[Game Update] - 458469

32 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

Yeah, and I don't see the problem with that. He is definitely a lot more interesting now, compared to his old self. And at least they can continue work on the final Return of Them update.

Derived from me saying I hope this didn't count as one of the three reworks 

19 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Oh Klei and your lore holes~

So crows were accidentaly sucked into the Constant with Wes? Then how come Wagstaff observes (and Woodie suspects) that crows we see in-game are just some creatures that resemble crows?

I hope we get a clear answer to the birds' arc someday

in the video, only 2 crows were sucked into Constant with Wes

but there are like.. a million of crows in the Constant :v

so maybe be the crow Wagstaff and Woodile were talking about is a different crow?

2 hours ago, MikoFanboy said:

in the video, only 2 crows were sucked into Constant with Wes

but there are like.. a million of crows in the Constant :v

so maybe be the crow Wagstaff and Woodile were talking about is a different crow?

Uh... Did you ever hear about Noah and the Ark? :D

12 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The letter to William is probably written by the mans daughter considering the spelling and grammar errors.

It's also worth noticing, that the money Maxwell owed him was around 7 or 9 pounds (dollars?), which doesn't seem like a number that would make you threaten a person. If you take that, the spelling errors and the different handwriting into account, it would make sense to believe the daughter wrote this. Maybe Witherstone was in financial trouble himself and she caught onto that and this was her way of trying to help her dad.

• Like 5
  • Health 1
  • Shopcat 1

I like overall change. Wes should be a challenge while not became direct burden to the server. 
Tho I don't like how he's less efficient at mining, chopping, and hammering. Even it need 1 more action per rock/tree.
This is just annoying, not challenge. Not sure if less durable consume will even make up for it.
But at least it's better than hunger drain increase I guess. 

8 hours ago, BeeClops said:

Wes should be able to walk on water while the speedy baloon is at max floating, sinking when it goes bellow 66%. It would be highly risky to explore anything on water while doing so, but a cool trick and way to jump small gaps early. Slightly broken, but won't that be fun, esp paired with his life vest in case you don't get back in time?

Oooh, if this comes real mining salt would be much more easier, strident trident + Wes + lazy forager

Edited by HeatAndRun

5 hours ago, MikoFanboy said:

Then how come Wagstaff observes (and Woodie suspects) that crows we see in-game are just some creatures that resemble crows?

Probably because they simply don't know that the crows are from the real world. All of the other animals seem foreign to the real world and only indigenous to the constant (like the rabbits with antennae). This actually might suggest that Woodie and Wagstaff (thus, Winona too) arrived in the constant quite some time after Wes did. If they had arrived earlier, their quotes might have mentioned that the crows just started showing up out of nowhere one day or something like that.

• Sanity 1

Definitely going to change things up a bit on my challenge server and the short was amazing as usual.

Im not trying to come off as rude but hopefully this wasn’t 1 of the 3 reworks? Feels more like an update(Like wickerbottom book or wormwood with reap what you sow) than an actual refresh. 

Still makes me want an animated series or cartoon with DS

33 minutes ago, xDarkSoul18x said:

Definitely going to change things up a bit on my challenge server and the short was amazing as usual.

Im not trying to come off as rude but hopefully this wasn’t 1 of the 3 reworks? Feels more like an update(Like wickerbottom book or wormwood with reap what you sow) than an actual refresh. 

Still makes me want an animated series or cartoon with DS

It checks all the check marks to be considered a Real Rework-

New Animated Short, New Skins, New Belongings, all existing skins become weaveable, updated Bio description in the Compendium & New Idle Animation.

The “Not Yet Reworked” characters don’t have Idle animations & their bio description reads as “Their Past is yet to be revealed” Even Wilson and Maxwell who have the most lore of all characters.

So yes this counts as a REAL Rework, and personally I’m loving it.. could use minor tweaks here or there but ultimately fun.

Wes needed hunger/health/sanity stat Nerfs- if he wants to still hold any right to be considered a challenge character those Nerfs are justified now that he has speed boost balloons, and a Balloon that literally restores Sanity when you stand in its confetti party.

I still hope they consider letting speedy balloon float over small gaps of water... that would be pleasant- but other than that, I actually enjoy Wes’s rework far more than I did Wigfrids who just felt lazy & extremely rushed to me.

I’ll probably always dislike the Wigfrid rework because even her animated short teases abilities like dodging & spear throwing that she didn’t actually get. :( 

Oh well, Wes is Best! (Next to Wendy & Willow so far for me in terms of Reworks)

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

Ok I know everyone's talking about Wes and all that fun stuff, but I need to mention that the spawners still don't work properly! Specially the ruins spawners. Not a single monkey spawns unless you hammer their pods. And shadows creatures also don't spawn unless you're near their spawner when the nightmare phase begins. This also applies to spider dens and bats spawining from caves. If you're not near their spawners when dusk comes, not a single one appears.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 8:58 PM, fierysage1 said:

Probably because they simply don't know that the crows are from the real world. All of the other animals seem foreign to the real world and only indigenous to the constant (like the rabbits with antennae). This actually might suggest that Woodie and Wagstaff (thus, Winona too) arrived in the constant quite some time after Wes did. If they had arrived earlier, their quotes might have mentioned that the crows just started showing up out of nowhere one day or something like that.

Wes definitely arrived before events of DST, and most likely before Wilson. He can be found during Adventure Mode, and as we know it takes place before Maxwell is freed from Nightmare Throne. There's no evidence to support next claim I will make, but I think it is safe to assume that Wes was one of the first to arrive. Maybe Witherstone was Maxwell's first target, out of spite, who knows?

On 4/2/2021 at 12:00 AM, .lemonti said:

Screenshot_2021-04-02 google translate - Google Search.png

I asked one of my French-speaking friends about this, and they mentioned that the phrase "C'est la vie" is more likened to the phrase "That's life" in English, in a nonchalant manner. Like, it's the same thing as saying "Oh well, too bad. That's life."

6 hours ago, Maslak said:

There's no evidence to support next claim I will make, but I think it is safe to assume that Wes was one of the first to arrive. Maybe Witherstone was Maxwell's first target, out of spite, who knows?

Ooh, I think both of those are possible. But I'm curious, was Wes taken before or after Wigfrid? Because we know she wasn't the first one to disappear, although she was among the first few (as indicated by the newspaper headlines in her animation). I don't know if anyone has yet made a rough timeline for the speculated/possible timeframes in which each character disappeared, but that would be an interesting thing to create.

• Like 1