligent. Just make others feel pity about you 

Changing numbers doest take long but deciding which number and how much it is changed takes tine, deciding desings and which ones are included takes time, adding new funtions to make new perks work takes time, etc etc etc etc 

your right man i bet it was so hard for them to say "lmao lets make all of his stats lower then any other" im sure they REALLY had to consider the balance there

I would love for one of the devs or a competent modder to tell me otherwise, id rather look like an idiot then believe something that isnt true

• Sanity 1

12 minutes ago, TemporarySolutn said:

Right I'm sure this was a huge project for them, it must have been really hard to implement this, I'm truly grateful for such a game changing update

God

To nerf a character you also have to considere how much and how people will react to it because, spoiler alert, this is a bussiness and every decision affects it in a positive and a negative way

but i dont believe you will understand this and you will keep your nonsense like in every topic

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

God

To nerf a character you also have to considere how much and how people will react to it because, spoiler alert, this is a bussiness and every decision affects it in a positive and a negative way

but i dont believe you will understand this and you will keep your nonsense like in every topic

how dense are you, they could nerf it as much as they wanted to, its Wes, its an April fools joke its not ******* meticulously crafted to make sure its the perfect experience, they ******* joked on the joke character every time you respond you make yourself look like a even bigger clown then wes and hes not even a clown

Just now, TemporarySolutn said:

how dense are you, they could nerf it as much as they wanted to, its Wes, its an April fools joke its not ******* meticulously crafted to make sure its the perfect experience, they ******* joked on the joke character every time you respond you make yourself look like a bigger dumbass

You really ought to see someone about your obsessive repulsive disorder.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, TemporarySolutn said:

how dense are you, they could nerf it as much as they wanted to, its Wes, its an April fools joke its not ******* meticulously crafted to make sure its the perfect experience, they ******* joked on the joke character every time you respond you make yourself look like a even bigger clown then wes and hes not even a clown

You are suppose to cook the green mushrooms before eating them

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

You are suppose to cook the green mushrooms before eating them

and now you are supposed to say "april fools, i was only pretending to be a clown"

got da real mike 2.0 right here

• Wavey 1

6 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

You really ought to see someone about your obsessive repulsive disorder.

I'm just surprised that people keep engaging him in a serious manner. Either trolling or some major personal issues, either case not someone you'd want to discuss things with, even if he can be entertaining sometimes; I agree that the Wes changes we're easy to implement tho.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

1 minute ago, BeeClops said:

I agree that the Wes changes we're easy to implement tho.

Yeah, and I don't see the problem with that. He is definitely a lot more interesting now, compared to his old self. And at least they can continue work on the final Return of Them update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

I agree that the Wes changes we're easy to implement tho

I was expecting more like the unimplemented armor and sword shown in the concepts but there is ways to say it. It has potential for being a challenge but fun and cooperative character

You are right, is better to ignore this kind of broken inside people

• Shopcat 2
  • Big Ups 1