[Game Update] - 455433

1 minute ago, zarklord_klei said:

Dedicated servers not launched by the game should not be using leveldataoverride.lua, they should be using worldgenoverrides.lua

Oh, I see. Haven't looked into running a dedicated server for DST for a while now. It seems documentation etc. is mostly outdated in most places. Any chance there's some recent and useful documentation for running a dedicated server for DST?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

qol_march_promo_hirez.png

We're back with another QOL update, this update contains some changes to world options, they have been split into two categories, world settings (things affect the world after it has been generated), and world generation options (things that affect world generation)

dst_forum_victorian_skins_and_bundle.png

59da49345be2d_Webberinterruptsalchemymachinetending.png.3253d39778b11cf82970ae7cfe335a16.pngThe update image reminds me of that tutorial image the community worked on.

Note to beta players, please untoggle for getting on. Learned that the hard way.:wilson_ecstatic:

What is Wormwood...? Is he Garlic this time?

39 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

Wurts new tail could use some tweakingwurttweak.png

It's a feature.:wilson_sneaky:

Just now, HorseyTheYes said:

GOATWURTGOATWURTGOATWUR-

My same reaction when I saw the new skin.:wilson_ecstatic:

34 minutes ago, 9screamingkittens said:

don't shoot me

@

25 minutes ago, Shenny said:

Wait the description of Wurt's new skin implies that she would turn into a volt goat if she fails The Gorge since it wouldn't make sense for her to turn into a merm like the others. Does that mean...Mumsy and Billy were originally merms???

I'm liking how this new skin has us pondering on the lore., Makes me hope we get a goiat-transformation for Wurt if Re-gorgified does a special goat animation for Wurt.

• Like 1

• Developer
Just now, thasmo said:

Oh, I see. Haven't looked into running a dedicated server for DST for a while now. It seems documentation etc. is mostly outdated in most places. Any chance there's some recent and useful documentation for running a dedicated server for DST?

This will get updated with the newer options soon, but that will point you in the right direction.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

Dedicated servers not launched by the game should not be using leveldataoverride.lua, they should be using worldgenoverrides.lua

I thought worldgenoverrides.lua was deprecated? We've been using leveldataoverride.lua for all our dedicated servers for over a year now.

• Like 1

• Developer
Just now, X-lem said:

I thought worldgenoverrides.lua was deprecated? We've been using leveldataoverride.lua for all our dedicated servers for over a year now.

Nope, it never has been, using leveldataoverrides has always been for game use, and worldgenoverrides has always been for player use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, X-lem said:

I just looked up our dedicated server code and we actually removed `worldgenoverride.lua` in 2017 from our codebase because, afaik, there was information at that time, that it has been deprecated. @zarklord_klei, I believe if you say that this is not the case, but there was definitely information about not using `worldgenoverride.lua` anymore.

Edited by thasmo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Owlrus said:

I'm just so happy that YoTB stuff is sticking around. The wormhole skins make it even better too! Just a question though, since the large Victorian skin pack is being updated with the new ones, will the people that bought the pack prior to now be given the new ones as well or is that going to be independent of the pack?

I didn't get it.

• Developer
10 minutes ago, thasmo said:

I just looked up our dedicated server code and we actually removed `worldgenoverride.lua` in 2017 from our codebase because, afaik, there was information at that time, that it has been deprecated. @zarklord_klei, I believe if you say that this is not the case, but there was definitely information about not using `worldgenoverride.lua` anymore.

I would love if you could point me to this information, I can't find anything suggesting that, in our codebase, nor in any searches I have done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Balloon tool skins with rubber ducky noises for Wes in the future?:wilson_ecstatic:

image.png.975c3b31821b1fed3a82c0bbb0e94bd6.png

Is this a preview for a future mob?5d576e0edf4eb_Arielthoncdiscord.png.53228c98bab766ce8047c212e4242962.png

Nice catch patchy! Perhaps klei will add the snaptooth's cousin soon! Wormwoods everywhere have been clamoring for a similar mob for a very long time. 

• GL Happy 1

Oh thank goodness. I hate the cookiecutter fish and it's nice to have the option to remove them. My only criticism is that we can't pick things while holding objects like before and it's a bit cumbersome to have to unequip an item and then re-equip it to get certain resources. I know in real-life that's something we would have to do but...yeah.  

• Big Ups 1

2 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Nice catch patchy! Perhaps klei will add the snaptooth's cousin soon! Wormwoods everywhere have been clamoring for a similar mob for a very long time. 

It reminds me of the movie creature "predator", but I'm hoping this will lead to something in the future.

7 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

I would love if you could point me to this information, I can't find anything suggesting that, in our codebase, nor in any searches I have done.

Ad-hoc I can't find anything about it either, other than our commit which removed the worldgen and added the leveldata logic. Maybe it was mis-information or there were specific reasons why the worldgen file was not the first choice, even for dedicated servers back then.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

Unfortunately for me this update has introduced an interesting bug. It starts with me trying to pick up or plant something and I just repeat that action for eternity. I've been stuck trying to pick up a log for a few minutes now and every time I try to walk away it flings me back.

• Sad Dupe 1

Just now, thasmo said:

Is it just me or is it not possible to connect to newly created dedicated servers? I continuously get the message that the server runs on an older version. :?

My servers won't update past v454833. Wonder if others are having the same issue.

• Developer
2 minutes ago, ZenTen said:

Unfortunately for me this update has introduced an interesting bug. It starts with me trying to pick up or plant something and I just repeat that action for eternity. I've been stuck trying to pick up a log for a few minutes now and every time I try to walk away it flings me back.

We are looking into this.

Just now, thasmo said:

Is it just me or is it not possible to connect to newly created dedicated servers? I continuously get the message that the server runs on an older version. :?

Try re-updating your servers, a bugged release candidate accidentally got pushed right when the update got launched.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wavey 1

3 minutes ago, ZenTen said:

do you happen to have lag compensation on?

8 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

My bets are on some new summer creatures 0.0

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 2

11 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

Try re-updating your servers, a bugged release candidate accidentally got pushed right when the update got launched.

How can I check the actual version for a Windows client and a Linux server? I want to be super sure this is not my fault. Thanks!

11 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

It seems that steamcmd does not load the latest version for the dedicated server?! I'm refering to this steam app. @zarklord_klei, can you maybe check if the dedicated server release for Linux was published properly?

Edited by thasmo

Wait.. so I just got the update installed for Xbox, we have “more” options for enemy mobs now? Oh wow..

Also for those who dislike horror hound and horror penguin you have a toggle to disable them here.

Klei obviously put a ton of work into this and now I’m going to spend all night trying to see what all I can toggle & break.

I was genuinely worried that Klei may remove Wildfires from the game after recent “Summer Sucks” threads but LOL There’s a “MORE” option for them now.

I haven’t even started a world, still flipping little/more for stuff.

This is gonna be fun.

• Like 3