[Game Update] - 455433

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

But now- it’s like you try to perform an action (such as eat seeds) and your character stands there with their hand over their mouth for a good few seconds in sort of an “Opps” Pose before they eat.

That is the pre-eating animation in loop.

Mike, you have played the game way too long for you not to know this.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

If it actually worked.. yeah- But I’m pretty sure Klei wanted to get it out so more players can start reporting bugs (pc can only report pc bugs, Console will have its own nasty ones rear up later) and right now-

Game is near unplayable, I would report bugs if I knew what was causing the issues-  I was able to spot the Tragic Torch skin crash because I only crashed while using that particular skin.

But now- it’s like you try to perform an action (such as eat seeds) and your character stands there with their hand over their mouth for a good few seconds in sort of an “Opps” Pose before they eat.

Reveal hidden contents

79B18A95-A7DB-44B6-A073-E4BD8923EA7D.thumb.jpeg.f44a525c9e83ec4685f6e7d1195f0f8b.jpeg

If this bug somehow leads to us getting an ACTUAL “Oppsie” emote then it will be worth It!

thats called lag

8 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I'm fairly certain said pre-eating animation isn't supposed to last "a few seconds". I'm pretty sure Mike's claim still holds up.

It's likely that it's just lag, but it may be an actual bug

Edited by DrMcGillacactus
My stupidity knows no bounds
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

It still shouldn't be happening though, I've never had eating, attacking, opening containers and whatnot result in almost unbreakable loops.

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

Oof.  I played the beta and it had problems at first (BIG ones, but _different_ ones) and after those were fixed, it was more or less working normally! And I was on a world with like 13 mods, too (a lot of them cosmetic, but still).  I wonder why it suddenly has all this lag, when before in the beta I, on my potato-y old computer, was able to move and do things just fine...?

(For a bit there in the beta, there was this thing where you couldn't interact with any resources!  Space bar AND direct clicking did nothing.  You could pick up things that were lying around loose (such as seeds, or petals from an already-picked flower) and use stuff already in your inventory, but that was it.)

Whatever is causing this, I hope they get it fixed soon.  I haven't even TRIED opening any of my old worlds yet. I have the strong feeling that even after the current actual bugs are fixed, some part of the _intended_ new code will clash with some part of the world or a mod I was using, and those saves will be tanked.

...again.

Sigh.

...Notorious

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Come on now, he was describing how the animation looks in a silly way. There's no reason to assume he doesn't actually know what the eating animation is and immediately try to epicly own him over it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Pablousse said:

Hi guys what is the "crafting button"?

left click

57 minutes ago, Mthestarver20 said:

How long will the wormhole skins be on for?I really need those ...

until next update probably, but theyre not loyal so you can weave them anytime

• Like 3

KLEI YOU CANT DO THIS TO ME WURT LOOKS SO CUTE AUUGHUGUH MY HEART.

But also thank you so much for adding these quality of life updates. It makes me so happy to see you guys so devoted to the game to keep it running and continuously shove free updates into it for like years now. The skins all look wonderful, and its a joy to see all of these small changes to make things easier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i wish klei added it as a mob that can be read as the bestiary that many people want

And that would make sense--in the original context, it was called "The Monster Book of Monsters", after all.

Well, I just got the hotfix update, updated my mods that needed it, and then (crosses fingers) tried to open my very oldest world.  The 2019 one.

And HUZZAH!! it (gasp!) WAS ACTUALLY OKAY!  Mods 'n' all!  (Although I know now not to try the new farming with "Pickle It!" activated, until that gets fixed.)  I went by my pig village "Funkyton", said hi to Mama Goose where she had knocked down the entire west fence (sigh), then went down to my museum area and it FINALLY turned summer (it was a long-ass spring.  Like, _every_ time I logged in and played a little bit, for a good while, it was spring) right as it was still raining. So I took a screenshot of the summer storm.

summerrain.thumb.png.5a663a6997374acc90f901c626fc3d29.png

(although apparently the new summer sunlight made Willow wince.  Even with the clouds.  Whatever.  : P  Shut up, kitty, I'll give you a cooked cactus in a sec.) 

No lag so far, no weird animation loops, nothing broke, not even mods...for the moment it all seems okay.  I am frankly amazed.  And this is an old AND Huge world with rot and sticks and whatnot cluttered everywhere.  Also 15 mods.  Seems fine so far...

...Notorious

• Like 1

Hi,:confused:

Ive update my world on a Linux dedicated server but now it doesn't work anymore. I attached the server log here. seems it cuz of memory but the server has 2G memory and with previous version it only used 1.4 G of that and ran smoothly.

Help me!

log2.txt

I've tried logging in several times. I must be missing out on the wormhole skin box. Not a complete loss though as weaving the skins says it will only cost 150 spools per wormhole skin. Just find it odd I never had mine dropped.

@zarklord_klei For some reason my already updated automatically 11 times server says it's still running 455433 while in fact it's 455818. Could you guys check out what's wrong with the wrong versioning numbers? Thanks!

Here's the log from like 1 hour ago when server "updated" last time.

[00:00:00]: PersistRootStorage is now /home/steam/.klei//DoNotStarveTogether/MyDediServer/Master/
[00:00:00]: Starting Up
[00:00:00]: Version: 455744
[00:00:00]: Current time: Sat Mar 13 15:00:39 2021
[00:00:00]: System Name: Linux
[00:00:00]: Host Name: Delta
[00:00:00]: Release(Kernel) Version: 5.4.0-65-generic
[00:00:00]: Kernel Build Timestamp: #73-Ubuntu SMP Mon Jan 18 17:25:17 UTC 2021
[00:00:00]: Machine Arch: x86_64
[00:00:00]: Don't Starve Together: 455744 LINUX
[00:00:00]: Build Date: 6695

Edit: forced a 12th update and works now. :???:

Edited by cezarica

On 3/11/2021 at 6:01 PM, Mike23Ua said:

I was genuinely worried that Klei may remove Wildfires from the game after recent “Summer Sucks” threads but LOL There’s a “MORE” option for them now.

I'm tempted to do that on my still flingo-less world just for lulz.

On 3/11/2021 at 8:54 PM, goldenpanda56 said:

Can you also reduce the cost of the clean sweeper? It's because it's technically a worthless item made solely for cosmetics.

It's a magic duster and not that expensive. A few petals you find lying around a spooky forest and Wormwood's arm.

21 hours ago, Wardin25 said:

but theyre not loyal so you can weave them anytime

Oh THANK GOODNESS. I really like this new trend of having fewer and fewer time-locked exclusives. I mean, I got them, obviously. But the person on hiatus and teh person buying the game 2 months from now will not have them. And these are super important skins!

• Like 2

You still didn't add an option to disable rollbacks and roads did you ? also being able to change world settings after creating a world feels cheaty..

adding a "hardcore" mode that would disable rollbacks and world generation settings post world generation would be a nice feature.. 

Edited by WainingWabbits

On 3/11/2021 at 9:51 PM, Ornge said:

finally, the world settings update

Now you can have a proper nothing world

I dont know if you ever gonna add any new options for world. But if you do an option to turn on and off the random set pieces, an option to turn on and off the biomes that doesnt always generate like the rocky biome or the extra deciduous biome and an option to choose the between deciduous and mozaic for the lootstashes to spawn would be amazing. 

• Like 1